Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How does an Aussie kid wake his parents up?

How does an Aussie kid wake his parents up?

Old Jun 16th 2016, 1:23 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default How does an Aussie kid wake his parents up?

My great-nephew still has a baby monitor in his bedroom, despite being 2 and a half (I dunno, these young parents!)

He woke up early this morning and wanted his parents to wake up too. So he sat up in his bed and bellowed into the monitor "fire! fire! fire! fire!"

When my niece ran into his bedroom in a flat panic, he bellowed again.
"testing! testing! testing!"

Don't know where he picked that up from, but it was very effective
Old Jun 16th 2016, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How does an Aussie kid wake his parents up?

Old Jun 16th 2016, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
My great-nephew still has a baby monitor in his bedroom, despite being 2 and a half (I dunno, these young parents!)

He woke up early this morning and wanted his parents to wake up too. So he sat up in his bed and bellowed into the monitor "fire! fire! fire! fire!"

When my niece ran into his bedroom in a flat panic, he bellowed again.
"testing! testing! testing!"

Don't know where he picked that up from, but it was very effective
We disposed of our baby monitor when junior was 18 months. He kept waking us up.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 9:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
We disposed of our baby monitor when junior was 18 months. He kept waking us up.
I got rid of ours when our first had been in her room for a week. They leave you completely neurotic about every whimper.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 2:43 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

never had one at all with either of my daughters.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
never had one at all with either of my daughters.
Same here, we never bothered. She wakes up, goes back to sleep. Can't remember the last time we got up to her, over two years ago I reckon.

Ours has never had a bottle either, she went from draught straight to a cup of moo juice. Which was great as we never had to bother with all that bottle washing mullarkey and Aptimil had to make do without our hard earned.