Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

how far behind is eastenders here?

how far behind is eastenders here?

Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice
Default Re: how far behind is eastenders here?

Anything beats Oz TV - there's nothing wrong with watching UK shows if you enjoy them.

I just finished reading Patsy Palmer's (Bianca's) autobiography, really interesting (especially as she's from my neck of the woods)
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevemich
my thoughts entirely!
I can't understand why anyone would come 12,000 miles to the other side of the world for a "new life" and worry about watching fictional cockneys living miserable lives???

each to their own I suppose
Maybe Pommy Mockney Cockney's Australian life is as miserable as his Australian one.

()
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchw
if you think the uk is really like that you have been away far too long....
in eastenders there are hardly any hoodies or proper chavs...the police always come when called and the pub is always busy.......thats fiction at its best!!!
There's real community in parts of the East End (seriously) that make it a cool place to live. My mother lived there briefly in the 90s when they were doing a stint as the local clergy. They loved it. A bit different from the previous Home Counties postings that preceded it.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:36 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: how far behind is eastenders here?

During my brief time in London I met some chick in a cafe who sounded like a 'stenders extra, and a schoolgirl at Euston Station who sounded like she'd just walked out of Grange Hill.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Apr 21st 2009 at 1:39 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

EverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really nice

Crumbs, you are relocating to the other side of the world are are worried about Eastenders? I don't watch it but have seen snippets of it and it portrays life in the UK in a lot of ways. I certainly don't reminders of that when get there...it's a new beginning
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:16 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eastend Girl
Anything beats Oz TV - there's nothing wrong with watching UK shows if you enjoy them.

I just finished reading Patsy Palmer's (Bianca's) autobiography, really interesting (especially as she's from my neck of the woods)
I've met Julie (Patsy Palmer) a few times we went out clubbing in the same group.

If you don't like the TV go home I thought I'd get it in before some one else does
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:18 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EverydaySunshine
Crumbs, you are relocating to the other side of the world are are worried about Eastenders? I don't watch it but have seen snippets of it and it portrays life in the UK in a lot of ways. I certainly don't reminders of that when get there...it's a new beginning
I 100% agree as if any of the shit that happens in the UK could possibly happen in utopia...................
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

cockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by stevemich
my thoughts entirely!
I can't understand why anyone would come 12,000 miles to the other side of the world for a "new life" and worry about watching fictional cockneys living miserable lives???

each to their own I suppose
it's got loads of drama and suprises thats why i like it
and the yank shows are boring and repetitive
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

cockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
If you like a bit of telly, but don't want to watch endless US cop shows and utter crap.... filled in with endless adverts for Rugs and erectile dysfunction...... then foxtel is a must in my opinion....
and the neverending plastic looking american barbie dolls and crap sitcoms etc etc

best show on telly at the moment is "skins"
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:28 am
Heading to WA

roamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cockney pommy
is it 3 months or a year and 3 months?
Pardon? they show Eastenders here? Pray tell me where! is it on some Foxtel package?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by roamer25
Pardon? they show Eastenders here? Pray tell me where! is it on some Foxtel package?
it's on uk tv on foxtel
have you ever seen skins?
it's a cracker of a show the best on telly i reckon and it's a huge hit now even though it's on sbs at 11pm (it's repeated on fox 8 too)
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:44 am
Heading to WA

roamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cockney pommy
it's on uk tv on foxtel
have you ever seen skins?
it's a cracker of a show the best on telly i reckon and it's a huge hit now even though it's on sbs at 11pm (it's repeated on fox 8 too)
Yes, they're almost finished season 2 of Skins here. I'm watching season 3 on 4oD but the buffering is driving me mad watching that and BBC shows online.

Was considering getting Foxtel...Hmmmmm....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:15 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: how far behind is eastenders here?

Originally Posted by roamer25
Don't know if anything's changed, but when I was a lad in Tasmania, 'stenders was broadcast on good old fashioned ABC TV.