Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

how do you wanna go?

Wikiposts

how do you wanna go?

Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:46 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Question how do you wanna go?

Well we all have to die sometime

would you rather live a shorter very healthy life and just keel over dead?

Or would you prefer to live a very long life even if it meant you became ill and frail? and gradually fade away?

which would you go for?

I am not sure but have been discussing the theories of apoptosis or programmed cell death and this came up and set me thinking
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:50 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how do you wanna go?

Do a John Peel...
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

I dont want to get old and frail where i need looking after on a full time basis, someone wiping my arse then my face with the same cloth ........ No Thanks!!!!! I wish to go in my sleep if not then i wish to die quick so i dont feel a thing.

annkc
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

As a kid I always said shot in bed by jealous husbands

Now with kids and a wife I will settle for the path of least distress and embarrasment for those close to me.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:39 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher

Or would you prefer to live a very long life even if it meant you became ill and frail? and gradually fade away?

which would you go for?

I am not sure but have been discussing the theories of apoptosis or programmed cell death and this came up and set me thinking
Ohhh eck Asher hun, what a morbid thread!
Short 'n' healthy i guess but not too short!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

I dont want to go any further than 80, after that you cant do anything useful.
so looks like short & healthy for me.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 1:18 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Quickly. I have a fear of being in a vegetative state, having Alzheimers, etc.

Not helped by reading and then watching The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. (Beautiful book and movie, highly recommended.)
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:11 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm - I reckon about 80 - killed by the police after ram raiding the local bank with my electric wheelchair and the rest of my geriatric posse (after breaking out the old folks home first)- kind of a cross between BOnnie & Clyde and that old Iron Bru advert
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Hmmm - I reckon about 80 - killed by the police after ram raiding the local bank with my electric wheelchair and the rest of my geriatric posse (after breaking out the old folks home first)- kind of a cross between BOnnie & Clyde and that old Iron Bru advert
oooh yea, perhaps we could be thelma and louise and i'll do it with you
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by asher

which would you go for?

Very morbid, but a reality.

When the day comes that i can't wipe my own arse.....kill me!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I've always said to my OH if anything ever happened to me where i was in a vegetative state with no hope of recovery and would live out the rest of my years stuck on machines and not aware of what's going on...... time to use the pillow.

If only life were like Life on Mars - being a vegetable would be easier to cope with if i was off playing with the Gene Genie in my own head
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:26 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I say the same to mine, bridie, but should probably do a Living Will to save argumens in the family should the situation ever occur.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Seasider
I say the same to mine, bridie, but should probably do a Living Will to save argumens in the family should the situation ever occur.
we should do ANY wills, still havent got round to it
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:47 pm
Auntie Fa

Ditto. Last did mine in 1990, just after I got divorced and ten years before I met my current husband.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 5:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The day I start suffering with dementia or Alzheimer's is the day I get put down. No ifs buts or maybes. Failing that, an accidental bullet to the brain when I hit 70. I don't want to be old and incompetent or old and with all my marbles but not have the strength to do what I want. Unfortunately the women in my family seem to have stupidly strong genes and hang on until they're 90++, bright as buttons but bored as hell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.