Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How do you eat yours?

Wikiposts

How do you eat yours?

Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:18 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you eat yours?

Originally Posted by sasbear
Just sat eating a kiwi fruit at my desk and one of the blokes young lads walked past and said 'oh so that is how you eat them then' - i was partially gobsmaked as I thought - well how else would you eat them?

I slice off the top and scoop out with a spoon - just like eating a hard boiled egg really

How do you eat yours?
My OH eating kiwi fruit is disgusting. He cuts them in half, then squeezes them out of the skin into his mouth. Obviously you can only do this when they're pretty ripe, and the juice goes EVERYWHERE . And he eats about 3 or 4 in a row!!!!!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:38 pm
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Yep, you'd think so, but my 6 year old daughter eats it as it is, furry skin an all.....nice
i'm a little older (altough if you ask some posters....) and I do the same rub the fur and eat.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

I run them under the tap and eat them skin and fruit all together.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
The boxes we buy has a 'kiwi spoon' in it ... Spoon one end, knife serations the other. I thought this was self explanatory, but I may be missing something.
Good for grapefruit ...

I eat Kiwi's like Fiona - peeled and slices ...I think golden ones are nicest
Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Thats exactly how I eat mine................................but always have difficulty with a mango..............end up with it over my nose, down my chin and juice dripping all over my top!!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Thats exactly how I eat mine................................but always have difficulty with a mango..............end up with it over my nose, down my chin and juice dripping all over my top!!
I love mangos....and they love me too.....all over me
Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:36 pm
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
thats why there called bath tub fruit ,I can clean a mango so the pip looks washed :scared:
Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by toandfro
thats why there called bath tub fruit ,I can clean a mango so the pip looks washed :scared:
How do you do that then?
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:16 am
beam me up scotty

Originally Posted by CasG
How do you do that then?
one of two ways if they are really ripe the wash and eat like an apple when you get to the pip you drag your teeth over it at just the right tension to squeeze the last drops of juice and flesh from the fibres sucking hard as you go . now if you have a ripe but not really ripe then you need to slice of the cheeks and cut into squares for visual goto http://www.wildoats.com/u/department173/
peel the skin from around the pip drag though teeth same with the rest of the skin when you've eaten the flesh.then repeat above pip proceedure
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:22 am
Account Closed

one of two ways if they are really ripe the wash and eat like an apple when you get to the pip you drag your teeth over it at just the right tension to squeeze the last drops of juice and flesh from the fibres sucking hard as you go . now if you have a ripe but not really ripe then you need to slice of the cheeks and cut into squares for visual goto http://www.wildoats.com/u/department173/
peel the skin from around the pip drag though teeth same with the rest of the skin when you've eaten the flesh.then repeat above pip proceedure
Don't know what is more of a palava.....doing all that...or having a shower after
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:26 am
beam me up scotty

Originally Posted by CasG
Don't know what is more of a palava.....doing all that...or having a shower after
now thats where you need a spouse who also loves mango then no shower is needed,and once you've practiced you can down a mango in seconds without losing a drop
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:28 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

I eat all the kiwi skin and all, all the fibre is in the skin
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:28 am
Account Closed

now thats where you need a spouse who also loves mango then no shower is needed,and once you've practiced you can down a mango in seconds without losing a drop
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by possoms
You're a regular kiwi eater then ??
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:32 am
beam me up scotty

Originally Posted by possoms
don't start conversations about fibre it will all end down the toilet you know it will

Last edited by toandfro; Nov 20th 2006 at 12:34 am. Reason: don't want ykw correcting my spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.