Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hello (We r newbies) Any phone Linesman on here? (or ex-BT already made the move)

Wikiposts

Hello (We r newbies) Any phone Linesman on here? (or ex-BT already made the move)

Old Feb 24th 2007, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Bod n Jools is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hello (We r newbies) Any phone Linesman on here? (or ex-BT already made the move)

Hello all

This is our first post, we've been avidly reading threads on here for a while now and thought it was time we said hello and introduced ourselves. So, here goes.... we are Noel & Julie, 30somethings! and living in the Midlands, we have 2 boys aged 12 & 14 and 2 girls aged 6 & 8, plus 2 Ragdolls (cats that is) and a mad choc Lab!! We are all excited about making the move to Oz!! (Brisbane, Gold Coast ?? not sure yet) Watching & reading anything remotely connected to Australia, 24/7!!!! (good and the BAD!!)

At the moment, I'm a stay-at-home Mum and Ebay addict!!

Noel is a BT Telecoms Engineer of 11 yrs current duties include : from MDF jumpering to jointing to end user extensions, maintaining, repairing & replacing all u/ground & o/head networks. Would anyone be able to advise us as to what Noel's job prospects/salary etc would be in Australia? Any advice greatly appreciated.

We've looked at the government websites and from what we can make out his job is on the SOL and the MODL but it is hard finding actual jobs on the employment websites and even harder to get an idea of salary?? So wondered if anyone on here, or anyone you know, may be able to help us with what Noel's job prospects and salary might be?

oooooo think i'd best stop now as i'm waffling a bit arnt i! Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Noel & Jools x
Old Feb 24th 2007, 1:38 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello (We r newbies) Any phone Linesman on here? (or ex-BT already made the move)

Originally Posted by Bod n Jools
Hello all

This is our first post, we've been avidly reading threads on here for a while now and thought it was time we said hello and introduced ourselves. So, here goes.... we are Noel & Julie, 30somethings! and living in the Midlands, we have 2 boys aged 12 & 14 and 2 girls aged 6 & 8, plus 2 Ragdolls (cats that is) and a mad choc Lab!! We are all excited about making the move to Oz!! (Brisbane, Gold Coast ?? not sure yet) Watching & reading anything remotely connected to Australia, 24/7!!!! (good and the BAD!!)

At the moment, I'm a stay-at-home Mum and Ebay addict!!

Noel is a BT Telecoms Engineer of 11 yrs current duties include : from MDF jumpering to jointing to end user extensions, maintaining, repairing & replacing all u/ground & o/head networks. Would anyone be able to advise us as to what Noel's job prospects/salary etc would be in Australia? Any advice greatly appreciated.

We've looked at the government websites and from what we can make out his job is on the SOL and the MODL but it is hard finding actual jobs on the employment websites and even harder to get an idea of salary?? So wondered if anyone on here, or anyone you know, may be able to help us with what Noel's job prospects and salary might be?

oooooo think i'd best stop now as i'm waffling a bit arnt i! Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Noel & Jools x
Hi Noel and Jules,

just wanted to say welcome to BE. You will find this far more addictive than ebay!

Can't help with hubbys job, but wish you luck with your venture! Have you got your visas yet?

jackie x
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Bod n Jools is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello (We r newbies) Any phone Linesman on here? (or ex-BT already made the move)

Hi Jackie

Thanks so much for the friendly welcome! I know what you mean about BE being addictive............ Ebay hasnt had much of a look-in for weeks now!! This site is brilliant.

Jools x
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:03 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

When do you hope to go out to Oz Jools?

Jackie