Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hey, Hey it's Saturday?

Wikiposts

Hey, Hey it's Saturday?

Old Apr 10th 2010, 9:53 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey, Hey it's Saturday?

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Yes I'm well aware of "Who's line is it anyway", I grew up watching it. But they weren't always British on it, Gregg Proops (canadian) was one of my favourites, and Ryan Styles (american, appeared in the Hot Shot movies).

I'd still love to believe they were unscripted or at least unplanned, but having heard Frankie Boyles test run shows of his supposedly spontaneous quips on 'Mock the Week' I've a feeling we've been getting duped for all these years. They get 2 days warning of what they have to joke about.

JTL

Oh and yes, Hamish Blake is the exception to the rule, he is very spontaneously funny
Yes, my favourite used to be Ryan Stiles too. His comedy acting is brilliant and one of the reasons why I watch 2 And A Half Men
Old Apr 10th 2010, 10:07 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Ryan Styles (american, appeared in the Hot Shot movies).
You're not wrong that he's American but btw he is also Canadian: born in Seattle, grew up and started working in Canada, but then moved back to the US. He's 6"6'!
Old Apr 10th 2010, 10:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Yes, my favourite used to be Ryan Stiles too. His comedy acting is brilliant and one of the reasons why I watch 2 And A Half Men
I've always avoided that programme assuming it was the usual American rubbish with canned laughter but the husband was watching it the other month and weirdly I've got in to is, quite clever script for an American sit com.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I've always avoided that programme assuming it was the usual American rubbish with canned laughter but the husband was watching it the other month and weirdly I've got in to is, quite clever script for an American sit com.
The best American sitcoms are the most tightly formed scripts in the world. The have meetings over one sentence of each script. They have 40 joke writers trying to improve each line.

In the UK they rely on 2 writers to produce the script and hope the jokes are good.

In Australia they just make it up as they go along.

JTL
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:47 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I'm well aware of "Who's line is it anyway", I grew up watching it. But they weren't always British on it, Gregg Proops (canadian) was one of my favourites, and Ryan Styles (american, appeared in the Hot Shot movies).
Greg Proops is not Canadian. He was born in Phoenix Arizona and raised in Northern California. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Proops Colin Mochrie is Canadian though having emigrated to Montreal from Scotland when he was 6. He lives in Toronto (friends of ours were his neighbours a few years ago) and Ryan Stiles' is both American and Canadian.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 12:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Greg Proops is not Canadian. He was born in Phoenix Arizona and raised in Northern California. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Proops Colin Mochrie is Canadian though having emigrated to Montreal from Scotland when he was 6. He lives in Toronto (friends of ours were his neighbours a few years ago) and Ryan Stiles' is both American and Canadian.
Well he calls himself Canadian . jeez this could turn in to a really boring argument,

So lets leave it there.

JTL
Old Apr 11th 2010, 12:14 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Well he calls himself Canadian . jeez this could turn in to a really boring argument,

So lets leave it there.

JTL
Greg Proops does? I've only ever heard Colin Mochrie call himself Canadian. Oh well, it doesn't make any difference really I guess.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 12:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So lets leave it there.

JTL
Probably gets less worldwide abuse that way
Old Apr 11th 2010, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

So lets leave it there.

JTL
Sean Connery is German. He had a sandwich at Frankfurt Airport in 1972.