Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Help me set up surround system anyone PLEEEEASE!!!

Wikiposts

Help me set up surround system anyone PLEEEEASE!!!

Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help me set up surround system anyone PLEEEEASE!!!

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Ok Easy
Yellow carries video signal, red and white sound.
So I'd connect up like this.

Foxtel, leave the yellow connected from Foxtel to TV, this will send the video side of things. But take the red and white from Foxtel and plug these into the red and white on the back of the DVD. This will send the Foxtel sounds ot the DVD/srround sound thing.

For DVD video just connect yellow from the DVD to the TV. You dont need the red and white and these carry sound and there is no reason to send sound fro the suround sound DVD to the TV

That should be it
it doesnt work Evan. We have pic but no sound at all Not sure what to do next
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:27 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
it doesnt work Evan. We have pic but no sound at all Not sure what to do next
When you say you have you pic is that on DVD or Foxtel? I assume you mean Foxtel?
On your DVD/surround sound thingy have you selected AUX for the input when you are watching Foxtel?
I'll PM you my number
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:35 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

I'll PM you my number
Do post the outcome........... I'm certain you fixed your's and her problem out
Old Mar 28th 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

When you say you have you pic is that on DVD or Foxtel? I assume you mean Foxtel?
On your DVD/surround sound thingy have you selected AUX for the input when you are watching Foxtel?
I'll PM you my number
cheers Evan - switched the thing on the dvd thing to Aux and hey presto it works!! looking forward to grand prix this afternoon.

seems the guy that posted after your last one is more of a grand prick fan
Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

daunted;

i also have a samsung lcd, on the back of the sound surround Amp look for an optical connection it actually says Optical, you take one optic lead from the Amp direct to the TV thats the sound. Then all you need from the Amp is the Video out (Yellow) lead to the yellow connection on the TV.

Then the cables from Foxtel box to the Amp you may have HDMI if so its just one cable if not then use the cables supplied match colour for colour.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
daunted;

i also have a samsung lcd, on the back of the sound surround Amp look for an optical connection it actually says Optical, you take one optic lead from the Amp direct to the TV thats the sound. Then all you need from the Amp is the Video out (Yellow) lead to the yellow connection on the TV.

Then the cables from Foxtel box to the Amp you may have HDMI if so its just one cable if not then use the cables supplied match colour for colour.
Cheers I currently have formula one cars whizzin around my front room
Old Mar 29th 2009, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 29th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

That's not a nice comment to make about people.????????

Old Mar 29th 2009, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

That's not a nice comment to make about people.????????

it was amusing, and if people cant take it they shouldnt dish it out in the first place
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

bridie;

i winder what somebody has said then.??
Old Mar 29th 2009, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Do post the outcome........... I'm certain you fixed your's and her problem out
Old Mar 29th 2009, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

what a strange thing for some body to say.?????? poeple have no considerion for others i wonder if the person was maybe joking or just being stupid.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 9:15 pm
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

what a strange thing for some body to say.?????? poeple have no considerion for others i wonder if the person was maybe joking or just being stupid.
How silly are you ? This thread is full of come ons, if you fail to see that I truly fear for your teenage children since you lack social clues.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
How silly are you ? This thread is full of come ons, if you fail to see that I truly fear for your teenage children since you lack social clues.

its ok i reckon he stalking me cos he keeps popping up on all my posts!! Sad and lonely person who got nothing better than to speculate and wind people up Its ok - keep em coming Luke - realise you got nothing of value to contribute
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 10:49 pm
Banned

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ilies/rofl.gif its ok i reckon he stalking me cos he keeps popping up on all my posts!! Sad and lonely person who got nothing better than to speculate and wind people up http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ilies/rofl.gif Its ok - keep em coming Luke - realise you got nothing of value to contribute http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ies/tongue.gif
Slapper comes to mind when I think I have nothing to contribute, though I'm really not in this to seduce anyone at all.... Are you ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.