Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hilarious yet shocking UK TV show.

Hilarious yet shocking UK TV show.

Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hilarious yet shocking UK TV show.

Anyone seen distraction yet ?

It seems to be modelled on the Japanese shows where they humilate and hurt the contestants.

Whacked on UKTV late on Saturday, just after Little Britain, when a show I'd never heard of came on. The stunts included from electricuting the contestants every time they answered the question correctly. To straight out abuse. There was some funny yet cringing moments when the contestants had to carry over 60's naked in a wheelbarrow, hopscotch, and piggy back race.

I did balk slightly at the way the main winner, once given the car, a Mini Cooper, had to smash it every time she got one of the final five questions wrong.

Once this gets out amongst the Aussie populace, they are going to feel slightly superior to the poms !!!

I'd be amazed if Aussie got a version of it.

Anyone see it, and any thoughts on this boundary stretching program ?
Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:45 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hilarious yet shocking UK TV show.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

It seems to be modelled on the Japanese shows where they humilate and hurt the contestants.

Whacked on UKTV late on Saturday, just after Little Britain, when a show I'd never heard of came on. The stunts included from electricuting the contestants every time they answered the question correctly. To straight out abuse. There was some funny yet cringing moments when the contestants had to carry over 60's naked in a wheelbarrow, hopscotch, and piggy back race.

I did balk slightly at the way the main winner, once given the car, a Mini Cooper, had to smash it every time she got one of the final five questions wrong.

Once this gets out amongst the Aussie populace, they are going to feel slightly superior to the poms !!!

Ah, you could never beat Endurance!

D D
Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:51 am
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

I watched it when it was on, a few years ago IIRC though.

Yes, It's crazy. I watched it because I was trying to decide if I thought Jimmy Carr was funny or not, and I did decide he was in that show.
I mean, all he did really was take the P**s out of the contestants for the whole half hour, and quite rightly so really if they were stupid enough to put themselves forward to be electrocuted, spiked and forced to brush up against naked old people in the name of winning a possible bashed up car or smashed stereo system!?!?!

The worst I saw was a guy in the final round had to answers his questions correctly fast enough to save his burning money from a series of toasters that were all plunged at different times! I was on the edge of my seat thinking about how his money was going up in smoke!

I had guess some sort of morbid fascination to the show, wondering how people can be that desperate. Thankfully I couldn't imagine any of my friends ever wanting to be a contestant on it, and if they did they deserve all the ridicule they get...
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:49 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lel_smiff
I watched it when it was on, a few years ago IIRC though.

Yes, It's crazy. I watched it because I was trying to decide if I thought Jimmy Carr was funny or not, and I did decide he was in that show.
I mean, all he did really was take the P**s out of the contestants for the whole half hour, and quite rightly so really if they were stupid enough to put themselves forward to be electrocuted, spiked and forced to brush up against naked old people in the name of winning a possible bashed up car or smashed stereo system!?!?!

The worst I saw was a guy in the final round had to answers his questions correctly fast enough to save his burning money from a series of toasters that were all plunged at different times! I was on the edge of my seat thinking about how his money was going up in smoke!

I had guess some sort of morbid fascination to the show, wondering how people can be that desperate. Thankfully I couldn't imagine any of my friends ever wanting to be a contestant on it, and if they did they deserve all the ridicule they get...
Takeshi's Castle - On Challenge (Sky - over yer in dear ol' Blighty) Funny as F%$k !!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:12 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
Takeshi's Castle - On Challenge (Sky - over yer in dear ol' Blighty) Funny as F%$k !!
seen that

lmao

good comedy fun

totally recomend it

jan xx
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant show.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:25 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Even better is MXC (Most Extreme Elimination Challenge) - Takeshi's Castle but with two American guys doing the commentary, worth a watch just to hear them!!!! They are an absolute hoot! Used to be on Challenge too but not sure if it's aired right now.

D D
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:29 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

you will have to let us know if it comes back on

jan xx
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:48 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

Originally Posted by robos
you will have to let us know if it comes back on

jan xx
Will do Jan!

D D x
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:58 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Used to watch it religiously after happening upon it by accident one night. Naked wheel barrow racing was great...Lambs bollocks in mouth was disgusting....and having the cars smashed up was just hillarious to see the look on their face.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:13 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Shame I haven't seen this but talking of boundary stretching programmes we had 5 nights of a programme called Death Wish Live last week.

As title suggests it was a live show with people (experts I hasten to add)trying to dodge death. Sick or what. I had to walk out of the room with one of them and it was the only stunt that went wrong. Some bloke who was an escapologist was hung - proper hangman, gallows the bloody lot. Ony he didn't escape and had to be cut down and sustained a horrendous throat burn. That was on Wednesday. On Friday the same bloke decided to do Buried Alive. He was tied up, put in a plastic bag which was vaccum packed around him, put in a coffin. put 6 ft underground and then had 5 tonnes of concrete poured on top of him. And he got out :scared: I probably only saw about 2 minutes of it from behind my cushion.

Another nutter turned himself into a human firework and there weren't even prizes. They did it for the fun of it. Some fun

Anyone else see it?
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone seen Dirty Sanchez on MTV :scared: :scared:
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hilary6
Has anyone seen Dirty Sanchez on MTV :scared: :scared:

No

Why is he dirty - does he need a bath or is he a lech

Last edited by suzy; Feb 6th 2006 at 10:52 am. Reason: Typo
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzy
No

Why is he dirty - does he need a bath or is he a lech
Have a look for yourself, theyre a bunch of sicko's :scared: :scared:
http://www.funny-videos.co.uk/videodirtysanchesII.html
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hilary6
Have a look for yourself, theyre a bunch of sicko's :scared: :scared:
http://www.funny-videos.co.uk/videodirtysanchesII.html

Nice family entertainment then

Only saw a few: Postman Pat, Big Brother and Borat

WTF was that audience made up of watching Borat - every freak in a cowboy hat I should think :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.