health kick

Old Aug 22nd 2016, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future
Default health kick

With the warmer weather just around the corner, I'm thinking it is time to get back into shape so am embarking on a 16 week health kick which will take me up to Christmas time when i head back to blighty for 5 weeks.

Anybody interested in joining me and looking to share tips, also looking for accountability partners etc.

My goals are to lose 10kg
Lean muscle gain
More energy

Let me know if interested and remember summer bodies are made in winter. (even if if it's coming to the end of winter)
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 6:16 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: health kick

Last year I did Lite n Easy. Only 5 days a week, 1500 kcal plan...and pretty much did what I liked on weekends. 6 months, -13kg...boom! Despite best intentions I never really made it back to the gym, so this was all about the calorie control. After the first few days I really found it very easy...and the food is OK too. It's not rocket science of course, but certainly worked for me when clearly I lacked the whatever to plan it out myself!
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 7:50 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Last year I did Lite n Easy. Only 5 days a week, 1500 kcal plan...and pretty much did what I liked on weekends. 6 months, -13kg...boom! Despite best intentions I never really made it back to the gym, so this was all about the calorie control. After the first few days I really found it very easy...and the food is OK too. It's not rocket science of course, but certainly worked for me when clearly I lacked the whatever to plan it out myself!
I've often considered something like that just to gauge the correct portion size on a variety of meals. We eat fairly healthy during the week but do tend to eat larger portions. Deb still buys exactly the same amount of meat for two of us that she bought for feeding four of us. Yeah we freeze the leftovers but the portions are the unknown.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Thats awesome mate, thanks for the share and congratulations on the results. I'm giving a nutritional cleanse a go for my nutrition intake after seeing a couple of friends having some awesome results from it.

For me it's all about the exercise side of things and keeping myself motivated and accountable.

Are you still doing Lite n Easy and have you kept the weight off?
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 10:55 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I've often considered something like that just to gauge the correct portion size on a variety of meals.
I think that's exactly what it does...even though let's be honest its pretty much common sense to begin with...but it does sort of condition you to know about portion control. The breakfast and lunch food is interesting enough but the dinners get a bit repetitive after a while...so you need to be ready to ditch em and do those on your own.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 10:58 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by smudger_scfc
Thats awesome mate, thanks for the share and congratulations on the results. I'm giving a nutritional cleanse a go for my nutrition intake after seeing a couple of friends having some awesome results from it.

For me it's all about the exercise side of things and keeping myself motivated and accountable.

Are you still doing Lite n Easy and have you kept the weight off?
I still do the breakfast & lunch option, 5 days a week, but not dinner. I mainly stuck to breakfast and lunch because I actually quite like it and I would otherwise probably buy lunch every day and spend just as much. Yup, weight stayed off. As for nutrition, I wouldn't say Lite n Easy is particularly nutritious...its quite well thought out but pretty carby and probably a bit processed.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

I still do the breakfast & lunch option, 5 days a week, but not dinner. I mainly stuck to breakfast and lunch because I actually quite like it and I would otherwise probably buy lunch every day and spend just as much. Yup, weight stayed off. As for nutrition, I wouldn't say Lite n Easy is particularly nutritious...its quite well thought out but pretty carby and probably a bit processed.
Cheers for that mate, thats great advice.

I'll post how i go on the nutritional cleanse, i've never done intermittent fasting before but having researched the benefits thoroughly, i'm pretty excited.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Tips, these really work for me.

Do 20-30 minutes of brisk exercise before breakfast.

3 hours before bed, stop eating.

Drink glass of warm water last thing at night, and first thing in morning.

Only eat foods as close to its natural state as possible, eg unprocessed oats, not a muesli bar, raw apple washed, not apple in a tube, packet, box, roll....

If your addicted to tea/coffee. Boiled water with mint or ginger is a good substitute.

Easy to eat 3 cups of salad at lunch and 3 cups of veg with dinner. Add one bit of fruit and your done.

White pasta, bread, rice are out.

Slather on garlic, chilli, herbs, spices, hot sauce, all those extra nutrients.

Cheap oily fishes, like mackerel and sardines are amazing for your skin. Add loads of fresh lemon juice and pepper.

If you cut out all carbs you will feel tired and starving.

Get the pushbike out.

If its under a 10 minute drive walk instead.

Couple of times a month, or special occasions, ignore all the above and eat whatever crap you want.

Oh and dont drink your calories, juices, lattes, frappes, beer, too much wine, soda.....

Its actually very easy, if you cant do all at once change a few habits at a time.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I've more or less given up gluten bread in favour spelt bread. Lost 5kg's in the process. Minimal exercise.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 9:24 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I can tell ...

1) Energy Out > Energy In = Weight loss
2) Everything apart from 1) is way less important
3) Nothing is off limits unless medically diagnosed
4) To track 1) I like to use MyFitnessPal, it's good for awareness
5) I reckon energy expended in MFP is way overestimated so I largely ignore it
6) You can't out-exercise poor nutrition
7) Lean protein is good to preserve muscle, I like to eat more than recommended
8) For exercise pick something you enjoy and don't have to push yourself to do. I like walking, I look ungainly doing anything quicker, it brings me out in a sweat, most unbecoming.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Get some liposuction
Smoke 20 cigarettes a day
Replace food with low carb beer
Replace low carb beer with meth
Read some Tony Robbins to keep your spirit up

Easy
Old Aug 28th 2016, 10:29 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
As far as I can tell ...

1) Energy Out > Energy In = Weight loss
2) Everything apart from 1) is way less important
3) Nothing is off limits unless medically diagnosed
4) To track 1) I like to use MyFitnessPal, it's good for awareness
5) I reckon energy expended in MFP is way overestimated so I largely ignore it
6) You can't out-exercise poor nutrition
7) Lean protein is good to preserve muscle, I like to eat more than recommended
8) For exercise pick something you enjoy and don't have to push yourself to do. I like walking, I look ungainly doing anything quicker, it brings me out in a sweat, most unbecoming.
This.

Also, anything ending in 'Cleanse' is generally just a cleanse of your wallet. You'll lose poo weight and water weight and that's it.
Old Aug 29th 2016, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been fadding and yo-yoing for years and pretty much never had any permanent or even long term results.

Being 48 I was itching to find a permanent solution before my body said 'nah, this is you forever now' So I started a training/nutrition program. They smash us every morning at 6, weights and conditioning on alternate days. I'm even starting to power lift again which I haven't done since my 20s, still love the dead but hate the squat though.

So-far, a touch under 15Kg gone, 32% body fat down to 20%, ran 10k's on Saturday morning too.

meat and veggies, and only have carbs on training days, I'm hooked to be honest.

One other reason I had to do it was the quack putting me on Thyroxine saying the old gland was under-performing which was making me fat and lazy. Turns out me being fat and lazy was the cause of my thyroid problem, all good now and I feel phenominal.

Make that change OP
Old Aug 30th 2016, 10:35 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I've been fadding and yo-yoing for years and pretty much never had any permanent or even long term results.

Being 48 I was itching to find a permanent solution before my body said 'nah, this is you forever now' So I started a training/nutrition program. They smash us every morning at 6, weights and conditioning on alternate days. I'm even starting to power lift again which I haven't done since my 20s, still love the dead but hate the squat though.

So-far, a touch under 15Kg gone, 32% body fat down to 20%, ran 10k's on Saturday morning too.

meat and veggies, and only have carbs on training days, I'm hooked to be honest.

One other reason I had to do it was the quack putting me on Thyroxine saying the old gland was under-performing which was making me fat and lazy. Turns out me being fat and lazy was the cause of my thyroid problem, all good now and I feel phenominal.

Make that change OP
Nice, decent nutrition and exercise over medicine is worth a shot.

I have recently kicked the booze into touch (mostly ), it was the big thing holding me back from making real progress. I think I'd rather get a buzz from feeling the best I can than dulling the experience.

Not to say I won't push the boat out occasionally but it's about balance innit?

No fancy bikes and Lycra though, there ARE limits.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Nice, decent nutrition and exercise over medicine is worth a shot.

I have recently kicked the booze into touch (mostly ), it was the big thing holding me back from making real progress. I think I'd rather get a buzz from feeling the best I can than dulling the experience.

Not to say I won't push the boat out occasionally but it's about balance innit?

No fancy bikes and Lycra though, there ARE limits.
Yep on all counts, I'll have afew beers on a friday night if I've got them and that's pretty much it.

We're off to Blighty in 5 weeks, I'm not going to let it derail me like last time, out for a run every morning I'll be. You're right, I'm getting a buzz from being in the best shape of my life, this is the first time my exercise and nutrition have been in synch, and I love it, not letting this go for love nor money.

>36 waist down to <32, awesome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.