Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How did you meet the love of your life?

How did you meet the love of your life?

Old Jan 10th 2009, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all
Default Re: How did you meet the love of your life?

What he was covered in tatoos, with a goatee beard and a beer belly poking out of his Holden/Ford tee shirt

Only joking

John[/QUOTE]

Had..an image of aussi guy- surfer, well built n tanned :-P

Why r u an aussi? :-P

kidding..lol
Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:11 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

One night stand 24 years ago...I'm still stuck with my OH, but have enjoyed every minute...even in the early days when it literally took a few minutes !
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Islandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really nice

still waiting
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:47 pm
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Islandgurl
still waiting
Ditto!

Well, I think I have had the love of my younger life already. That's how I see it anyway. We are only not together because of circumstances, and because he lives in South Africa and I in England (soon to be Sydney).

I lived with his brother in a shared house when I volunteered as a teacher in S.Africa in 2005. He came over to go out and celebrate Easter with us. We played pool, chatted, and were generally smitten with each other. He said I had the most lovely accent he had ever heard. He travelled 4 hours each time to spend time with me, he picked me up from school where I was covered in red clay mud and small childrens' wee and he said 'you look beautiful today'. Now, I'm not sure if he was just temporarily blinded by the sun but we were deeply in love.

I didn't realise at the time how seriously he viewed our relationship. In fact, he asked a friend if she thought I would not go back home to England and instead stay and go to uni there and marry him. I wish he'd told me what he was thinking straight away, I'd have agreed at the time

Then I was flown back to the UK by my health insurance and without getting a chance to see him due to how far away he lived. I thought he'd been told what had happened and that I'd be leaving, but the message never got through to him from my friend. We only spoke once I got back home, and he knew I wouldn't feel safe living there anymore so he didn't ask. I also knew he would never be able to leave the bush - he took tourists on safaris and that was his home environment.

Nearly four years on, we still text and email a lot, and know that it was just the way our lives worked out. I learnt a lot from him and hope that my second love will be just as special.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all

i met my wife at work in Sydney Weekly magazine!

i walked in and there were 25 girls and 3 blokes.

needless to say i thought i'd hang around for a few work social events
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

ozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Oz wannabe1
Thought I had, she bin bagged me 4 weeks ago, coming to Oz in April alone and so I am still looking!!!!!!!!!!!! Any offers out there?
Even though I posted on this thread a few pages back I just realized that
if the love -of my-life would suddenly decide he didn't want to go to Oz anymore, ( and not even try it out for a bit) then I will be anyone's who will take me instead!
I am tall, blond , in the best years of my life, and filthy rich. ...then again, I can be brunette or a little younger if you want me to, and needing a sugar daddy

Mrs Ozbaz
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

JessicaJamie is an unknown quantity at this point

He drank in the pub I was working in at the time! We hated each other, rowed like mad. Then one night while we were bickering someone suggested we get a room! Well I told them where to stick it. Then he (steve) said to me just kiss me and I'll know (cheesy). He was very drunk but I did and four years on we just got married in Bulgaria with temperatures of minus 15 degrees C and a foot of snow!!!!!!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Met my hubbie in a Kiwi pub where I was barmaid - he had a mullet !!!!!!!!!!
Lucky me - I got a real catch xxxxxxxxxxx

PS : he lost the mullet before our first date ! X
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:54 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

We met in a nightclub, I was eating a cheesedog, and she wanted some.

Been together for 16 years now
Old Jan 11th 2009, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

I met her in a club down in old soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola
C-o-l-a cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said lola
L-o-l-a lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well Im not the worlds most physical guy
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Well Im not dumb but I cant understand
Why she walked like a woman and talked like a man
Oh my lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well we drank champagne and danced all night
Under electric candlelight
She picked me up and sat me on her knee
And said dear boy wont you come home with me
Well Im not the worlds most passionate guy
But when I looked in her eyes well I almost fell for my lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

I pushed her away
I walked to the door
I fell to the floor
I got down on my knees
Then I looked at her and she at me

Well thats the way that I want it to stay
And I always want it to be that way for my lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
Its a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well I left home just a week before
And Id never ever kissed a woman before
But lola smiled and took me by the hand
And said dear boy Im gonna make you a man

Well Im not the worlds most masculine man
But I know what I am and Im glad Im a man
And so is lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Old Jan 11th 2009, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Just kidding Its a long story with alot of adventure and intrigue and loads of stress (all mine). Met her in a bar in Canada ended up in Blighty for years now Perth to live out our days with our Pommie born sprogs
Old Jan 11th 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

I met Mrs LL in the Brass Monkey in Northbridge Perth. I had only been here for a few months, this was back in 1998, and had a few engineers in town ready to go offshore to do an oilwell workover for me. As was the custom at the time, it was necessary to get as drunk as possible before going offshore (wouldn't be allowed these days!!) with the boss. I spotted the future Mrs LL across the bar and disregarded the engineers. Me and the missus have been together since.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

We met in work. I had fancied him for ages but he is shy with the layyyyyyyydies.

After a work's do in Liverpool I asked him to show me the way to Moorfields station. At the top of the escalator he went to say goodbye and I thought "its now or never" so I snogged his face off and ran for my train.

17 years and 2 sons later, we are still together so I think I made a good move.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

What he was covered in tatoos, with a goatee beard and a beer belly poking out of his Holden/Ford tee shirt
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ponyrama
How old are you? What do you do? How big is it? (bank balance) - I could be persuaded.
Typical woman - its all about the money ha ha

Well I am 46 brown hair blue eyes look much younger than my age and cash? Lets just say I could live a year or two without a job when I get to Oz

See you in Perth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.