Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Horror Story - Avoid if scared of spiders

Horror Story - Avoid if scared of spiders

Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Horror Story - Avoid if scared of spiders

Right, I was out on the patio, and my dog spots a spider just sitting there. He jumps a bit (the dog not the spider), when it moves a little. Then he starts going mental. Hes rolling around on the ground biting his paws, trying to biting his tail running back and forth like a mad thing.

So I take him inside, and he is no better, still running around, biting himself, licking his paws, and generally getting on my nerves. So I put him outside again.

Still no better, still going mental. So I go out to the patio, and sure enough, the spider is still sitting where it was, its about half the size of my hand, and fairly plump. So I thought, well, part of the solution is to kill the big bugger. So I stamped on it...

This is where the horror begins:

Hundreds of little spiders came flying out from underneath my foot. They all start running away, or up my leg or towards Jock my dog. He runs off in panic, so I have to run off to the garage and open the car boot so he can jump in, and then I shut it, then I go and get disinfectant and pour it all over where the spider is. AND IT SPRINTS OF, it was never dead, I just gave it the push it needed to produce 100s of little spiders.

AHHHHHHHHHH

And no I'm not on drugs, and not hallucinating. But that has got to be the most scariest thing I've seen since I've been in Oz. Stamp on a spider, get thousands more. Jeez, getting to sleep tonight will be tough, I'm looking forward to the dreams.

The dog's still freaked out. But I've got him inside, at least now I understand what was freaking him out. Mummy spider was producing lots of babies.

JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Feb 4th 2008 at 11:30 am.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

ianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Horror Story - Avoid if scared of spiders

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Right, I was out on the patio, and my dog spots a spider just sitting there. He jumps a bit (the dog not the spider), when it moves a little. Then he starts going mental. Hes rolling around on the ground biting his paws, trying to biting his tail running back and forth like a mad thing.

So I take him inside, and he is no better, still running around, biting himself, licking his paws, and generally getting on my nerves. So I put him outside again.

Still no better, still going mental. So I go out to the patio, and sure enough, the spider is still sitting where it was, its about half the size of my hand, and fairly plump. So I thought, well, part of the solution is to kill the big bugger. So I stamped on it...

This is where the horror begins:

Hundrends of little spiders came flying out from underneath my foot. They all start running away, or up my leg or towards Jock my dog. He runs off in panic, so I have to run off to the garage and open the car boot so he can jump in, and then I shut it, then I go and get disinfectant and pour it all over where the spider is. AND IT SPRINTS OF, it was never dead, I just gave it the push it needed to produce 100s of little spiders.

AHHHHHHHHHH

And no I'm not on drugs, and not hallucinating. But that has got to be the most scariest thing I've seen since I've been in Oz. Stamp on a spider, get thousands more. Jeez, getting to sleep tonight will be tough, I'm looking forward to the dreams.

The dog's still freaked out. But I've got him inside, at least now I understand what was freaking him out. Mummy spider was producing lots of babies.

JTL

think i will have to go on drugs now, after reading that.
i hate spiders, but couldn't help looking at this post.
i wish i hadn't. will log out now, get a tea, and try to forget.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianandmel

think i will have to go on drugs now, after reading that.
i hate spiders, but couldn't help looking at this post.
i wish i hadn't. will log out now, get a tea, and try to forget.

I made the title clear enough!

Sorry if it scared you. But trust me, not half as scared as I was (or my dog Jock, but he's a wuss, and a eunuch)

JTL
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:52 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I made the title clear enough!

Sorry if it scared you. But trust me, not half as scared as I was (or my dog Jock, but he's a wuss, and a eunuch)

JTL
I had a simular encounter with what I thought was a lace spider. It was only about 1.5cm big, it was running across the steps towards me so I trod on it like you do. It instantly spawned about 100 tiny spiders that moved so quickly they fanned out from the splatted mother faster than I could remove my foot.

I didn't realise some spiders actually give their offspring piggy back rides, but when you think about it thats the safest place for them to be (stops mum eating them).

Those big moths seem to be the same, kill one and a thousand tiny parasites run from the dead body! Same with the cockroaches, kill one and it still manages to spawn it's young. Come back wasps all is forgiven!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

Originally Posted by arkon
I had a simular encounter with what I thought was a lace spider. It was only about 1.5cm big, it was running across the steps towards me so I trod on it like you do. It instantly spawned about 100 tiny spiders that moved so quickly they fanned out from the splatted mother faster than I could remove my foot.

I didn't realise some spiders actually give their offspring piggy back rides, but when you think about it thats the safest place for them to be (stops mum eating them).

Those big moths seem to be the same, kill one and a thousand tiny parasites run from the dead body! Same with the cockroaches, kill one and it still manages to spawn it's young. Come back wasps all is forgiven!
Me too saw a big spider with what i thought were big hairy legs, Flicked it into the swimming pool, similar to what you said hundreds of baby spiders now swimming for their lives

Dennis
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dennis The Menace
Me too saw a big spider with what i thought were big hairy legs, Flicked it into the swimming pool, similar to what you said hundreds of baby spiders now swimming for their lives

Dennis
Going for a swim any time soon?

Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

emmakc1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG - I'm scared of all creepy crawlies, but couldn't help reading the post It sounds as if it's quite common! I'll be carrying spider killing spray with me everywhere (please tell me you can buy spider killing spray)!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:41 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

lol get yourself a nice big can of mortein and watch those suckers shrivel up and die

posh
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

emmakc1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope they sell handbag sized cans I can see me having a can on every shelf, in every room, the car and in all my handbags lol
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

That happened to me in Thailand. Was just packing up my backpack when this large spider decided it wanted to crawl in to continue my trip with me . So, I'm afraid I did squash it and same thing - 100s of little ones came running out. Imagine if she had of got into my backpack and then at the next stop I could have opened my backpack to them
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:40 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
That happened to me in Thailand. Was just packing up my backpack when this large spider decided it wanted to crawl in to continue my trip with me . So, I'm afraid I did squash it and same thing - 100s of little ones came running out. Imagine if she had of got into my backpack and then at the next stop I could have opened my backpack to them
Oh FFS why did i read so far into this thread
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

oh, feeling a little queasy now. I do tend to try and catch and release of spray with mortien though.
The first time we came out, i sprayed a huge huntsman not knowing their usefulness, and it took 3/4 hour to die, by the time it did, i felt so guilty!
Cockroaches take hours to die after being sprayed! 7 hours is the longest i seen so far, hmm what is all this saying about me? gonna go now!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:47 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Oh FFS why did i read so far into this thread
Me too.........I`m in f**cking bits now
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:49 pm

Ruby slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

YUK YUK YUK!!!...stuff the ruby slippers ...off to buy BIG fishing waders...wonder if they come in glittery red?....
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Ya all a buncha wooses!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.