Reload this Page >

Hello Girls -Bra shop recommendations

Wikiposts

Hello Girls -Bra shop recommendations

Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:57 pm
Caroline

Caroline B is on a distinguished road
Default Hello Girls -Bra shop recommendations

Could anyone recommend a decent bra shop in Brisbane CBD? My usual bra shop is Bravissimo in the UK and am looking for an equivalent here (i.e. bigger sizes) - May have to do some remote ordering unless I can find something soon!
No rude comments please
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:26 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello Girls -Bra shop recommendations

Originally Posted by Caroline B
Could anyone recommend a decent bra shop in Brisbane CBD? My usual bra shop is Bravissimo in the UK and am looking for an equivalent here (i.e. bigger sizes) - May have to do some remote ordering unless I can find something soon!
No rude comments please
Oddly, I found K-Mart has a good selection of larger sized bras. They're nice, too! Not the usual military style you get if you're bigger than a 12C. There was also a thread on here a while ago (8 months or so) talking about the same thing and someone posted a link to an online shop here in Aus. Try the search function and see what you come up with.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:39 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Link: http://www.blestbras.com/default.asp

However, I still find it cheaper and a better selection from Bravissimo. Takes no time at all to arrive and the delivery cost is not that expensive.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:46 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

I've always used Bravissimo - so there's no Aussie equivalents?
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:49 pm
Caroline

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Link: http://www.blestbras.com/default.asp

However, I still find it cheaper and a better selection from Bravissimo. Takes no time at all to arrive and the delivery cost is not that expensive.
oooh do they dispatch to Oz? Just got the brush off from Next so assumed Bravissimo wouldn't! I'm placing an order unless I find something good in the CBD tomorrow,
Old Feb 15th 2007, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

nigel@karen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
we are hoping to arrive in Brisbane late March and i also have to buy my bras from bravissimo from what your all saying i think i'm going to have to stock up before i arrive oh gosh its going to cost a fortune i even buy my swimsuits from them oh well shop shop shop

karen
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

I think there is one in the valley,big girls ,or something like that.
As the others said it still works out cheaper to send from Bravissimo.I found the equivalent here but it was about $30 dearer for the same one.
Good luck
Donna
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:03 pm
Caroline

Went to Meyer and got some dodgy beige boostenhalter. The only bra in the shop my size... stock up at Bravissimo, that's my recommendation.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:02 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Went to Meyer and got some dodgy beige boostenhalter. The only bra in the shop my size... stock up at Bravissimo, that's my recommendation.
Wife has discovered a shop on Glenferrie in Malvern. Has been operating for over 20 years and wife was well impressed with getting someone who knows how to size properly. (against crude comments from her husband )
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

No rude comments please
Mrs OH suggests the Spirit of Life boutique in Milton:

HTH

boobs
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:48 pm
Caroline

Smile Re: Hello Girls -Bra shop recommendations

Have just ordered from bravissimo UK site - only £7.50 postage for loads of stuff!!!! No probs mailing to Oz
Old Feb 19th 2007, 12:23 am
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

Cool I was thinking about where to get my "scaffolding" from in future as Bravissimo is the only decent place I've ever found.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JustBecause
Cool I was thinking about where to get my "scaffolding" from in future as Bravissimo is the only decent place I've ever found.
great! Ive jsut got a few plain white ones coming form Marks and Spencer but will be nosing at bravissimo any minute now! Yay for internet shopping!

Lisa.xx
Old Feb 19th 2007, 12:01 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The OH
Mrs OH suggests the Spirit of Life boutique in Milton:

HTH

boobs
Would second this recommendation! Not in the CBD but great service and their sales are pretty good.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Oddly, I found K-Mart has a good selection of larger sized bras. They're nice, too! Not the usual military style you get if you're bigger than a 12C. There was also a thread on here a while ago (8 months or so) talking about the same thing and someone posted a link to an online shop here in Aus. Try the search function and see what you come up with.
Found some excellent bras in Kmart too Dorothy... Very pretty and nice colours. Bit more adventurous than UK bras. They wash well and last. No problems.