Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Dec 16th 2012, 2:18 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by eddie007
You little joker you... I just KNOW you'll be fixing all those little jobs the missus has been wanting you to get round to, cleaning the house to "rental inspection" standards and preparing EVERYTHING for Christmas next week.... So she and the kids can come home and have a fantastically relaxing Christmas..... Not to mention doingnall the Christmas shopping single handedly, not forgetting to find the silver sixpence for the pudding. And planning a cordon blue 7 course meal for her return!

You big old softy you!
No, I've done sod all so far
Old Dec 16th 2012, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
No, I've done sod all so far
Yes but you know you will......
Old Dec 16th 2012, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Hope you don't have cats mate... Lillies like the arum are extremely toxic to them.... Even the pollen falling on their coat and being ingested during grooming can cause renal failure within a matter of hours....

We had arum type lilies in our garden when we brought this house...(they are considerered weeds here, but made up my mothers wedding bouquet in the 1950s back at home..) had to all come out ... Firstly coz our neighbors have a cat and they told us of their concerns... But also because the Byford two were coming to join us here in Australia.....
No cats in my house and luckily no strays/neighbourhood cats wandering here either. The white ones are considered a weed (which I have had to repeatedly dig and gotten rid off as they tend to wander around) but not the coloured ones (Bunnings sell these for around $45).

I've told my kid not to touch them either as I heard they're highly toxic to humans as well.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Has taken most of the day to clean the floor, remove the dressing, rinse, and put 2 coats of new dressing on- and that was only the kitchen bit, not the dining area. Now I'm all togged up waiting to go to church for DD's confirmation. It is too hot, but luckily I have a 20 year old silk dress that, although a bit wrinkly at the seams, will do. It is bias cut and skims over the flabby bits quite well. I've even jammed my rings onto my swollen fingers, but no makeup as it will run.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 5:28 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Been to the gym and managed nearly all of my workout except for fitball squats, bought some Frontline spray and sprayed the cat and pissed him off, dogs were done yesterday, Ive done some weeding, played with the dogs (yes Eddie, I can almost hear you saying that Rocky needs a friend )

Just uploading my photos to Facebook and having a cuppa.

I am SO chuffed, I have saliva and the drugs are working and I am feeling very positive and happy about stuff, although my contract runs out end of Feb, I am going to not worry about it and take each day as it comes.

Last edited by Cheetah7; Dec 16th 2012 at 5:42 am.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 5:28 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Has taken most of the day to clean the floor, remove the dressing, rinse, and put 2 coats of new dressing on- and that was only the kitchen bit, not the dining area. Now I'm all togged up waiting to go to church for DD's confirmation. It is too hot, but luckily I have a 20 year old silk dress that, although a bit wrinkly at the seams, will do. It is bias cut and skims over the flabby bits quite well. I've even jammed my rings onto my swollen fingers, but no makeup as it will run.
Hope you have plenty of Kleenex on hand

Have a great time Caroline
Old Dec 16th 2012, 6:42 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Having a nice chilled weekend.

Friday night went to see Stephen Merchant in stand-up at QPAC. He was really funny. And I met up with Emelems and Kporte (old BEers) so that was nice

Saturday we went to the Gold Coast for a walk along the beach, then spent some time at home doing research online for our big holiday next year. Can't wait.

Today we went to a leaving picnic in New Farm Park for some friends of ours who are moving back to England (actually friends of the husband's from his work, rather than English friends of mine). Beautiful day for a picnic

Tonight I am going out for dinner with 2 friends before one of them moves up to Townsville.

Bloody selfish friends moving away to England and Townsville!
Old Dec 16th 2012, 8:19 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Fortifying myself in readiness for the 1st day of the school hols. Feel like I've been here before Oh yes, that's right, I have

Oh yes, and I have some polls to arrange

Make mine a LARGE one
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hope you have plenty of Kleenex on hand

Have a great time Caroline
Thanks- service was interesting- very Happy Clappy - but enjoyable and friendly. Had my hands crushed when the handshake of peace was being done- didn't help that I already had sore knuckles from sweeping up the bark by the pool and getting too close to the brick wall. They had supper afterwards- a sausage sizzle and salad-which I couldn't eat, as it all had gluten!(Didn't know what dressings were on the salads, and one of them was noodles. Also had problems with communion, but they had thought of that and gave me a rice cracker. However couldn't have the wine, as everyone before me had been dunking their very floury sourdough into it, and it was contaminated. I was given a glass of water instead. Oh how I wanted to shrink into the floorboards as I tried to eat my cracker delicately. The body of Christ- sounded as though I was chomping his bones!!
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:22 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

The body of Christ- sounded as though I was chomping his bones!!
thanks for that, I'll never think of it quite the same again!
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
thanks for that, I'll never think of it quite the same again!
....er, sorry?
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks- service was interesting- very Happy Clappy - but enjoyable and friendly. Had my hands crushed when the handshake of peace was being done- didn't help that I already had sore knuckles from sweeping up the bark by the pool and getting too close to the brick wall. They had supper afterwards- a sausage sizzle and salad-which I couldn't eat, as it all had gluten!(Didn't know what dressings were on the salads, and one of them was noodles. Also had problems with communion, but they had thought of that and gave me a rice cracker. However couldn't have the wine, as everyone before me had been dunking their very floury sourdough into it, and it was contaminated. I was given a glass of water instead. Oh how I wanted to shrink into the floorboards as I tried to eat my cracker delicately. The body of Christ- sounded as though I was chomping his bones!!
Oh FFS! Jeez Christ on a bike... Did no one never teach you it's not even meant to graze your teeth!!!!!! The shame and humiliation!!!!! I choked on a communion wafer once... Went to a bloody church that were using those nasty little circles of rice paper and it stuck across my throat.... Sounded like I was hocking up a greeny trying to clear that little bugger....

And Don't worry... Polygamists use water not wine for their communion too... So you're in good company.....
Old Dec 16th 2012, 4:20 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

My little Haribo has been off to meet a special person....
Attached Thumbnails How has your day been?-santa.jpg  
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Good news and bad news.
VCE results out. DD1 very very upset that her name was published in the media without her permission. Herald published the scores at midnight BEFORE the official results were published. So all her friends knew her scores before she did.

She did 2 VCE subjects this year and she scored a 48 and a 50. She is still very upset but we're over the moon.

Last edited by IndieG; Dec 16th 2012 at 10:16 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by IndieG
Good news and bad news.
VCE results out. DD1 very very upset that her name was published in the mediawithout her permission (I have a copy of her form here and it clearly says no permission granted). Herald published the scores at midnight BEFORE the official results were published. So all her friends knew her scores before she did.

She did 2 VCE subjects this year and she scored a 48 and a 50. She is still very upset but we're over the moon.
That's not good - will you complain to the school?

Either way - congrats on the results. Hopefully when she gets over the upset she'll be pleased with the results too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.