Wikiposts

How did you chose??

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Smile How did you chose??

Hiya, dont know if this ones been done before but i will chance me arm and ask again....
How did everyone decide on which part of australia to settle in??

We decided on Perth because after intense research on internet etc.....there are no funnel web spiders in perth!!!!
i do not want any replies that there are please!! let me live in oblivion!
i will avoid any spiders that i encounter just like i do here!!

A spider that can spend 3 days underwater and still come out biting is not my idea of fun!!

so how did everyone else choose?

Nickie

Last edited by Nickie; Oct 23rd 2007 at 6:34 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did you chose??

Hi Nickie,
We chose the area we live as my brother already lives here with his family and we wanted to be fairly near him. We have moved about 15-20 min drive from them so it's good.
S xx
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:44 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

it might of been the bright lights and dancing girls... or it might of had something to do with having been here before
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:56 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
Hiya, dont know if this ones been done before but i will chance me arm and ask again....

We decided on Perth because after intense research on internet etc.....there are no funnel web spiders in perth!!!!

A spider that can spend 3 days underwater and still come out biting is not my idea of fun!!

Nickie
We were lucky in that we had visited most of the major cities and had an idea of what they were like. Our choice was based on the job situation, housing cost and weather, Perth came out top on and although it was one of the cities we had'nt visited.

It has worked out great for us, but we were always of the mind set that it Perth wasnt for us we would just try somewhere else
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:05 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

We still havent got a clue where to go to. We have been twice before and are over at the moment validating our visa. we have no family ties here but have friends in Perth. this time we are visiting areas we havent been to before. I would recommend a reccie if you can afford it. We are staying in Frankston in Victoria and love the Mornington Peninsula, we are off to have a look at Adelaide tomorrow.

good luck

Joex
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev

Nickie
A big jaggy pin Mainly the work situation and up till now we haven't regretted it
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:24 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife has lived here all her life and loves it.

And, as is becoming tediously (but strangely comfortingly) clear over the years, she IS always right.

It was one of the things that attracted me actually, someone being relentlessly upbeat about their 'home town' ... coming from Chatham it was a completely foreign concept ...
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:56 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
My wife has lived here all her life and loves it.

And, as is becoming tediously (but strangely comfortingly) clear over the years, she IS always right.

It was one of the things that attracted me actually, someone being relentlessly upbeat about their 'home town' ... coming from Chatham it was a completely foreign concept ...
funny huh.. most of my mates, and people at work, and customers are also so upbeat with Brisbane.. it makes you feel good and that you made the right decision.. in my case the wife does as she is told ( :UCKS::
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:07 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
funny huh.. most of my mates, and people at work, and customers are also so upbeat with Brisbane.. it makes you feel good and that you made the right decision.. in my case the wife does as she is told ( :UCKS::
That's an interesting point. The upbeat nature, confidence and wealth of Perth also makes me feel we made the right decision. After having a look at SE Qld and not liking it my wife insisted we have a look at Perth and I'm so glad she did as it we definitely made the right decision to move here.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:14 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

We initially decided on melbourne because my OH is a D.J and he wanted to live somewhere he would have the best chance of being able to carry on with it.
Having done lots of research (and with the DJ'ing now being well down the list of priorities) we have decided on the Mornington peninsula. I currently live in a beautiful part of the Uk and I'm not sure if I want to go back to city living.
Time will tell if it's the right decision.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:29 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
That's an interesting point. The upbeat nature, confidence and wealth of Perth also makes me feel we made the right decision. After having a look at SE Qld and not liking it my wife insisted we have a look at Perth and I'm so glad she did as it we definitely made the right decision to move here.
Cant argue with ya there m8...

We never went anywhere else... only ever been to brisbane !

Rellies in Bondi.. so thats sydney out lol...
Melbournes to bloody like uk weather at times...
Adelaide.. well as one person said, its the place to be BORN in and DIE in.. and to live somewhere else inbetween !!
Perth.. never fancied it, having watched those, Brits 2 Oz programmes..
NT.. pmsl.. yer rite !!!

and tazzy... watching it snow whilst sunbathing on the beach.. aint my thang..

I hate Sunbathing
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: How did you chose??

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
We still havent got a clue where to go to. We have been twice before and are over at the moment validating our visa. we have no family ties here but have friends in Perth. this time we are visiting areas we havent been to before. I would recommend a reccie if you can afford it. We are staying in Frankston in Victoria and love the Mornington Peninsula, we are off to have a look at Adelaide tomorrow.

good luck

Joex
We had to sign and return a declaration type thing to confirm that we are going to WA and taking around $500,000 with us. Did anyone else???

Nickie
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:22 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
The only bad stuff I've heard is years down the track when some 'face' has 'made it' (i.e. is taking lots of drugs, has a loveless marriage and in debt up to their eyeballs) and starts saying how bored they were with Brisbane ... they are invariably idiots or intrinsically boring themselves.

Then there are the morons that parrot out blantant untruths like 'you can't get a beer after 9pm on Wednesday' ... ah well, if it keeps THEM away ...
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Winglet66 is on a distinguished road

Our Reccie was a visit to friends. In the tropical Far North of Queensland. The Atherton Tablelands to be exact.

We had been to Sydney, Perth, and Brissie plus a few places in-between.

Didn't want to be in a city personally. After leaving the crowded UK couldn't see the point of heading into another crowded city and rat run in suburbia.

We wanted good (warm) weather for most of the year and an area with NO WATER RESTRICTIONS

This region has it all, Cairns and the beaches, Mountains, tropical rain forests, the barrier reef, the dry dusty outback all within an hour.

Cairns is a great airport with Direct flights to Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong all about 7 hrs away. This northern gateway is two hours + closer to the rest of the world

No time shift to speak of - this close to the equator (Latitude 16 degrees south) there is only about 20 mins difference between Sunrise and Sunset all year - which is great for the old body clock.

So when you weigh up what an area can offer it's not all just about work, the more expensive place you put yourself, the more work you'll have to do to pay for it. I have traded a high paying job for quality of life - N QLD has it all, don't make a decision until you've been up here.

I'm now a Human being - Not a human doing!

Last edited by Winglet66; Oct 23rd 2007 at 11:05 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:07 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
We were lucky in that we had visited most of the major cities and had an idea of what they were like. Our choice was based on the job situation, housing cost and weather, Perth came out top on and although it was one of the cities we had'nt visited.

It has worked out great for us, but we were always of the mind set that it Perth wasnt for us we would just try somewhere else
I told her we were going to Brisbane but she followed me so I jumped on the next plane which was going to Perth

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.