Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Jan 26th 2013, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Just got back from a friends breakfast time citizenship ceremony....

Fantastic seeing her and her kids reach This point... A few years ago they would never havebthought this possible.... Yay Yaya!!!!

Yaya being her name

Being only allowed two guests each I was SO proud being one of hers... Right up until She reminded me she has no family left alive and few friends here in asutralia... Then I felt humbled...

Spending a couple of hours a week to speak English to fellow immigrants... And being taken into their hearts... MAGIC

Last edited by eddie007; Jan 26th 2013 at 2:45 am.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 2:40 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Just got back from a friends breakfast time citizenship ceremony....

Fantastic seeing her and her kids reach This point... A few years ago they would never havebthought this possible.... Yay Yaya!!!!

Yaya being her name
'Twill have to be Yazza from now on!
Old Jan 26th 2013, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Having a Barbie this arvo for her and her kids... Having been learning English for the last year she is now going to have to learn strine... And pretty bloody quick... The Aussie contingent are arriving from 2 onwards
Old Jan 26th 2013, 3:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Woke up at 4am feeling sick and headachey after yesterdays injection so got up at 5am and made a cuppa and took some painkillers and anti sickness stuff, feel a bit better now, just listening to the wind chimes outside which is quite soothing.

In 5 hours time, we will become Aussie Citizens so it's a big day for us.
congratulations to you and A. Have a wonderful day x
Old Jan 26th 2013, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Loved watching the citizenship ceremony from Canberra on tv this morning. The lady who interviewed the new citizens was a hoot - eg. to an Indian family where the wife was pregnant (been here 5 years with a 10ish year old daughter) she said "I see you've wasted no time in creating your own Aussie citizen!" How rude!

Miriam Margolyes was sworn in at the ceremony too and her comments were pure eccentricity. When asked why she was becoming a citizen after all these years she replied about being a dyke and loving an Aussie, then said she went for a lovely curry last night and she hoped the interviewer couldn't smell it on her breath..........she's lovely! Loved her interview on Graham Norton with Will.I.Am last year.........

My turn later this year. Can take my test after April........quite excited as I'll complete our Aussie family........ Congratulations to PP!

My pain levels are through the roof so have spent the day dosed up and wearing my knee brace. Back due to be sorted next week. The joys of having stretchy ligaments - muscles all spasm trying to do their job......and my knee keeps trying to dislocate.

Red wine is helping - can you tell?!!!!!

Last edited by itigo; Jan 26th 2013 at 9:35 am. Reason: Omission
Old Jan 26th 2013, 11:17 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Just back from the fireworks display.

I have been to the Alton Towers Fireworks and Laser show several times, and I have to say, this display tonight beat those shows.

How?

3D

Yup, 3D glasses. Added such a dimension to them. Absolutely amazing If you get the chance to see 3D fireworks, I highly recommend it. The boy was mesmirised

Happy Australia day
Old Jan 26th 2013, 11:44 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

The sun is finally shining in London
Old Jan 26th 2013, 11:48 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
The sun is finally shining in London
shush - don't scare it away
Old Jan 27th 2013, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Frickin excellent...

Took the bike down to pinjarra to visit an old schoolhouse where the quilt club innpinjarra sell their quilts...I want to buybthat place and live in it... Beautiful!!! Came away feeling really good about the ones I make... Then Zoomed off to mandurah for a pint and fish n chips on the foreshore.....

Back home and have the whole house to ourselves for the first time in eons..

Think we are going to leap off the top of the wardrobes and run around the house naked.. Just because we can
Old Jan 27th 2013, 8:53 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I had an interesting day today, popped round to a close friend who comes from my home town, they'd been back for Christmas and listening to them dispelled any hankering I might have had for a visit back to UK. Funny how the time of year can suddenly see you sprout rose tinted specs.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 11:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Been a tad damp and breezy so had a dvd day whilst keeping the cat calm each time the house tried to take off.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 12:06 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Frickin excellent...

Took the bike down to pinjarra to visit an old schoolhouse where the quilt club innpinjarra sell their quilts...I want to buybthat place and live in it... Beautiful!!! Came away feeling really good about the ones I make... Then Zoomed off to mandurah for a pint and fish n chips on the foreshore.....

Back home and have the whole house to ourselves for the first time in eons..

Think we are going to leap off the top of the wardrobes and run around the house naked.. Just because we can
That sounds like a great day

Last night was a busy night so only just got up. Never mind tho - off now til Thursday
Old Jan 27th 2013, 12:12 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

A morning sat listening to Bobby Womack on JazzFM,one cool motherfishcake
Old Jan 27th 2013, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Starting very badly....my uncle has just died. RIP Len.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Starting very badly....my uncle has just died. RIP Len.
Sorry to hear that Caroline. Was it expected?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.