Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hellooooooooooooooo.......!?

Hellooooooooooooooo.......!?

Old Jun 28th 2018, 8:49 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hellooooooooooooooo.......!?

Originally Posted by paulry
Hi there B! How's life in Liverpool treating you? Are you talking like a scouser yet?
Not talking like them yet, but can understand them now, even the young ones who talk 19 to the dozen

I've loved living over here but scouse-boy didn't settle - so we're going back to Oz. In 4 weeks!
Old Jun 28th 2018, 10:22 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Not talking like them yet, but can understand them now, even the young ones who talk 19 to the dozen

I've loved living over here but scouse-boy didn't settle - so we're going back to Oz. In 4 weeks!
That's unexpected, I thought you'd both settled in well. Sorry it didn't work out for you over there but you gave yourselves a fair go of it - about 2 years wasn't it? Congratulations to you both ....Shiny new members of the Ping Pong club!
Old Jun 28th 2018, 10:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

That's unexpected, I thought you'd both settled in well. Sorry it didn't work out for you over there but you gave yourselves a fair go of it - about 2 years wasn't it? Congratulations to you both ....Shiny new members of the Ping Pong club!
3 years this October. I loved being here from day 1 but scouse didn't - he enjoyed seeing his brother and family of course and we've had some nice trips to various parts of Europe. Ping Pongers R Us, thanks for the welcome (I'm not going to even start counting how much it's cost to join this bloody club!)
Old Jun 29th 2018, 3:42 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

3 years this October. I loved being here from day 1 but scouse didn't - he enjoyed seeing his brother and family of course and we've had some nice trips to various parts of Europe. Ping Pongers R Us, thanks for the welcome (I'm not going to even start counting how much it's cost to join this bloody club!)
Nearly 3 Years! Wow, didn't the time fly! But at least you both gave it a go and if you hadn't tried you would always have wondered. So I guess the dilemma for you now is selling the house and transferring it all back to Australia. That was the dilemma we had when we moved over here.

Enjoy your last UK summer. Are you headed back to Perth or are you going to give the east coast a try?
Old Jun 29th 2018, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger I was hoping for a bit of an "Aussie" fix around Warrington way, when we visit my Sister and her two daughters at some point in the not too distant future.

Never mind. Good luck with your move.

Tell your OH the beer is even better here now, Aus has gone craft beer crazy. Assuming he likes those kinds of beers.
Old Jun 29th 2018, 10:38 pm
Concierge

Nearly 3 Years! Wow, didn't the time fly! But at least you both gave it a go and if you hadn't tried you would always have wondered. So I guess the dilemma for you now is selling the house and transferring it all back to Australia. That was the dilemma we had when we moved over here.

Enjoy your last UK summer. Are you headed back to Perth or are you going to give the east coast a try?
House is sold, we're stuck in a crappy Airbnb at the moment, and moving to another one on Sunday until we fly out.

I did the stupidest thing 5 years ago, signed up for an off plan apartment in a high(ish) rise development. It was supposed to be completed in June 2015. It's only just nearing completion now, and the final final FINAL move in date, according to the developer, was 1 August. So we put our house on the market expecting it to take ages to sell, but it sold practically straight away. Day after completion, the move in date for the flat was changed to December. Over it, not waiting any longer so we brought our 'going home' date forward.

All our stuff's in storage with the removal company, we'll buy a new property in Perth asap and get it shipped over. So it's Perth for now, and maybe Albany in a few years.

The only good thing about the flat is we were one of the first investors, so got it really cheap. It's worth more than double now, which is just as well given the bloody stress over the longest build period in history!
Old Jun 29th 2018, 10:44 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Bugger I was hoping for a bit of an "Aussie" fix around Warrington way, when we visit my Sister and her two daughters at some point in the not too distant future.

Never mind. Good luck with your move.

Tell your OH the beer is even better here now, Aus has gone craft beer crazy. Assuming he likes those kinds of beers.
Would have loved to have caught up with you for a beer Ozzie. Pity you weren't here over the past 2 weeks, it's been a belter of a summer so far - 32 today!

I like trying different craft beers but scouse usually sticks to imported lagers. His family and mates over here give him heaps for it
Old Jun 30th 2018, 6:20 am
Banned

House is sold, we're stuck in a crappy Airbnb at the moment, and moving to another one on Sunday until we fly out.

I did the stupidest thing 5 years ago, signed up for an off plan apartment in a high(ish) rise development. It was supposed to be completed in June 2015. It's only just nearing completion now, and the final final FINAL move in date, according to the developer, was 1 August. So we put our house on the market expecting it to take ages to sell, but it sold practically straight away. Day after completion, the move in date for the flat was changed to December. Over it, not waiting any longer so we brought our 'going home' date forward.

All our stuff's in storage with the removal company, we'll buy a new property in Perth asap and get it shipped over. So it's Perth for now, and maybe Albany in a few years.

The only good thing about the flat is we were one of the first investors, so got it really cheap. It's worth more than double now, which is just as well given the bloody stress over the longest build period in history!
Wow, I was wondering what happened with the apartment, but didn't want to ask. At least there's a sort of a silver lining to that.