Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Have you seen 'Australia' and did you like it?

View Poll Results: Did you enjoy 'Australia'?
YES
73.47%
NO
26.53%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Have you seen 'Australia' and did you like it?

Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:22 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Have you seen 'Australia' and did you like it?

Having seen 'Australia' now I think it's a good film.

What do you think?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

smiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to all
Default Re: Have you seen 'Australia' and did you like it?

I heard and read all the reports on the movie but had to see it for myself and I must say I loved it.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Over hyped and over long

G
Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:41 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
Over hyped and over long

G
and over here
Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

thedons will become famous soon enoughthedons will become famous soon enough

Well we loved it and right after the movie booked 12 nights in Darwin and loved it,
Some of the best fishing going / Parks / wildlife
But each to their own
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thedons
Well we loved it and right after the movie booked 12 nights in Darwin and loved it,
Some of the best fishing going / Parks / wildlife
But each to their own
Any golf though mate ??
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

The Australian press panned it - but they had to..

Flawed, cringeworthy - few key scenes at start especially - but we warmed to it, and most importantly enjoyed it.

Old Baz had his tongue in his cheek.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:01 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Long, boring movie with a crap actress who's facial features don't move for all the Botox and fillers. Besides, hadn't she already done the same movie with Tom Cruise? Think it was Far and Away or some such crap.

And don't get me started on the dialogue! How many frickin times did they need to say "crikey!"? I'm sure crikey wasn't even slang back then!!! And my favourite line..."Shut your damper hole". WTF?!?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:26 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Long, boring movie with a crap actress who's facial features don't move for all the Botox and fillers. Besides, hadn't she already done the same movie with Tom Cruise? Think it was Far and Away or some such crap.

And don't get me started on the dialogue! How many frickin times did they need to say "crikey!"? I'm sure crikey wasn't even slang back then!!! And my favourite line..."Shut your damper hole". WTF?!?
Pleased you enjoyed it then
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Pleased you enjoyed it then
Yeah, not a fan of Ms Kidman's acting. Does it show?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:13 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yeah, not a fan of Ms Kidman's acting. Does it show?
I guess your just to subtle sometimes
Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
The Australian press panned it - but they had to..

Flawed, cringeworthy - few key scenes at start especially - but we warmed to it, and most importantly enjoyed it.

Old Baz had his tongue in his cheek.
Has Baz made a 'great' film yet? I think he one of the most over rated flim directors of all time.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

dpwilliams is a jewel in the roughdpwilliams is a jewel in the roughdpwilliams is a jewel in the roughdpwilliams is a jewel in the rough

It was the worst film I have ever seen. The acting was poor, many of the scenes were shot with cardboard pictures, there were errors in the film and the story dragged on and on.

It was so bad 3 of the 11 people in the cinema with me left before the film ended.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dpwilliams
It was the worst film I have ever seen. The acting was poor, many of the scenes were shot with cardboard pictures, there were errors in the film and the story dragged on and on.

It was so bad 3 of the 11 people in the cinema with me left before the film ended.
Some of the effects did look quite bizarrre! And there were a few paintings it seemed.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 2:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Me and first born loved it. Only negative we found was Ms Kidman's stationary forehead. Apart from that, bloody excellent cobber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.