Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Holiday at surfers Paradise - Advice

Wikiposts

Holiday at surfers Paradise - Advice

Old Apr 19th 2009, 12:05 am
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all
Default Holiday at surfers Paradise - Advice

Well I've finally booked for our holiday to Aus, flying into Sydney in January.

As we will be there for a month, we would like to take the grandkids (14 and 11) to Surfers for a week. We have the opportunity of staying at my cousins apartment FOC, and will drive up to enable us to visit rellos on the way back at Port Maquarie.

Whilst at Surfers, can anyone advise which theme park would be best suited to take the kids for a day out. Wet & Wild, Seaworld etc. And any other opportunities for a good day out whilst we are up there - your advice would be appreciated.

Blossom
Old Apr 19th 2009, 12:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday at surfers Paradise - Advice

Originally Posted by Blossom
Well I've finally booked for our holiday to Aus, flying into Sydney in January.

As we will be there for a month, we would like to take the grandkids (14 and 11) to Surfers for a week. We have the opportunity of staying at my cousins apartment FOC, and will drive up to enable us to visit rellos on the way back at Port Maquarie.

Whilst at Surfers, can anyone advise which theme park would be best suited to take the kids for a day out. Wet & Wild, Seaworld etc. And any other opportunities for a good day out whilst we are up there - your advice would be appreciated.

Blossom
Wet n' Wild - they're the perfect age for it. I personally think Seaworld is better for young ones but if your grandkids don't have anything similar where they live then they'll enjoy it. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is great - chance of cuddling koalas and feeding birds etc and the beaches at the bottom are much nicer than Surfers. Depends on what they like but a trip up Mount Tambourine is stunning, any of the hinterland is worth seeing but there is a new treetops walkway up MT now which is pretty good apparently.

Whilst you're in Surfers I suggest going to Infinity. It's brilliant but can't tell you what it's about as it would spoil it. You have to go in blind so to speak to get the benefit but the kids and you would love it.

Stacks and stacks to do and see, but I'll let other people come up with their favs.

Have a great holiday and do try and get around, GC is NOT Surfers
Old Apr 19th 2009, 12:20 am
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

Thanks Moneypen for your quick response and have noted all your suggestions.

I haven't been to Surfers in over 18 years - but had a great time on each visit! I doubt that it has changed much other than more attractions and more high rise - would also love to do a day cruise of some kind, if anyone has an experience of these.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 12:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blossom
Thanks Moneypen for your quick response and have noted all your suggestions.

I haven't been to Surfers in over 18 years - but had a great time on each visit! I doubt that it has changed much other than more attractions and more high rise - would also love to do a day cruise of some kind, if anyone has an experience of these.
Tall Ships do dinner cruises and just cruises up the Broadwater. Check out their website. I've only done a Whale cruise but it's the wrong time of year for that so no help. Go up the top of Q1 - stunning views and there's a coffee shop cafe place up there - on a good day you can see from Brissie to Byron (apparently).
Old Apr 19th 2009, 4:34 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

masses of information here

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/outdoors...tractions.html