Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are High House Prices Killing the Australian Economy

Are High House Prices Killing the Australian Economy

Old Dec 13th 2013, 5:07 am
Love Machine

lumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Are High House Prices Killing the Australian Economy

With people having to a fortune to purchase or rent is this having a detrimental effect on the economy.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 5:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are High House Prices Killing the UK Economy

Originally Posted by lumpommer
With people having to a fortune to purchase or rent is this having a detrimental effect on the economy.
With people having to a fortune to purchase or rent is this having a detrimental effect on the UK economy.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 5:45 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are High House Prices Killing the Australian Economy

It's Christmas time - there's no need to be afraid
Cos Lumpommer's here, banging on 'bout economy
In his threads aplenty, they all have a common theme
Someone ban his arse again, it's Christmas time.

(okay, not my finest work but I haven't had any wine yet, my lubricant of creativity)
Old Dec 13th 2013, 5:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy

(okay, not my finest work but I haven't had any wine yet, my lubricant of creativity)
I thought it was pretty good
Old Dec 13th 2013, 6:46 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dreamy

Old Dec 14th 2013, 12:01 pm
Love Machine

lumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry folks let me rephrase that

Are high house prices killing the Australian economy with people having to PAY a fortune to purchase or rent is this having a detrimental effect on the economy.

Im only trying to encourage a sensible debate.

Some of you don't like it when Ol lumpy tells the truth

Last edited by lumpommer; Dec 14th 2013 at 12:03 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 12:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Are high house prices killing the Australian economy with people having to PAY a fortune to purchase or rent is this having a detrimental effect on the economy.

I think you'll find that what people don't like is when Ol lumpy bangs the same fricking drum several times a year, offers nothing else and for the most part, once he's posted his initial words of 'wisdom' pisses off never to be seen again until the next thread a few months later.

Could be wrong.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

...only when the high prices come crashing down...
Old Dec 14th 2013, 11:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Simple answer. No. If the economy cannot afford it, prices will come down.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Simple answer. No. If the economy cannot afford it, prices will come down.
When are our celebrities going to realise that it's not their politics but their personalities? Happy to discuss prices:

forgetting the celebrity status for the minute, I don't like house price bubbles that force families into wage slaves...
Old Dec 15th 2013, 12:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Default Re: Are High House Prices Killing the UK Economy

Are high house prices killing the UK economy with people having to PAY a fortune to purchase or rent is this having a detrimental effect on the economy.

Some of you don't like it when Ol Ama tells the truth

Old Dec 15th 2013, 12:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

Are high house prices killing the UK economy with people having to PAY a fortune to purchase or rent is this having a detrimental effect on the economy.

A question from the gallery.

Do high house prices help reduce peoples disposable income therefore helping to focus people on basic survival and allowing them less time to think about the bigger issues like then universe? Are they not a great form of social control?
Old Dec 15th 2013, 12:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

come on Zulu, it doesn't help to turn this into a country vs country debate...pommers not the biggest culprit..save the juice for the bigger troublemakers..
Old Dec 15th 2013, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by eddie007
A question from the gallery.

Do high house prices help reduce peoples disposable income therefore helping to focus people on basic survival and allowing them less time to think about the bigger issues like then universe? Are they not a great form of social control?
I was having a debate with my wife that in third world countries that some people are happier, more polite and have a sense of purpose.

I'm not talking about sub-saharan Africa but industrial countries outside Eurasia.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I was having a debate with my wife that in third world countries that some people are happier, more polite and have a sense of purpose.

I'm not talking about sub-saharan Africa but industrial countries outside Eurasia.
What, you mean like the UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.