Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How did you spend today?

Wikiposts

How did you spend today?

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did you spend today?

Originally Posted by turtletom
i did sod all just like any other day

Young lad your age should be out eyeing up the lasses
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:23 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Today - running around like a blue-arsed fly trying to get everything ready for a trip to Sydney on the weekend for a seminar & dog show & to pick up 4 rescue dogs & bring them back to Brisbane.

BY MYSELF BECAUSE MY HUSBAND MANAGED TO GET A TRIP TO MELBOURNE THIS WEEK WITH WORK!!!!!!

Last weekend - wouldnt have a clue, cant remember that far back .
Old Oct 4th 2006, 2:20 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Given that it was a long weekend in Australia (ACT/NSW/SA), how did you spend it?

Wisely, I hope?
Replacing a burnt out slasher gearbox, fixing the lawn mower and an endless list of other shite chores. Didn't even know it was a bank holiday until I went into town to get a spare push rod.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 3:45 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Replacing a burnt out slasher gearbox, fixing the lawn mower and an endless list of other shite chores. Didn't even know it was a bank holiday until I went into town to get a spare push rod.

And before you say it - it was either closed or they didn't have the part!

Tracey
Old Oct 4th 2006, 3:56 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

i spent today being bored at work!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:48 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
And before you say it - it was either closed or they didn't have the part!

Tracey
Seeing as you asked, no they didn't have the part and had to order it in. But now I am fully immersed and used to the Australian way of not doing anything and so it didn't phase me as much as it used to. I needed the part which is an essential main part of the slasher and went to a slasher manufacturing company to get it, as they use them all the time day in day out I was convinced they WOULDN'T have one before I even left the house so as not to be disappointed. (I actually phoned ahead to check anyway) but still had to take the old one in to make sure they didn't order me the wrong one. This only increased my odds of a successful order by a few points but hey you have to try everything to not make unnecessary trips into town. It all ended well by Australian standards, only 2 trips into town to get it and it was the right one. Well wrong colour but right model but colour doesn’t really matter to the grass.

The sit down mower push rod I was given turned out to be the wrong one but once again it didn’t matter as I have enough metal working equipment now to be able to modify it and make it fit.

At least I now know how to be more happy here (happy used in the loosest way). Leave your brain behind in the UK and just accept every piss poor service and product you get as being OK and I find my stress levels seriously reduced.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Replacing a burnt out slasher gearbox, fixing the lawn mower and an endless list of other shite chores.
You really know how to party, Arkon. When you're self employed, there's no such thing as a bank holiday...
Old Oct 4th 2006, 10:27 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
The seaweed was awful wasn't it, absolutely loads of the stuff

We tend to travel about a little to other beaches. We went down to Port Noarlunga last week, it's a lovely beach and it only takes an hour from where we are (Mawson Lakes, near Pooraka) so not too bad to say it's right at the other side of Adelaide.

We haven't been to Henley yet, may have to try that one next.
We spent out first week here in Aldinga Beach. Great walking beach. It was so clean it was incredible. Next time you're going, give us a shout and we'll meet you. Might be nice to meet someone else here.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dotnron
We spent out first week here in Aldinga Beach. Great walking beach. It was so clean it was incredible. Next time you're going, give us a shout and we'll meet you. Might be nice to meet someone else here.

Will do, is a PM OK?
Old Oct 4th 2006, 10:53 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as you asked, no they didn't have the part and had to order it in. But now I am fully immersed and used to the Australian way of not doing anything and so it didn't phase me as much as it used to. I needed the part which is an essential main part of the slasher and went to a slasher manufacturing company to get it, as they use them all the time day in day out I was convinced they WOULDN'T have one before I even left the house so as not to be disappointed. (I actually phoned ahead to check anyway) but still had to take the old one in to make sure they didn't order me the wrong one. This only increased my odds of a successful order by a few points but hey you have to try everything to not make unnecessary trips into town. It all ended well by Australian standards, only 2 trips into town to get it and it was the right one. Well wrong colour but right model but colour doesn’t really matter to the grass.

The sit down mower push rod I was given turned out to be the wrong one but once again it didn’t matter as I have enough metal working equipment now to be able to modify it and make it fit.

At least I now know how to be more happy here (happy used in the loosest way). Leave your brain behind in the UK and just accept every piss poor service and product you get as being OK and I find my stress levels seriously reduced.

You seemed to have it sussed now!
Good luck,
Tracey
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:06 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

no work today,havent moved off the settee,5 million channels on sky and sod all on.murder she wrote.....wheres my gunn
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:34 am
happy to be here!

Originally Posted by aston man
no work today,havent moved off the settee,5 million channels on sky and sod all on.murder she wrote.....wheres my gunn
Just the same over here mate! Only difference tonight is hubby is working away and I get control of the remote - might as well not bother though - the only thing on at the minute is fatal attraction

Today met up with other expats from the Hilary's meet in Neil Hawkins Park.
Had a great day even though I ended up taking my 3 friends' kids aswell, so ended up looking after 8 kids
They were all really good, apart from one (and wouldn't you know it was one of mine!) he climbed a treee, the branch broke and he ended up in the lake!
All in all, a good day and to top it off the weather was fab!
Tracey
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:50 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Will do, is a PM OK?
perfect