Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hotel & Location Assistance Sydney

Hotel & Location Assistance Sydney

Old May 15th 2010, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotel & Location Assistance Sydney

I'm speechless!
Old May 15th 2010, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

billabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to all

What is your accommodation budget?

If you want cheap, then I suggest taking a single room at one of the YHA’s:

http://www.yha.com.au/hostels/nsw/sy...ydney-harbour/

http://www.yha.com.au/hostels/nsw/sy...ydney-central/

The Rocks is a nice area to wander around in and close to trains / buses.

Central Station (where the other YHA is) is NOT a nice area to wander around in. It is full of flipping weird mentally unstable people – plus lots of beggars, drunks, drug addicts, and homeless people. And that is just during the day. Well maybe it is not that bad but I have had some freaky experiences there.

The Wattle Guest House at 44 Hereford Street Glebe is another budget accommodation worth considering. It is clean, safe and well run.

http://www.check-in.com.au/Sydney/Wa..._House_The.htm

But if budget is no issue, there are quite a few nice hotels to stay at in and around the CBD.

Plus this place got a good rating in the Sydney Morning Herald last weekend:

http://www.mantra.com.au/new-south-w...2-bond-street/

There is accommodation near the arena but there is not a lot to do out there after the event. At least in the city you will have things to do and places to eat.

Darling Harbour is another good central location for serviced apartments and hotels around the $110 - $150 mark. Plus within walking distance to two train stations, and buses.
Old May 17th 2010, 5:29 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Ok Carole, deep breaths..............

Michael Buble

Can almost hear sme pissing herself laughing!!!!!!!!!!!

My God NB that is low even by your standards - The Boob
Old May 17th 2010, 9:02 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Buble
Oh dear.. I feel your shame.

When the Winter Olympics were being advertised on the telly, I told the kids they should thank God for Mr Buble, otherwise it would have been Celine Dion on the box all the time.. after the 2398232184793257384th time of 'I just haven't met you yet' I allowed them to once more shout invective at the telly whenever his face appeared.

Eldest likes to dissect the lyrics of that song and is, I feel, secretly impressed that the bloke managed to fit the word 'work' into a line 3 times.

I'm sure you'll have a great time and really, it's no more embarrassing than admitting you went to see Busted. Not that I'm admitting that, of course.
Old May 17th 2010, 10:51 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Carole, deep breaths..............

Michael Buble

Can almost hear sme pissing herself laughing!!!!!!!!!!!

And there was me wondering if I was going to meet you at the Metallica gig...

S
Old May 17th 2010, 11:24 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Oh dear.. I feel your shame.

When the Winter Olympics were being advertised on the telly, I told the kids they should thank God for Mr Buble, otherwise it would have been Celine Dion on the box all the time.. after the 2398232184793257384th time of 'I just haven't met you yet' I allowed them to once more shout invective at the telly whenever his face appeared.

Eldest likes to dissect the lyrics of that song and is, I feel, secretly impressed that the bloke managed to fit the word 'work' into a line 3 times.

I'm sure you'll have a great time and really, it's no more embarrassing than admitting you went to see Busted. Not that I'm admitting that, of course.
I like Celine too and have seen her in concert. As sme says I like all of those artists that live right at the bottom of the barrel!
Old May 17th 2010, 11:25 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
And there was me wondering if I was going to meet you at the Metallica gig...

S
The sad thing is swervo is that I am seeing them here in Perth too. I have a VERY wide musical taste
Old May 18th 2010, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I never cease to be amazed at what people will admit to on a public forum!