Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How do you heat aussie homes in winter?

How do you heat aussie homes in winter?

Old Aug 30th 2009, 9:29 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you heat aussie homes in winter?

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Good on ya. Far me from me to criticise - and that was not my intent, as I'm sure you are aware.

For some reason, just don't like the idea of it..can't really think why!? The environment is a bit of an excuse - it's more subtle than that. I don't like the idea of heating clothes..hmm I'm weird...I'll get my coat.
I never ever dry clothes in it unless socks and jocks count as clothing. Underwear and towels are all that ever go in it. If its raining the clothes go on hangers on a rail in the spare room or over the airer. Towels and undies are a different kettle of fish to get dry.

PS. I knew you weren't having a go at me too
Old Aug 30th 2009, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dodge26
I have always washed my own clothes ever since I were 14 like you say your can't trust anyone else, but soon as I got married the leader of the opposition said she would do it, DISASTER!!! So I had to go back to doing it myself, as I would never have anything to wear for work no boxer shorts and only odd socks to wear.
That bad?!...

The boss did ruin one of my best workshirts by putting some colour in there - one of her tops. She didn't do it on purpose so I couldn't be angry and she gets full points for doing it in the first place.

The crazy thing she will do due diligence - seperate colours etc - you know what, I have never seperated colours and never had an issue. I just don't put new stuff in the machine...or buy the sort of stuff that will run...

edit - just asked her whether she'd like to get a dryer for linen, underwear (which sounds a sensible use) and expressed concern that it might be too much for her...

she winced - and said "No way"....

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Aug 30th 2009 at 9:45 am.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 10:02 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Never realised that tumble dryers were such an emotive subject!!

You have to love BE!!!!!

Em x
Old Aug 30th 2009, 10:22 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by emelems

You have to love BE!!!!!

Em x
I've considered using mine to dry the lettuce after washing it

Old Aug 30th 2009, 10:23 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I've considered using mine to dry the lettuce after washing it
That would explain high lettuce prices.....
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:12 am
Account Closed

now pack it in, the pair of you!
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems

You have to love BE!!!!!

Em x
Mate - long lost any embarassment or reserve I might have...

the beauty of the internet is that you can do all this from the comfort of your own home...and if you feel like a ****** noone has to know. The internet has made trivia an art-form...
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Mate - long lost any embarassment or reserve I might have...

the beauty of the internet is that you can do all this from the comfort of your own home...and if you feel like a ****** noone has to know. The internet has made trivia an art-form...
LOL! Have tried to give more karma but apparently I have to spread the love around before sending it in your direction again! haha!

Em x
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:39 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I never ever dry clothes in it unless socks and jocks count as clothing. Underwear and towels are all that ever go in it. If its raining the clothes go on hangers on a rail in the spare room or over the airer. Towels and undies are a different kettle of fish to get dry.

PS. I knew you weren't having a go at me too
I caught my cat in there the other week, curled up fast asleep.

Tumble dried cat!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Radlam is an unknown quantity at this point

Ill be over to Perth in 5 weeks as an A/C engineer, so if anyone wants a quote for some reverse cycle air conditioning, let me know
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:31 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I caught my cat in there the other week, curled up fast asleep.

Tumble dried cat!
My two love the washing machine

When we bought the washing machine I asked the salesman about tumble dryers. He said in this little bit of Qld that I'd only use it once a year, the rest of the time you'd have glorious sunshine and hardly ever see rain.

He lied.

I still don't have one - clothes are hung out inside out, towels are brought in before they're completely dry (that way they don't feel like cardboard) and when it rains stuff gets dried on airers in the rumpus room..but I'm bleeding well having one when we move to NSW!!!!