Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How hard are you to please?

Wikiposts

How hard are you to please?

Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:26 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How hard are you to please?

I have standards in care and service and expect them to be met as I strive to meet them.

In my relationships I am easily pleased a little affection goes a long way

Last edited by asher; Aug 24th 2007 at 10:34 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN ABOVE, NO!

even the cake was mediocre:curse:
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The OH
even the cake was mediocre:curse:
Well that's even more disgusting imo.

Mediocrity sucks.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:35 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

No, I think that you have an expectation that other people in service industries will work as hard as you do... I know that one well.

And you might be a little stressed too.
Mmmm that sounds about right
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Weirdstone

...oh, all those fish

there are fish? No-one told me about fish...
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:32 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

it really does depend on my mood at the time.

stressed = then god help you, if something isn't "just right":curse:

mellow? = sod it, do it another day

in between? = leave i'll do it

Think that sums me up.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

She said I was a person who wouldn't accept mediocrity... which is probably one of the most perceptive things anyone has ever said to me before ... but it was bang on the money.
I was astonished .. but then isn't mediocrity easy to avoid?
I'm the same, easy to please - yes Sir! - but also won't accept medioc...mediac....mediocrity. Yup.

One of the things I tell Chief is that there is a time and a place for everything.

And typically, my timing and place is wrong.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Just a conversation recently I was having with a friend ... where I said I thought I was 'easily pleased' and she nearly fell off her chair laughing...

So are you easy to please?
IPom, seriously, you strike me as being well balanced. You come over as fairly switched-on, but also fairly even. You have standards, but you're not silly. Good person in a crisis.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
IPom, seriously, you strike me as being well balanced. You come over as fairly switched-on, but also fairly even. You have standards, but you're not silly. Good person in a crisis.
Thanks. I asked my friend if therefore this assessment meant that I was 'high maintenance' and she said 'God, no!', so I was happy with that.

If you're having a crisis, I might be busy though, washing my hair or something....
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks. I asked my friend if therefore this assessment meant that I was 'high maintenance' and she said 'God, no!', so I was happy with that.

If you're having a crisis, I might be busy though, washing my hair or something....
I like that. Nice to know a women who would be good in a crisis, but still has to stay in and wash her hair.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I like that. Nice to know a women who would be good in a crisis, but still has to stay in and wash her hair.
It really depends on the crisis.

Even I'd have a bad hair day if a friend was in trouble.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:28 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say I am easily pleased. That doesn't mean I settle for mediocrity, just that I try not to let the wrinkles of everyday life get to me. My wife on the other hand ...
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I confess to be a very exacting/demanding/perfectionist...

however I am easily pleased by very simple things.... like my OH
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

TELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Being a nurse and spending 12 hours giving my best to people in often very difficult circumstances(today for example) i find im hard to please when some flunky cant be arsed and gives me shit service in a restaurant/bar/train etc,or am i just stressed:curse:
Here here!
Yes, most of us UK nurses are stressed out (that's prob why we want to go). That's got nowt to do with it. S*** service is s*** service and I'm not gonna take it any more!!!... until the next time....
TA
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TELLYADDICT
Here here!
Yes, most of us UK nurses are stressed out (that's prob why we want to go). That's got nowt to do with it. S*** service is s*** service and I'm not gonna take it any more!!!... until the next time....
TA
Careful now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.