Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

House And Contents Insurance With Full Flood Cover

House And Contents Insurance With Full Flood Cover

Old Mar 3rd 2011, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: House And Contents Insurance With Full Flood Cover

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Read the conditions carefully for Onepath insurance...

GIO = Suncorp
Westpac = St George
OnePath is what used to be ING Australia, now fully owned by ANZ, which is why they had to change the name
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justcantwait
I've been told that Westpac are underwritten by Suncorp
I am sure they are not.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 10:14 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

westpac actually sent out a letter to all their customers the other day (me included ) to confirm that their insurance covers flood ... and i dont know if i am insured for a smaller amount than the rest of your but my premium last year (pre floods) was only $600 for the year?!!
Old Mar 4th 2011, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
westpac actually sent out a letter to all their customers the other day (me included ) to confirm that their insurance covers flood ... and i dont know if i am insured for a smaller amount than the rest of your but my premium last year (pre floods) was only $600 for the year?!!
You are in Adelaide.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Question Re: House And Contents Insurance With Full Flood Cover

Does anyone have the full 2011 Choice House and Contents Report they are willing to share???

It rated insurers for who's the best. RACQ declined to take part though.

http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-and...d-compare.aspx

Mines been hiked as well Vim from $1100 to $1500 and only made one claim years ago for a pool motor that burnt out.

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Rightyho, Suncorp have hiked our premium from $1000 a year to $1500 we haven't claimed in the 3 years we have been with them).

We expected a rise given recent events but this is just extracting the Michael so ...

Their main is selling point is the comprehensive flood cover, which we need (backing onto a creek and all).

Recommendations before I do the tedious thing and hit the majors anyone?

Ta muchly.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 5:42 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

An update on this ... after much searching and scrutinising fine print we renewed with Suncorp despite the 50% hike in premium.

The flood cover did it for us and saving maybe a maximum of $150 wasn't worth it for the risk.