British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Hello - new to forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/hello-new-forum-523557/)

Swins Mar 22nd 2008 10:06 am

Hello - new to forum

Hi all,

Just thought I would say hello as we are just about to start our application to Australia (GSM 175) and I have already found lots of useful info on this forum, but I expect I will have lots of questions en route.

We are planning to move to Perth sometime after next christmas, but no time constraints, so not too pushed on time. Went over at christmas for 5 weeks to confirm its what we want to do (for the third time!) and now we are going for it!

Any info/hints/tips anyone has to share would be greatly appreciated.

And now over to the immigration thread for my first question.

Cheers,

Swins.

Nickie Mar 22nd 2008 10:10 am

Re: Hello - new to forum

Hi, just wanna say welcome.

Nickie

steve_uk Mar 22nd 2008 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Swins (Post 6095971)
Hi all,

Just thought I would say hello as we are just about to start our application to Australia (GSM 175) and I have already found lots of useful info on this forum, but I expect I will have lots of questions en route.

We are planning to move to Perth sometime after next christmas, but no time constraints, so not too pushed on time. Went over at christmas for 5 weeks to confirm its what we want to do (for the third time!) and now we are going for it!

Cheers,

Swins.

Hey Swins, Welcome :)

ozziehel Mar 22nd 2008 10:17 am

Hi welcome,
Hurry up and make the move....me and my hubby moved to Perth in October last year and it was the best thing we ever did! Life is great here!!!!

Helen.x:)

Reedy Mar 22nd 2008 10:17 am

Hi all,

Cheers,

Swins.

Welcome to BE :)....

Lau x

Swins Mar 22nd 2008 10:34 am

Originally Posted by ozziehel (Post 6095998)
Hi welcome,
Hurry up and make the move....me and my hubby moved to Perth in October last year and it was the best thing we ever did! Life is great here!!!!

Helen.x:)

We would love to have stayed at xmas, but lots to sort out here before we go. Don't think the visa will be a problem, my skills have been assessed already, 60 points for me. My wife is a physio, already registered in Oz, so 60 points, plus on the MODL list, so extra points, and "allegedly" fast tracking as well... anyone any experience of this?

grahampaula Mar 22nd 2008 9:33 pm

Hello and welcome to the site.
Good luck with the application. :thumbsup:

WelshSarah Mar 22nd 2008 9:42 pm

Bora Da from me and mine!!!

Come on in, the waters lovely!!! :thumbsup:

Kapri Mar 22nd 2008 11:53 pm

Hi all,

Cheers,

Swins.

Hi - and welcome to B.E :)

asher Mar 23rd 2008 12:06 am

Hi and welcome you will find lots of information and nice friendly people here :thumbsup: