Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

HELP this waiting thing is making me fat!!!!

HELP this waiting thing is making me fat!!!!

Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:04 pm
Where's my visa?

cascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant future
Default Re: HELP this waiting thing is making me fat!!!!

WHATS HAPPENED TO THE DIETS LADIES, HOPE WE HAVEN'T FALLEN OF THE WAGON
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:05 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cascrew
WHATS HAPPENED TO THE DIETS LADIES, HOPE WE HAVEN'T FALLEN OF THE WAGON
yep and we are eating the wheels!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:45 pm
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
yep and we are eating the wheels!
Ergh...............hate wagon wheels!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Fell off and got back on again...

Not much point really as meds in 2 weeks. Can only physically lose 4-5 lbs in that time which aint going to help much......
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone being successful?

I know I am not & was contemplating that my uniform felt a bit tighter today

Oh well! Anyone for a glass of wine & a packet of crisps?
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:15 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
OK, so will somebody tell me what to have for lunch. i am right out of ideas for a lo cal, lo fat but FILLING lunch. I am sick of being so hungry that I feel like passing out at 4pm. (Had to sit down with my head between my knees this afternoon.)

I had been doing lots of physical activity - but this shouldn't happen right?

I normally have a sandwich but have been having something like a salad and a ryvita instead.

So ideas for lunches with no more than 200 cals - no meat - but I do eat fish....

(I'm having 200 cals for bfast, 200 for lunch and 600 - 800 for dinner.)
Eat more often and space calorific energy throughout the day. If you plan 6 meals, Breakfast, midmorning, lunch, midafternoon, dinner & evening snack you will keep your metabolism moving and stave off hunger. 1000 calories per day for any body weight will simply lead to muscle degeneration and water loss which will go back on.

Eating more protein and laying off the carbs a bit helps since protein is harder to digest and keeps you feeling fuller for longer. Consider protein shakes or bars (watch out for high calorie count sugary ones though) for snacks which means that you can have some "chocolate" (not really) in your day to boost protein and calories.

Aiming for 300 calories per meal will give you 1800 calories max.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Eat more often and space calorific energy throughout the day. If you plan 6 meals, Breakfast, midmorning, lunch, midafternoon, dinner & evening snack you will keep your metabolism moving and stave off hunger. 1000 calories per day for any body weight will simply lead to muscle degeneration and water loss which will go back on.

Eating more protein and laying off the carbs a bit helps since protein is harder to digest and keeps you feeling fuller for longer. Consider protein shakes or bars (watch out for high calorie count sugary ones though) for snacks which means that you can have some "chocolate" (not really) in your day to boost protein and calories.

Aiming for 300 calories per meal will give you 1800 calories max.

Thanks Centurian - I will give that a go. I hate being hungry all the time, so the lots of small meals might work for me. Don't think I eat 1800 calories when I'm not dieting...though. I'll give it a go.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks Centurian - I will give that a go. I hate being hungry all the time, so the lots of small meals might work for me. Don't think I eat 1800 calories when I'm not dieting...though. I'll give it a go.
Want to try and get healthier before we go which means cutting down on my drinking...

...tea that is

It has just crept up on me and know that it is a vicious circle...last week cause I wasn't sleeping well, I was drinking more of it. That means more not so great snacks.

In my defence, there is a bar of Green and Blacks 70% (oooooooh YUM ) in the cupboard and lots left. That would be because of the obscene amount of homebaking I did at the weekend.

Tomorrow for brekkie I will, WILL have porridge. Ooooooh, another yummy one.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

WE GOT IT!!!!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Now i have to diet!!!!
Ban all easter eggs its the only way
Lost 8lbs and put on 2lbs over easter and i didnt have any eggs, just nicked everyone elses!
Hows it all going for the rest of you?
Claire.x
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:31 pm
Where's my visa?

cascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant future

We got ours too, have lost 1 1/2 stone since xmas but just got back from Tenerife and may have celebrated the visa a little too much, so may skip chub club on Thursday> Congrats on the visa, feels good don't it
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gazclaire
WE GOT IT!!!!
Originally Posted by cascrew
We got ours too, have lost 1 1/2 stone since xmas but just got back from Tenerife and may have celebrated the visa a little too much, so may skip chub club on Thursday> Congrats on the visa, feels good don't it
CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU ON THE VISAS & WEIGHT LOSS!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:49 am
Where's my visa?

Well done you on the visa, it's time for the bikini plan diet
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU ON THE VISAS & WEIGHT LOSS!
From me too.

Not been on here as I have slipped off my diet and too ashamed to show my face, (and bum!)

Very proud of you both.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:57 pm
Where's my visa?

EX
Weight loss. 1/2 stone on in a week, whats that about

Actually it's about wine, but Shhhhhh. don't tell the OH, i told him it was a tea total week for virgins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.