Homesickness

Old Oct 5th 2011, 11:52 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesickness

Originally Posted by chris955
No offence but good for you, it is something that affects a huge number of people quite seriously.
i wasnt having a go, i was being honest.
im not sure what homesickness is. i have seen a lot of people really struggle out here. im not sure if its a form of depression though?
Old Oct 5th 2011, 12:12 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
i wasnt having a go, i was being honest.
im not sure what homesickness is. i have seen a lot of people really struggle out here. im not sure if its a form of depression though?
He's on *holiday* for a few days mate......
Old Oct 5th 2011, 5:18 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

blah blah blah

Last edited by Dreamy; Oct 5th 2011 at 5:24 pm. Reason: can't be arsed.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I am not a liar when I say I never really felt homesick for the first year. Sure there were odd little things I missed, like Cadbury's chocolate, and also my friends in the musical societies I belonged to. But real homesickness? No. I didn't want to go back, though in the second year I returned to have my 50th with friends and family. Now, having done 3 years, I am finding that the UK is too far away- mainly because of family being very ill and me not being there to help. I still wouldn't go back permanently, but oh how I wish it was just a short flight and not wildly expensive.
My OH is often away or working long hours, and I am unable to get out in the evenings as I have MS and am in bed by 8:30, so often I sit at home on the computer, while DD is at school, and don't talk to anyone all day.

If you can, get out and make friends.
This is such a generalisation, I have NEVER felt homesick either, nor has my partner. The only thing I have ever missed is the people!
It will take you a while to get used to things being different here, I would say about a year.
I did not go back until I had lived here almost 7years, I never felt the need to and I didn't really even want to go then.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tinaj
This is such a generalisation, I have NEVER felt homesick either, nor has my partner. The only thing I have ever missed is the people!
It will take you a while to get used to things being different here, I would say about a year.
I did not go back until I had lived here almost 7years, I never felt the need to and I didn't really even want to go then.

I can't watch " Love Actually", at Christmas, that whole Christmas vibe in that film is something that although now I don't even think about, just seeing London with the lights makes me wish I could just run back home, sit with friends in a lovely pub, drinking Baileys listening to Christmas carols and getting stuck into some Christmas shopping in Debenhams.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose that "Homesickness" is one of those broad spectrum diseases like autism...

Crying whilst watching Jimmy's Farm last night.... isnt quite the same as requiring medication and a one way ticket back to the uk.... but its the same illness.