Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

holiday visa question

Wikiposts

holiday visa question

Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:24 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Smile holiday visa question

i booked up my flights tonight for a rekky in January and i ask the travel agent to book our visa's.he couldn't as it kept coming back refer to Australian immigration.
our application went in at the start of October and we have no confirmation yet that they have received it,would this mean that my file has been registered?hope so and its started to make its way through the pile..

asst
Old Nov 7th 2006, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: holiday visa question

Originally Posted by aston man
i booked up my flights tonight for a rekky in January and i ask the travel agent to book our visa's.he couldn't as it kept coming back refer to Australian immigration.
our application went in at the start of October and we have no confirmation yet that they have received it,would this mean that my file has been registered?hope so and its started to make its way through the pile..

asst
asst...you need to ring australia house for them to sort it out. We had the same problem with my husbands eta. It took quite a few phone calls for them to confirm that my husband was who he said he was. This happened again when we got to the airport with the eta itself, we were pulled to one side whilst the check in desk confirmed he was who he said he was. Basically, there is someone who has the same name who isnt of good character and it was 'those who keep an eye on us' making sure that the right person was going on the holiday. lol.

seriously, they are great and it took 2full days to sort out. They rung us back in the end to say go ahead with eta now. Hope this has helped.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:14 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aston man

asst
Not sure if I can help but.... you dont say how long the visa is for. If you are on a short holiday. 1-90 days - we have used Austravel and they have always sorted the visa, cost 0-37GBP depending on your haggle. All travel agents we have spoken to with in the past do this.

If you holiday is longer -6 -9 or 12 months these visa's - so I have been told - are different and require you to apply. A 12 months visa may need a medical check but even so takes about 6 - 8 weeks from application to grant.

All this info gleaned during our questions to travel and visa agents.

Your travel agent should be able to explain the suituation and give reasons which you dont indicate has been done..suggest you call them back and ask why they cannot sort your visa and / or what needs to be done...and quick
Old Nov 9th 2006, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
Not sure if I can help but.... you dont say how long the visa is for. If you are on a short holiday. 1-90 days - we have used Austravel and they have always sorted the visa, cost 0-37GBP depending on your haggle. All travel agents we have spoken to with in the past do this.

If you holiday is longer -6 -9 or 12 months these visa's - so I have been told - are different and require you to apply. A 12 months visa may need a medical check but even so takes about 6 - 8 weeks from application to grant.

Your travel agent should be able to explain the suituation and give reasons which you dont indicate has been done..suggest you call them back and ask why they cannot sort your visa and / or what needs to be done...and quick
Any travel agent he had gone too would have had the same problem. Its not the travel agent, but the eta itself. Have a look at a similarly named thread this discussion was continued on:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...9&goto=newpost
Old Nov 9th 2006, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh

Any travel agent he had gone too would have had the same problem. Its not the travel agent, but the eta itself. Have a look at a similarly named thread this discussion was continued on:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=406909&pp=15