Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Mar 12th 2013, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by rasen78
Brisvegas this time. Sydney may be on the cards at some point as we have family there
Awwwww. No baking for me then. (puts away GF recipe books....)
Old Mar 13th 2013, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Tough
Old Mar 13th 2013, 2:05 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty upsetting week really, my sister started chemo/radiotherapy on Monday - 5 day intensive high doses, she has ordered her wig already and today is very emotional about it all - on the ward there is no escape from cancer, no getting away from it and it is day 3 and it is really getting to her.

Wish with all my heart I could help.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Pretty upsetting week really, my sister started chemo/radiotherapy on Monday - 5 day intensive high doses, she has ordered her wig already and today is very emotional about it all - on the ward there is no escape from cancer, no getting away from it and it is day 3 and it is really getting to her.

That's not good news. and all that.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:55 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hugs for both of you - for good results
Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

(((hugs))) for you both. When she feels better after chemo, give her some pampering. Don't forget to look after yourself too- it is incredibly draining trying to support someone going through all that she has to, and you need some spoiling too.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

{{{{{ Hugs }}}}} Sam, be strong & positive for her I know you are also struggling with your own bad health right now but modern medical innovations has been doing wonders for cancer patients, I have seen the proof of it with one my friends, but still not easy for you to be so far way from her.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 2:41 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I want to stamp my feet and demand to know why there is no cure for cancer.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:02 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I want to stamp my feet and demand to know why there is no cure for cancer.
There is for many of the types, and they are finding more every year, it's just that it's a long slow process and there are many types. This why the only charities I really support are the ones like Cancer research and tenovus as it's so expensive.

When my mother was having chemo what she found worse after a session was the fact that everything tasted the same, so it was difficult to get her to eat properly as treats didn't cut it.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs
There is for many of the types, and they are finding more every year, it's just that it's a long slow process and there are many types. This why the only charities I really support are the ones like Cancer research and tenovus as it's so expensive.

When my mother was having chemo what she found worse after a session was the fact that everything tasted the same, so it was difficult to get her to eat properly as treats didn't cut it.
They have warned my sister it will be next week she will really feel it - she is having chemo/radiotherapy at the same time.

My heart breaks for her.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

After struggling back to school yesterday, DD is too sick to go in today. Not only has the tonsilitis flared again, she hasn't been able to sleep properly for two days, and now may have thrush .
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:24 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody, somewhere said something about not expecting too much.

My OH came home today after more than 10 days away. I wasn't expecting too much - he's travelled 100 times and more.

I wasn't expecting a nice evening to turn to crap so quickly.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:31 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
After struggling back to school yesterday, DD is too sick to go in today. Not only has the tonsilitis flared again, she hasn't been able to sleep properly for two days, and now may have thrush .
Sorry to hear that Caroline - It must be frustrating too, she's not had a lot of luck recently. she feels better soon
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Somebody, somewhere said something about not expecting too much.

My OH came home today after more than 10 days away. I wasn't expecting too much - he's travelled 100 times and more.

I wasn't expecting a nice evening to turn to crap so quickly.
Oh dear - not a good one then
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:37 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Oh dear - not a good one then
Well let's just say that it's not a great shag fest reunion.

He's now k-zonked with a time zone difference on the sofa. I'm here and it's only 21.30pm for me. Both kids asleep and in bed .......... and as much as I love my BE friends ............. you're not ---whatever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.