Wikiposts

House selling mess

Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House selling mess

Bummer Sue. What a nightmare. I hope it sells soon. As G said, change agents.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:33 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue and mick
Hi everyone

please tell me i am not the only one stuck in the non selling house syndrome.

we sold our house in june for full asking price in 1 week (hooray) 6 weeks later 2 days before exchange the bottom of the chain fell apart (only 3 in chain) due to man lying from begining saying he had sold his flat.

since then our house has been on the market we even dropped the price by quite a bit, have had people round occassionly but no offers, we are absolutely gutted because as soon as the house is sold we are off.

I have made myself ill because of the stress and my dream seems as though it will never happen.

is there anyone else stuck in this position or are we on our own.

I need some serious cheering up.

sue and mick

Cant cheer you up, we had two fat yank-wanker church going bible bashing priests from nevada.

Offered 10k below asking...

We moved to oz... sale went belly up, 12 weeks later...

dropped further 30k... mother in law sold house in one week, god bless her !!! :curse:

The moral of the story is....

If someone messes you around, and pulls out. Call DIAL-A-HITMAN 1-800-BULLET

And have the bastards, taken out !
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

YvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really nice

I feel for all who are in this predicament - being a person that likes to be in control of things having someone mess me around that much would annoy me more than I am allowed to say on this forum!

I'm not entirely sure how the house buying/selling process works in England and Wales but the buyers-pulling-out-at-the-last-minute trick seems to happen less up here in Scotland. I have to agree with what someone said in an earlier post - it seems the whole process has to be updated to stop buyers being able to pull out so easily. Is there anything on the cards for that happening?

I hope you all manage to sell your houses and start living your new lives asap - lets hope karma bites those who deserve it in the arse!!

Good luck!

Yvonnex
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:19 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue and mick
Hi everyone

please tell me i am not the only one stuck in the non selling house syndrome.

we sold our house in june for full asking price in 1 week (hooray) 6 weeks later 2 days before exchange the bottom of the chain fell apart (only 3 in chain) due to man lying from begining saying he had sold his flat.

since then our house has been on the market we even dropped the price by quite a bit, have had people round occassionly but no offers, we are absolutely gutted because as soon as the house is sold we are off.

I have made myself ill because of the stress and my dream seems as though it will never happen.

is there anyone else stuck in this position or are we on our own.

I need some serious cheering up.

sue and mick

Just wanted to say fingers crossed for you & hopefully by the time you do sell the exchange rate will have improved and you'll end up with more $$$'s!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

choccybicciebribe will become famous soon enough

Hi Sue

Are you in Hertford U.K.? if so thats where I am. I think its a great town with not enough good houses around. I would stay positive as even if it,s a bit quiet now [getting nearer to christmas] things nearly always pick up afterwards.
Where do you plan to head for in Australia?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

sue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the rough

Hi yes we are in hertford where are you, we are going to perth.

hi to graham and penny hope you are all wekk, bit hard to belieive after all this time still not there, waited for eldest to do gcse's then told us he wasnt coming GREAT!!!!! now we cant sell the house.

sue and mick
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:26 am
Just Joined

choccybicciebribe will become famous soon enough

Hi Sue,
Im up on the Foxholes, we moved here 18 mnths ago. You could always try looking into 'Jane Earl' online estate agents. I have seen a few up for sale with them throughout Hertford and up on this development. I think they charge much less commission? their website will give you all the info.
We are looking to spend 6 -12 months probably in Brisbane before my toddler starts school. I have been to Australia before and loved it. My husband is not so keen though as he thinks that I won't want to come back!

Good luck with whoever you choose to go with.