Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

House sale fell through.......gutted

House sale fell through.......gutted

Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:50 pm
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice
Default House sale fell through.......gutted

Just need to let off some steam!!!:curse::curse::curse:

Had the dreaded phone call from estate agent this morning to say our buyers have pulled out six weeks down the line. Apparently they have found another house which they prefer We took our house off the market for them and cancelled a booking for the following weekend and then they do this to us. I AM SO MAD :curse:

It is about time that sellers had some protection and deposits were involved then time wasters would perhaps think twice about mucking us about.

Now we have to totally rethink our plans and timescales. We were hoping to go out to Oz end November but not likely now!!!

Rant over.........feeling (slightly) better now

Julie
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Originally Reading - now the Beautiful Central Coast!
MurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really nice
Default Re: House sale fell through.......gutted

Julie

Rant away - you must be gutted! Feel bad for you - sorry to hear your news and agree with you totally about sellers needing protection -it's just not right!

Fingers crossed you get a decent buyer along soon and that you can keep to your original timescales.

Tracy
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:00 pm
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

Thanks Tracy
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Julie

Hope you are feeling a little better. You have every right to feel MAD :curse:

Be patient it will happen and you will soon be on your way. Stay positive. That is what is getting us through.

We have had the house on the market since the last week in May and have had lots of viewing. Lots of people interested, love the house, love the village, not keen on a pub across the road. Sadly it is a lovely local pub in a village and there is never and ounce of trouble.

I feel low today - everything in place, bank accounts, driving licence, accommodation, shippers intructed - just need to sell the blinking house!!!:curse::curse:

Keep smiling

Watty 'n' Arls

PS will try and send some Karma...
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:18 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itsjulie
Had the dreaded phone call from estate agent this morning to say our buyers have pulled out six weeks down the line.
Hi Julie,

join the club! Our buyers pulled out four days before we were due to exchange contracts :curse:. We were supposed to be in Perth by now but are still here :curse:

Sorry it happened to you as well!

Gina
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:21 pm
Registered madwife!

Thanks Guys, I know there are a lot of us us the same boat at the minute. Let's hope it's easier to buy a house when we finally make it down under.

They say that moving house is one of the most stressful life events. I wonder how much the stress levels increase when you are relocating to the other side of the world? At the moment I feel like my head will explode. :curse:
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

handbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to all

Sorry to hear your bad news - if you get another buyer you could insist on keeping it on the market (not for gazumping) until they pay out for the survey. If they really want the house they will instruct surveyor to move quickly. No guarantees with this method - but they will lose survey money if they pull out then.

Hope you get another buyer soon - keep your chin up
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your bad news, you must be well cheesed off.
We have had this happen to us before, we were hopping mad - and we weren't moving to the other side of the world - so you must be really, really cross:curse:
Hope a nice reliable buyer comes along soon and you're right, if people had to put their money where their mouth is when making offers, there would not be so much hassle and chains collapsing.
Good luck
Sammy
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Had the dreaded phone call from estate agent this morning to say our buyers have pulled out six weeks down the line. Apparently they have found another house which they prefer We took our house off the market for them and cancelled a booking for the following weekend and then they do this to us. I AM SO MAD :curse:

It is about time that sellers had some protection and deposits were involved then time wasters would perhaps think twice about mucking us about.

Now we have to totally rethink our plans and timescales. We were hoping to go out to Oz end November but not likely now!!!

Julie
sorry to hear that. bottom of our chain dropped out on wed, the day we shud av exchanged. this is the 2nd time for us. so i know where your coming from.some people are very fickle over house selling/buying.you are right the law is an arse, it shud be like scotland once you sign thats it. or you pay 10%. that would stop all these arseholes messing people about.we are leaving house to sell now.and go 2 oz in 2 weeks time, av no choice , no jobs, cars,
sorry about that. but i do feel better for it
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to read all your horror stories about buyers droping out

sending love

tiff
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Julie,

Sorry to hear your news. You have every right to rant. I did! I'm currently sat by the phone waiting to hear if we've exchanged today (3rd time lucky) its more than nervewracking. Our last buyer pulled out 10 weeks down the line and 3 days before we were due to exchange:curse:. Someone will come along soon I'm sure. It'll all work out in the end. Will send some house selling karma for you.

Good Luck

Tasha xx
Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Julie
it's crap isn't it?:curse:
it happened to us too, we didn't even put the sign up for 4 weeks as they jumped straight in 3 days after going internet. We thought it was too good to be true!
We may have missed out on decent people buying in that time
So, here we are weeks and weeks later and not even any interest!!

Fingers crossed for you
Old Aug 31st 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys, I know there are a lot of us us the same boat at the minute. Let's hope it's easier to buy a house when we finally make it down under.

They say that moving house is one of the most stressful life events. I wonder how much the stress levels increase when you are relocating to the other side of the world? At the moment I feel like my head will explode. :curse:
We do things slightly different down-under. I'm hoping to get an offer on a block of land in Iluka this weekend; but it is a subject to sale offer (I think we used to call that a chain in Preston?)

I will suggest to my vendor that we accept the offer; assuming it is in the right price range that is...... and the subject sale property is half decent and not listed at an unrealistic price?

If my vendors are in agreeance we then lock the buyers in for a certain period of time............but; if a cash offer or an unconditional offer comes in from another buyer in the meantime.......... then we invoke what we call a 48 hour clause.

By that I mean that we give the subject sale people two clear working days to maybe fix up bridging finance........... or rob a bank............ or whatever so as to make there offer UNCONDITIONAL!!!

If they are unable to comply, we accept the new offer and return their deposit in full. It may sound complicated to the uninitiated but it isn't........ it's all done properly; all the tees are crossed and the ayes are dotted and each party should be made fully aware as to what the crack is?

No-one can pull out, there's no changing of minds. and no bloody gazumping? If all the paperwork is done correctly the whole sale process from go to whoa is fairly straightforward. A settlement date is tentatively booked and if Settlement is unable to go ahead for whatever reason on said date......... we allow each party 3 days grace here in WA to achieve Settlement.......... afterwhich penalty interest is applicable and has to be paid by the party deemed to be in default.

Hope this info enlightens you a little as to how we operate in WA. If anyone planning to come over here needs any further info, booklets, or whatever? PM me and i am only too happy to help out.

It's almost 3:00 am ............ I'm off to bed. That's enough time in the office for today.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 7:32 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Julie
Ive said it before (and no doubt will say it again) the way house buying/selling works in the UK it simply not fair. Buyers should not be able to string someone along for 6 weeks and then simply walk away with no penalties. :curse:

Sending you selling Karma to help you find a new buyer.

Adele
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

BayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud of

Julie
I've always thought of England as one step aheard but it looks to me that when it comes to house selling they are back in the dark ages. There definately should be some sort of protection for the seller and also the buyer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.