Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hi I'm back from Adelaide!

Wikiposts

Hi I'm back from Adelaide!

Old Jun 6th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hi I'm back from Adelaide!

Hi All,
We arrived back in London last Monday,having spent 2 weeks in SA.For those of you who don't know my story I have lived in Oz previously for 30 years all up,have aussie kids ect so no newbie here!Anyway we flew Cathay Pacific,who I must say were fantastic!Really really excellent range of music to listen to,spoilt for choice there!Tv wise,did'nt watch hardly any but OH was kept busy and no complaints from his side either.Rather than bore you all to death on what we did each day whilst there (OH really only went to validate his visa)We spent most of the time in the countryside,I personally dislike suburbia,just does'nt do anything for us,but we were based at my Mum's for the first week,and second week was spent with my twin sister.We were lucky to have use of a car (a must in Oz)so travelled around alot.Here's some points I found,which surprised me,due to reading other people's posts on here,I kept reading them and thinking Oz could'nt of changed THAT much and I was pretty much right I think.We had a good look around the supermarkets and found food quite cheap,same kind of prices as in the UK,although some things like coffee seemed quite expensive.No you don't have the range but I knew that anyway from living in oz previously.Did'nt encounter any reckless rude drivers either,and we drove around an awful lot!Roads were definately better,hardly hit any potholes and lack of traffic was a blessing!We personally found everyone really polite and friendly,and that was from a broad range of people from all area's of SA.Work wise,unless you're skilled,seemed to be a fair amount of work to go for,no we did'nt do agencies either,just notices up in places looking for staff and also friends and family we spoke to all told us there is work if you are not fussy what you do and are enthusiastic!Pubs in suburbia are as I remembered them,fairly boring and did'nt do alot for us I'm afraid!We ate out alot and had some fab meals,reasonably priced too,we ate in alot of country pubs,counter meals in the front bar (love those front bars,full of interesting characters!!!)were really nice,$12 average price and they were huge!!!!!And very delish!Anyway in all a fantastic trip,even more brilliant that I spent alot of time with my son who I had adopted out at birth,we got on famously and he is on his way over here soon,loved every minute of the time we spent together and can't wait to see him again.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 10:16 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi I'm back from Adelaide!

Good to hear you enjoyed it although holidaying and living in Aus are two different things as you know

Also lovely to hear you met your son who you'd had adopted. Hopefully that put closure to some things and opened up your heart to other lovely times ahead going forward

Bet you can't wait to get back now then? Sounds like Aus was "just up your street".

Good onya and "welcome home"
Old Jun 6th 2009, 10:21 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back!

I was wondering a few days ago how you got on. 'Glad to hear that everything went very well for you

All the best!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

famousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nice

great to hear positive happy thoughts
thanks! lou x