Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Home Loan During Probation

Home Loan During Probation

Old Aug 23rd 2016, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light
Question Home Loan During Probation

Hi,

Hope some BE member can provide me an advise/guidance on this.

We are currently planning to buy a house(1st home) in Sydney. We have only 5% deposit, hence need to take a mortgage insurance. I got the pre approval from my bank, Westpac and all were good. But now i got a good job offer which i accepted. This change in job, is in same field, different company. Now Westpac told me that i have to wait 6 months till my probation complete to get a home loan.

I would like to know if any of BE members have similar experience, so they can advice me if i have any other option rather than wait 6 months to get a home loan.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 10:07 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home Loan During Probation

Originally Posted by muditha
Hi,

We are currently planning to buy a house(1st home) in Sydney. We have only 5% deposit, hence need to take a mortgage insurance. I got the pre approval from my bank, Westpac and all were good. But now i got a good job offer which i accepted. This change in job, is in same field, different company. Now Westpac told me that i have to wait 6 months till my probation complete to get a home loan.

I would like to know if any of BE members have similar experience, so they can advice me if i have any other option rather than wait 6 months to get a home loan.

Thanks in advance.
Don't bother with Wespac. Get yourself a mortgage broker who will find you a better rate and probably better terms than going to your own bank.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muditha
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
I agree with Dot. Get a broker who can find a mortgage to suit your circumstances.

Even the guys like Aussie are a good starting point, wander in off the street, sit down, have a chat.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light

thanks.