Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hotel & Location Assistance Sydney

Hotel & Location Assistance Sydney

Old May 15th 2010, 3:08 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hotel & Location Assistance Sydney

I will be coming to Sydney for a concert at the Acer Arena. Could someone let me know what area I should be looking at for a hotel. Is it feasible to stay in the centre of Sydney and get the train out to the Arena?? Any help from Sydneysiders would be much appreciated
Old May 15th 2010, 3:48 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotel & Location Assistance Sydney

Originally Posted by northernbird
I will be coming to Sydney for a concert at the Acer Arena. Could someone let me know what area I should be looking at for a hotel. Is it feasible to stay in the centre of Sydney and get the train out to the Arena?? Any help from Sydneysiders would be much appreciated

What concert? It's very feasible to do that, in fact it's probably preferable - there's not much out at Olympic park while you're not at the gig.

If it's a big gig, then CityRail usually put on dedicated rail services from Central Station out to Olympic Park. If a not so big gig, then the usual rail services are pretty good anyway, and getting people back into the city afterwards is normally pretty good. We went to see AC/DC a couple of months ago, and it all ran like clockwork.

My advice would be to look for something reasonably close to Central Station, that way you are close to the rail links for the rest of your trip too.

S
Old May 15th 2010, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Extra trains between Sydney Central and Olympic Park are normally put on for events there (your ticket may even include public transport).

As there is nothing else where the arena is I'd suggest you stay in central Sydney to make the most of your time here. Anywhere in the CBD or Darling Harbour would be good. Generally the closer you get to Central the cheaper the hotels are as Central is a big rougher (backpacker & studentville so still safe)
Old May 15th 2010, 3:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
What concert? It's very feasible to do that, in fact it's probably preferable - there's not much out at Olympic park while you're not at the gig.

If it's a big gig, then CityRail usually put on dedicated rail services from Central Station out to Olympic Park. If a not so big gig, then the usual rail services are pretty good anyway, and getting people back into the city afterwards is normally pretty good. We went to see AC/DC a couple of months ago, and it all ran like clockwork.

My advice would be to look for something reasonably close to Central Station, that way you are close to the rail links for the rest of your trip too.

S
It isn't till next year but as I am not familiar with Sydney I just wondered if it was possible. I won't be admitting to the artist as it is incredibly sad and hugely embarrassing!!
Old May 15th 2010, 4:06 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't till next year but as I am not familiar with Sydney I just wondered if it was possible. I won't be admitting to the artist as it is incredibly sad and hugely embarrassing!!

And the list of potential embarassing artists is huge, hey NB
Old May 15th 2010, 4:21 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Have Steps reformed!?
Old May 15th 2010, 4:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by sme
And the list of potential embarassing artists is huge, hey NB
Massive You have access to my FB too so you can find out!!

Originally Posted by bcworld
Have Steps reformed!?
I can only dream BC
Old May 15th 2010, 6:58 am
ABCDiamond

If you wanted to stay closer to the venue..
There are currently 5 main places to stay in the Sydney Olympic Park, offering a total of 787 rooms, from budget to luxury options and everything in between..

Old May 15th 2010, 12:42 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hell yes, stay in the city and take the train to the arena. There's not much else going on out that way.
Old May 15th 2010, 1:00 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Thanks all, looking forward to the Steps concert already
Old May 15th 2010, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

It's not A Ha is it? You meeting Wendy?
Old May 15th 2010, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
Wendy is flying back to the Uk to see Aha!!

NB is only going to Sydney. I think Wendy has saved NB from shame.
Old May 15th 2010, 1:31 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Nope, even more embarrassing than that!!!! Soz Wendles if you are reading this!
Old May 15th 2010, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, even more embarrassing than that!!!! Soz Wendles if you are reading this!
Oh come on! What possibly could be more embarrassing than AHa?!
Brotherhood of Man????
Old May 15th 2010, 1:59 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Oh come on! What possibly could be more embarrassing than AHa?!
Brotherhood of Man????
Ok Carole, deep breaths..............

Michael Buble

Can almost hear sme pissing herself laughing!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.