Wikiposts

House on the market

Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:49 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute
Question House on the market

We have made the decison to put the house on the market today even though we do not have our visa's - how scarey. You really are stuck between a rock and hard place. We made the decison after deciding that the market is still quite healthy now and we would be so upset if it took a nose dive - we are like most people we need the money from the house to start our new life. But there so many other if's whats and buts.. What if we get a quick sale and they want us out by christmas, we have plenty of people we can stay with - but putting our furniture in storage, waiting for the visa will be so hard, and cost us £35 per week. If we don't put the house on the market for a few more months it will be christmas time and then if we don't get a buyer for ages, we might have to take a trip to validate and then come back and wait for a sale... god who said this emigrating was easy..

Well folks heres to that perfect person, the cash buyer, no chain, who wants a quick sale, but does not mind if we rent the property until its time to for us to go to Aus.... do they exist??
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:55 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House on the market

Originally Posted by redlion
We have made the decison to put the house on the market today even though we do not have our visa's - how scarey. You really are stuck between a rock and hard place. We made the decison after deciding that the market is still quite healthy now and we would be so upset if it took a nose dive - we are like most people we need the money from the house to start our new life. But there so many other if's whats and buts.. What if we get a quick sale and they want us out by christmas, we have plenty of people we can stay with - but putting our furniture in storage, waiting for the visa will be so hard, and cost us £35 per week. If we don't put the house on the market for a few more months it will be christmas time and then if we don't get a buyer for ages, we might have to take a trip to validate and then come back and wait for a sale... god who said this emigrating was easy..

Well folks heres to that perfect person, the cash buyer, no chain, who wants a quick sale, but does not mind if we rent the property until its time to for us to go to Aus.... do they exist??
Good on you. That's exactly what we did, no point hanging around. Was difficult to judge when to put it on the market but we were always fairly confident that we'd sell it without too many problems.

We exchanged last week, we fly a week Saturday, and complete a week after that ( :scared: ). It'll be alright on the night as they say LOL

Actually, come to think of it, we booked flights before we had exchanged. We must be nuts!!!

Graham
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We put our house on the market and accepted an offer last week from someone in a good position. Estate agent says it should take 6-8 weeks to complete. We to do not have our visa's so are in a bit of a panic (just waiting for final decision). We will rent if need be. I am passed the stage of panicking. What will be will be.

Good luck with it all. You have made the right decision the last thing you need is the visa with your house still unsold
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

aarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really nice

Good luck! My house was on the market for £300,000 and after 6 weeks I've accepted a crap offer of £275,000. I daren't tell my family and friends that I have taken such a big drop because I'll never hear the end of it. But basically my visa came last week and I just can't wait to get out there. In hind sight I wish I had put my house on the market in June but you can't think like that. My biggest worry was not selling it this side of Christmas and then it would be spring, and I would be arriving in Oz just in time for their winter! What are your visa timelines? I was acknowledged April 10 (136 modl) and it took 5 months. I thought it would be longer.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:02 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aarancam
Good luck! My house was on the market for £300,000 and after 6 weeks I've accepted a crap offer of £275,000. I daren't tell my family and friends that I have taken such a big drop because I'll never hear the end of it. But basically my visa came last week and I just can't wait to get out there. In hind sight I wish I had put my house on the market in June but you can't think like that. My biggest worry was not selling it this side of Christmas and then it would be spring, and I would be arriving in Oz just in time for their winter! What are your visa timelines? I was acknowledged April 10 (136 modl) and it took 5 months. I thought it would be longer.
We were acknowledged October, so I am expecting the visa to take 6 - 8 months, hopefully.. so I thought that It would give us plenty of time to sell, especially if my buyers are in a chain. I was starting to get a bit worried like you, that we would get our visa and then take a low offer just to get ourselves out there.

Congrats on receiving the visa, I hope mine only takes 5 months. We will probably be arriving in time for winter, but atleast we will be out there.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

aarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really nice

We were acknowledged October, so I am expecting the visa to take 6 - 8 months, hopefully.. so I thought that It would give us plenty of time to sell, especially if my buyers are in a chain. I was starting to get a bit worried like you, that we would get our visa and then take a low offer just to get ourselves out there.

Congrats on receiving the visa, I hope mine only takes 5 months. We will probably be arriving in time for winter, but atleast we will be out there.
That's true. I was just worried that the winter would feel cold as my sister who moved out there a year ago was surprised at how cold it was. But they had just experienced a boiling Australian summer so it might feel quite mild to us.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: House on the market

SELL THE HOUSE NOW!!!

we had visas granted Aug 05 and house on market since then.
After sacking crap estate agents in June this year after 2 measly enquiries through them we advertised ourselves, we got a buyer straight away and had a couple more offers. Trouble is, all of them have houses to sell and no buyers yet. It's driving us nuts. I'm going in 2 weeks anyway because I have a job prospect and hubby will have to stay here until it completes. Not what we wanted at all. If only we had some trustworthy family or friends to look after the place for as long as it takes, we would both go, but we don't have that option.

In hindsight, we would have marketed much earlier
Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kitty4
SELL THE HOUSE NOW!!!

we had visas granted Aug 05 and house on market since then.
After sacking crap estate agents in June this year after 2 measly enquiries through them we advertised ourselves, we got a buyer straight away and had a couple more offers. Trouble is, all of them have houses to sell and no buyers yet. It's driving us nuts. I'm going in 2 weeks anyway because I have a job prospect and hubby will have to stay here until it completes. Not what we wanted at all. If only we had some trustworthy family or friends to look after the place for as long as it takes, we would both go, but we don't have that option.

In hindsight, we would have marketed much earlier

You must have some family or friends you can ask. Or a solicitor to do the stuff for you. It's all pretty straight forward.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aarancam
You must have some family or friends you can ask. Or a solicitor to do the stuff for you. It's all pretty straight forward.

Thanks

wish it was straightforward.

our family near us are not speaking to us (totally disagree with our plans for going to Oz - won't go into details but it's their way of handling it).

Trustworthy family live too far away.

Don't want to leave the house empty constantly, we need a presence here regularly as we have a fair bit of land and neighbours want it who are not too particular about the legality of things. Sorry to be abstract, but it would be like reading a boring novel if I explained. Wouldn't be too worried if it was a matter of weeks and we were guaranteed completion.We could arrange something then. But it could be months before our buyers get a buyer who can actually complete their sale Not knowing is the worst thing. Have readvertised and got interest, but same problem. People have their own houses to sell.

Any suggestions much appreciated though.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:48 am
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all

This is what we did. We originally put ours on in April, a buyer in June pulled out a week later then we took it off the market in August and waited to hear something from the DIMA. When our medicals were requested (beginning of Sept) we put it back on with a different EA (dropped the price though) and sold within a day!

It seems to be going smoothly though you never know do you, but we hope to complete on 17th Nov and fly out a week later.

However, it has been VERY stressful not being sure whether our visas would be here or whether we'd have to look for a short term let (which seem non existent). But that was also because we had to book our flights before getting the visa through too (because of the lack of availability and the price rising pre-Xmas).

I would say def sell it now, as you should be able to find a 6 month rent easily if need be. They don't seem to be selling very quickly at all around here (NW England) at the moment.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 6:36 am
redlion

Originally Posted by Spikey
This is what we did. We originally put ours on in April, a buyer in June pulled out a week later then we took it off the market in August and waited to hear something from the DIMA. When our medicals were requested (beginning of Sept) we put it back on with a different EA (dropped the price though) and sold within a day!

It seems to be going smoothly though you never know do you, but we hope to complete on 17th Nov and fly out a week later.

However, it has been VERY stressful not being sure whether our visas would be here or whether we'd have to look for a short term let (which seem non existent). But that was also because we had to book our flights before getting the visa through too (because of the lack of availability and the price rising pre-Xmas).

I would say def sell it now, as you should be able to find a 6 month rent easily if need be. They don't seem to be selling very quickly at all around here (NW England) at the moment.

They seem to be taking about two/three months round here, but thats if you have it priced correctly - heres hoping it sells quick, because I don't like viewings.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:01 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: House on the market

I've sold my house before I apply for my visa! :scared:

Buzzy
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Loz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud of

We're in much the same situation. Visa app acknowledged August. meds booked for 25/10/06 (unrequested). House has been on the market for a month 6 viewings but no offers yet. Don't know whether to drop the asking price or hold out for what we want as we're in no real rush at the moment.
If we do manage to sell soon we're planning to get shippers to pack all the stuff in the container and store over here until we're ready to send it over to Oz.

Good luck, Loz

I've sold my house before I apply for my visa!
Way to go BB!!!! Hope it works out for you.

Loz
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:20 am
redlion

If anyone is interested in having a nosey at it, heres the link, you may need to copy and paste though.

Nev

http://www.remax-properties.co.uk/de...ch=-1&assoc=-1
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:28 am
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all

If anyone is interested in having a nosey at it, heres the link, you may need to copy and paste though.

Nev

http://www.remax-properties.co.uk/de...ch=-1&assoc=-1

My god - that's a lovely house, I love your bathroom! And you're obviously a bit like us - in an area where house prices are lagging behind the rest of the country!

I hope you sell soon - I'm sure you will!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.