Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How could someone do this with a family in the house?

How could someone do this with a family in the house?

Old May 30th 2012, 12:40 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How could someone do this with a family in the house?

Well there is a clear line of reasoning there whoever is tried with this will have to put forward the possibility that Philpott torched his own House in order to get himself back in the Public eye. The police can at least say this was fully explored and ruled out.

Sadly this case sprang to mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapp...annon_Matthews

You never know how other peoples minds think
Old May 30th 2012, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Please do NOT prejudge the issue, the parents have been detained, but the police say they are a long way from finding out what really did happen, it may have been the parents, but they have not been charged, they have been arrested are being questioned.
If it is true, and they are charged, then they deserve everything they get, but everyone got their knickers in a twist when a couple were arrested a couple of days after the event, they were released without charge.
The police will often arrest people so that they can get the maximum time to question them, and they will be questioned separately, with, I'm sure, the police hoping that they give conflicting stories
Indeed! Very sad either way though.
Old May 30th 2012, 11:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I have met these parents when I worked as a midwife. Have to be honest, I didn't take to him at all, he seemed to feel entitled & after whatever freebies he could get. However I do find it hard to believe that parents would risk doing something as stupid as this but it does happen.

Whatever my personal feelings are about this family & their lifestyle, I hope they didn't do this & someone else is responsible for this evil act.
Old May 30th 2012, 8:23 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

They have been charged with murder.

Link
Old May 30th 2012, 8:45 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
They have been charged with murder.

Link
Words fail me

I really feel for the surviving children. What they have to live with now
Old May 30th 2012, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

*#@*#XX!

Or in other words, words fail me to adequately describe the evil scum who could do that.
Old May 31st 2012, 1:53 am
Just Joined

Opal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by eddie007
OMG

i was reading one of those awful true crime books when this happened.... Where the mother had torched her own house to get her soon to be ex husbands attention and sympathy and killed two of her kids in the process...

The thought crossed my mind ... But I had shoved it to the back as too terrible to even think....

Bloody evil ****wits ... If they did do it...
There was something a bit odd about this at the beginning but couldnt put my finger on it, and like you brushed it to the back of my mind as too awful too contemplate...

Horrendous
Old May 31st 2012, 3:59 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-18261680

Too many parallels with similar stories of large/socially underdeveloped/poor families from shitty neighbourhoods.....the golden rule is ALWAYS look close to home first!! For reasons many of us would not be able to comprehend people of poor social and educational skills do stupid stuff without even realising the consequences.....people.are *****ed up!
Old May 31st 2012, 4:01 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Remember the little girl who went missing from her home in Mt Druitt a year or so ago.....I said straight from the bat, this is close to home. Turned out her own step father had killed her and her own mother knew. Grrr! I hate stupid people. There are people from very poor backgrounds and who are severely disadvantaged and yet they still have a great deal of conscience and love for others and have my full respect, but my tolerance for those who let the side down is zero.
Old May 31st 2012, 6:56 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-18261680

Too many parallels with similar stories of large/socially underdeveloped/poor families from shitty neighbourhoods.....the golden rule is ALWAYS look close to home first!! For reasons many of us would not be able to comprehend people of poor social and educational skills do stupid stuff without even realising the consequences.....people.are *****ed up!
I suspect that they were the real suspects from the start, I think in those circumstances the police look at the close relatives very carefully. There have been quite a few cases of parents appearing tearful at a press conference asking for 'anyone who knows where our kids are' to come forward, despite the fact that they already knew where they had buried the body. They almost always get caught.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 2:48 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Lets hope its a solid case.

Hate to see them walking away from it
Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if anyone else is following the hearing on this.

I've spent most of my working life in the emergency services, but this still has to be one of the most shocking cases I've come across. And the stories coming out at the trial defy belief,

A couple started a house fire which killed their six children in "a plan that went horribly wrong", a court has been told.

Michael and Mairead Philpott, along with third defendant Paul Mosley, deny six counts of manslaughter.

The prosecution allege they started the fire to frame Mr Philpott's former mistress amid a custody battle.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 8:54 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

I've spent most of my working life in the emergency services, but this still has to be one of the most shocking cases I've come across. And the stories coming out at the trial defy belief,

A couple started a house fire which killed their six children in "a plan that went horribly wrong", a court has been told.

Michael and Mairead Philpott, along with third defendant Paul Mosley, deny six counts of manslaughter.

The prosecution allege they started the fire to frame Mr Philpott's former mistress amid a custody battle.
Apparently they had all lived together in the house, well the wife and mistress had lived there, and they took turns sleeping with him, never a threesome. Then they got a caravan and kept it in the drive, with the Philpott, and the woman for that night sharing the caravan, the other woman staying in the house with the kids.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 11:38 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

The underclass.......no help for them...no conscience...no social skills.....this is not an isolated incident and it happens in lots of shitty council estates all over the UK...and the world.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 12:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

I was reading about this the other night - an incredibly f**ked up story.

Scum of the earth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.