Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How to cope with sweat rashes in delicate areas

Wikiposts

How to cope with sweat rashes in delicate areas

Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to cope with sweat rashes in delicate areas

This is quite a delicate subject, living up in Darwin has so far been ok but the OH and 3 boys are now getting sweat rashes between their legs, not just thighs but (how do i put it with out being crude) under the balls, is there anything that can be done to either prevent it or to make it more easier to cope with. Boys are 8,10 and 12 and have no body hair, but they are sufffering just as much with the rashes as my husband.
They shower 2-3 times a day change under wear, im using detol santiser in the washing machine when washing the under wear etc which claims to help prevent yeast infections.
If they are already suffereing i can only imagine what it is going to be like during the build up and wet season. So would appreciate any advice from you blokes that would help the males in my family
Mandy
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:23 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to cope with sweat rashes in delicate areas

what soap are you using? try using dove cream bars to wash.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
what soap are you using? try using dove cream bars to wash.
They have been using liquid moisturising soap that claims to be for sensitive skin, ive got dove in so may get them to use that instead.
Mandy
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:27 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

use Sudocreme to fix up the sweat rash, when it is gone, start using dove soap.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
This is quite a delicate subject, living up in Darwin has so far been ok but the OH and 3 boys are now getting sweat rashes between their legs, not just thighs but (how do i put it with out being crude) under the balls, is there anything that can be done to either prevent it or to make it more easier to cope with. Boys are 8,10 and 12 and have no body hair, but they are sufffering just as much with the rashes as my husband.
They shower 2-3 times a day change under wear, im using detol santiser in the washing machine when washing the under wear etc which claims to help prevent yeast infections.
If they are already suffereing i can only imagine what it is going to be like during the build up and wet season. So would appreciate any advice from you blokes that would help the males in my family
Mandy
Have a look at this:http://dermatology.about.com/cs/fung...a/jockitch.htm

An antifungal cream like Lamisil clears it up quickly.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spartacus
Have a look at this:http://dermatology.about.com/cs/fung...a/jockitch.htm

Thank you for the link very informative, i shall get my OH to read it. I will try and get some of that cream for them.

Mandy
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the link very informative, i shall get my OH to read it. I will try and get some of that cream for them.

Mandy
Only available from the chemists.

Other than that, for prevention, loose fitting underwear, not too many showers and getting dried off properly after a shower plus using a 'medicated' talc in the . . . cough . . . affected areas . . .
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
Good old curash available in supermarkets, the baby lane or general soap and stuff lane.

The chemists also sell a powder/cream I dont know but its advertised as BBB, bum balls ?? maybe You know in that aussie way like your having dinner with the mother in law or someting and the TV's screaming "'You having trouble getting a hard on, use hard coc& nasal spray"

Your kids will probably be luckier than most up there, the school may have airconditioning, in many states they just roast
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
You can also try Daktozin, a miconazole. We used it on our younger daughter's bottom a few times when she had horrible nappy rash caused by fungal infestion. It worked very well - eased the itch instantly and took 2 or three days to clear the rash. It's a fair bit milder than Lamisil - perhaps ask the pharmacists what they think is suitable for the kids.

For prevention... If the boys were younger, like babies or toddlers, I would say let them run around nude... May be not.

Mrs JTL
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Good old curash available in supermarkets, the baby lane or general soap and stuff lane.
Men (and boys) are like babies, so treat them as such... Here's a useful thread on Nappy Rash.

Mrs JTL
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:53 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
Mandy, I use Savlon during summer, regardless of having sweat-rash or not. Leave it refridgerated and it works a treat.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

The chemists also sell a powder/cream I dont know but its advertised as BBB, bum balls ?? maybe You know in that aussie way like your having dinner with the mother in law or someting and the TV's screaming "'You having trouble getting a hard on, use hard coc& nasal spray"

Your kids will probably be luckier than most up there, the school may have airconditioning, in many states they just roast
Its called 3B.Breasts,Buttocks,Between the legs.My oh suffers from Chefs Ass and swears by this shuff.Encourage your boys to wear not alot in bed so it gets some cool air down below.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

You might need to change your washing powder and/or fabric conditioner. Some powders can irritate sensitive skin. We use BioZet without any problems, there is also Omo Sensitive. Check the final rinse to see if there still lots of suds there, it might help to do another rinse.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:50 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by spartacus
Clonea Antifungal Skin Cream 50g at $5.99 is similar but cheaper

Lamisil Jock Itch Dermgel 15g $15.99

Clonea also works 'very' well, I am happy to say

3B is also good, but not as good as Clonea.
Neat Effect 3B Action Cream 100g $18.69

Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

obviously everyone else is being helpful and serious but once you've read that .... how about these?
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.