Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Holden to pull out of Australia

Holden to pull out of Australia

Old Dec 11th 2013, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Holden to pull out of Australia

i'm sure abbott already knew this days ago...
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:07 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by berserk
i'm sure abbott already knew this days ago...
Exactly
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Something as big as this - the Prime Minister should be supporting his people not his 2IC

Teflon Abbott
http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/h...211-2z5mp.html
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:40 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont see what difference it would make if Abbott was there or not, it was inevitable and having that grinning fool on the TV telling people how dreadful it is wouldnt change anything.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

the decision was made in Detroit, not Canberra.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:48 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by berserk
the decision was made in Detroit, not Canberra.
Well yes exactly.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hino
But wasn't it you who changed the 'subject' to Australian submarines and their lack of capability compared with the UK types... ???

Wazza matter "Nelson" too much information for you ?

I call you "Nelson" because you remind me of the great man... an 'armless little one eyed Pom
Perhaps Holdens will become submarines and go under?
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:56 am
Banned

Originally Posted by aries
Perhaps Holdens will become submarines and go under?
Depends if they are any good at holden water.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Depends if they are any good at holden water.
I've known them to better a ford . . .
Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:18 am
Banned

Its no good, I just cant get toyota into a sentence
Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Its no good, I just cant get toyota into a sentence
Well it would seem that Holdens has a death sentence.

Can you believe that I had my last Holden for 32 years? It was finally bought by an RAA mechanic's son who treasured classics.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:27 am
Banned

Well it would seem that Holdens has a death sentence.

Can you believe that I had my last Holden for 32 years? It was finally bought by an RAA mechanic's son who treasured classics.
I have only ever owned 1 Holden but it was actually a rebadged Mazda.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

I have only ever owned 1 Holden but it was actually a rebadged Mazda.
I hadn't wanted to buy another Holden, but I tried other makes and the Holden felt better. I must have made the right decision to keep it so long.

I'm also a believer that big cars are better for travelling across Australia. I made many journeys between Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Hobart, once carrying a twin-tub washing machine on the roof rack to Melbourne, and lounge chairs on the back seat. Try that with a Dinky Toy!
Old Dec 11th 2013, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I hadn't wanted to buy another Holden, but I tried other makes and the Holden felt better. I must have made the right decision to keep it so long.

I'm also a believer that big cars are better for travelling across Australia. I made many journeys between Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Hobart, once carrying a twin-tub washing machine on the roof rack to Melbourne, and lounge chairs on the back seat. Try that with a Dinky Toy!
Agree, but times change and it's far far cheaper to cross Australia by Plane now and even hire a car at the destination, even with 4 people travelling.... especially on a short trip.

Aus Holden and Ford biggest crime was not to move with the times. To apportion blame on high wages is disingenuous and takes some of the responsibility from the main culprits in this.... The Research and Development people for not being in front of the crowd with local solar and or hybrid cars.

My EA Ford Falcon SW has been the most useful car I've owned, if not the best.... Had that for more than 12 years.

I think therein lies some of the problem, these cars if looked after last for bloody years and years.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 11:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It's sad to see Holden close but it's a myth to see them as an Australian car maker, let alone an icon

Holden was bought by GM in the '30s - long before a car had ever been produced by them. Holden built its first car in 1948 - based on a design that had been rejected by GM for the US market. So a foreign designed car built by a US company in Australia

It's not an Australian car manufacturer, and never has been

The thing I find strange is that the Commodore is seen by the Aussie public as an Australian car, yet the Toyota Camry is seen as Japanese

Bizarre

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.