British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   House sale fell through.......gutted (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/house-sale-fell-through-gutted-478106/)

Sally Simpson Aug 31st 2007 8:23 pm

Re: House sale fell through.......gutted

Originally Posted by itsjulie (Post 5256689)
Just need to let off some steam!!!:curse::curse::curse:

Had the dreaded phone call from estate agent this morning to say our buyers have pulled out six weeks down the line. Apparently they have found another house which they prefer :mad: We took our house off the market for them and cancelled a booking for the following weekend and then they do this to us. I AM SO MAD :curse:

It is about time that sellers had some protection and deposits were involved then time wasters would perhaps think twice about mucking us about.

Now we have to totally rethink our plans and timescales. We were hoping to go out to Oz end November but not likely now!!!

Rant over.........feeling (slightly) better now :D

Julie

Julie, House selling Karma on way! yes, whole house selling business stinks.
Wish you luck!

thewoodz Aug 31st 2007 8:27 pm

really sorry to hear about it:(

however reading these threads i too agree that as sellers there should be some sort of protection - in other places once a sale is agreed it legally binding

estherg Aug 31st 2007 9:27 pm

Can I have a rant please, got an offer on the house which was a bit of P**** take and then came back with another silly offer and now will not answer estate agents calls:curse: its so say mind games:mad: and the fact they know we want to be oz asap. Sorry about your house, hope you get a buyer asap.:thumbsup:

Sally Simpson Sep 1st 2007 12:16 am

Originally Posted by estherg (Post 5258574)
Can I have a rant please, got an offer on the house which was a bit of P**** take and then came back with another silly offer and now will not answer estate agents calls:curse: its so say mind games:mad: and the fact they know we want to be oz asap. Sorry about your house, hope you get a buyer asap.:thumbsup:

Oh sorry! Karma sent!

killamarsh Sep 1st 2007 10:52 am

When I put my house up I won't be telling any of them that I am planning to move to Oz. I remember seeing this tip ages ago on here. I will just have to make sure my neighbour is aware of my 'tale' otherwise they might slip up if someone talks to them.

Amanda Jayne Sep 1st 2007 11:29 am

Originally Posted by itsjulie (Post 5256751)

They say that moving house is one of the most stressful life events. I wonder how much the stress levels increase when you are relocating to the other side of the world? At the moment I feel like my head will explode. :eek::curse::mad:

Four years ago I had a baby and moved house in a six month period! Wasn't too bad.

So, this year I had a baby, trying to sell a house and move down under in a 12 month period. Must be mad.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

We are in 'house selling hell' too. We had an offer £40K below the asking price. Do they think we are mad! However last night one couple on a second visit spent 50 minutes looking round (and round and round) so we are hopeful.

Hope it works out for everyone trying to sell at the moment.

Amanda :thumbup:

asher Sep 1st 2007 12:58 pm

Good luck to all you house sellers I loathe selling houses its so frustrating :unsure:

Bobcat Sep 1st 2007 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by asher (Post 5260320)
Good luck to all you house sellers I loathe selling houses its so frustrating :unsure:

I love it with a passion!!! :thumbup::thumbsup:

asher Sep 1st 2007 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Bobcat (Post 5260440)
I love it with a passion!!! :thumbup::thumbsup:

thats because it pays your beer money :lol:

Bobcat Sep 1st 2007 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by asher (Post 5260528)
thats because it pays your beer money :lol:

:thumbup: