Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by eddie007
I have it in good authority that ther will be alcohol served during the service.... Unless of course you are a believer... Then you'll just have to make do with the blood of Christ...
Thought the alcohol was reserved for the priests as Catholics you only get a bit of the wafer.

I have a dilemma - I have to have gluten free, so can't have the body of Christ! In DD's church you can ask for a GF wafer at evening communion though.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 10:16 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Thought the alcohol was reserved for the priests as Catholics you only get a bit of the wafer.

I have a dilemma - I have to have gluten free, so can't have the body of Christ! In DD's church you can ask for a GF wafer at evening communion though.
For donkeys years many catholic churches have let you have some of the wine too.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
For donkeys years many catholic churches have let you have some of the wine too.
Not if you're not catholic they don't.... They won't share communion with non catholic communion taking other Christians.... Funny, my catholic mates in the uk were never backwards at getting their round in.....
Old Apr 1st 2013, 12:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Not if you're not catholic they don't.... They won't share communion with non catholic communion taking other Christians.... Funny, my catholic mates in the uk were never backwards at getting their round in.....
Last time I can remember receiving any wine was at my first communion and holy confirmation, and we are talking donkey years ago.....
Old Apr 1st 2013, 5:19 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Unless the priest knew you personally as a non-catholic how would they know whether you were a catholic or not? I've never seen anyone turned away from receiving communion in either bread or wine form.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Unless the priest knew you personally as a non-catholic how would they know whether you were a catholic or not? I've never seen anyone turned away from receiving communion in either bread or wine form.
Not been turned away as such, but gently reminded that I am in communion with A.N.Other congregation, not the catholic church.... the priest in question was a dear friend..... Emphasis on WAS...
Old Apr 1st 2013, 4:40 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Been car booting with my daughter today - got rid of the young sparks old toys and made some money while doing it

For an Easter Monday tho have to say it was damned cold - been back for 4 hours and still haven't warmed up - frozen
Old Apr 1st 2013, 6:46 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my God!

After all the hospital drama, something that somebody said 10 minutes ago has just reminded me that today is my Italian anniversary.

I arrived on April 1st in 1990.

Bloody hell !
Old Apr 1st 2013, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Been car booting with my daughter today - got rid of the young sparks old toys and made some money while doing it

For an Easter Monday tho have to say it was damned cold - been back for 4 hours and still haven't warmed up - frozen
Hot chocolate/hot toddy!

I remember car booting- did it 3 times to get rid of stuff, then donated what didn't sell to charity. It was a bit warmer though being June/July when we were doing it.
There doesn't seem to be something like it here, except for the ubiquitous "garage sale", which I've never done, or council clearout, when men in utes go round and pick up stuff from the side of the road- they are after the copper and metal in old computers and cables etc. Mind you, I did pick up a billycan and some glasses when we first came and our furniture didn't. People often chuck out good stuff round here.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 7:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Oh my God!

After all the hospital drama, something that somebody said 10 minutes ago has just reminded me that today is my Italian anniversary.

I arrived on April 1st in 1990.

Bloody hell !
Congratulations!!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2013, 8:16 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Congratulations!!!!!
Not quite sure if that should be congratulations or commiserations
Old Apr 1st 2013, 8:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Not quite sure if that should be congratulations or commiserations
At least you are more settled there than I am here....tenth anniversary on HalloweƩn
Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
At least you are more settled there than I am here....tenth anniversary on HalloweƩn

Heh... If it were a job you be entitled to 17 weeks off from October after 10 years.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Had a sleepless night, so didn't get to go to Y12 mum's morning tea.
However, the day ended well- had the last swim club, and not only did DD win the seniors points score trophy and her 5th consecutive Olympic medal, she got a club service award, AND SO DID I!!!!! ( In recognition of all the timekeeping I do.)

I'm a little sad- it is another on the list of "lasts", but amazed that they gave me a trophy. Need to get a bigger shelf for DD's though. Only 3 weeks till she gives up swimming altogether. I'm still going to do some timekeeping- I've volunteered for the national down Syndrome meet in September.

(The Olympic medal is for a swimmer who completes all the Olympic events in one season- ie 50, 100, 200, 400, 800 and 1500m free, 50,100 and 200m back, breast and fly and the 200 and 400IM.) DD has done it for 5 years running, so had a special award.

Last edited by carolinephillips; Apr 5th 2013 at 10:52 am.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 4:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Shite. The mother's cremation. Nowt else to say. Over being cold and over being over here. Wanna go home now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.