Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Have you moved to Oz from the UK?

Have you moved to Oz from the UK?

Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

wearegreens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have you moved to Oz from the UK?

Ca you please tell me about your experience?

I am from England, I move to Perth for a year but moved back to England due to family. I often think I made a mistake - how do you choose between family and lifestyle?

I have small children and I often think they'd have a better life in Australia, my husband and I are both well educated and like to be active people - it's hard to have an outdoors lifestykle in England..

Is education better?

What are your likes and dislikes?

Do you also struggle with missing family?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Lymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant future
Default Re: Have you moved to Oz from the UK?

Originally Posted by wearegreens

I am from England, I move to Perth for a year but moved back to England due to family. I often think I made a mistake - how do you choose between family and lifestyle?

I have small children and I often think they'd have a better life in Australia, my husband and I are both well educated and like to be active people - it's hard to have an outdoors lifestykle in England..

Is education better?

I would search the threads, there are literally hundreds that discuss your question. Only you and your family can decide what is best (my opinion).
Old Nov 11th 2010, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Have you moved to Oz from the UK?

Originally Posted by wearegreens

Is education better?

Sorry, not answering your post but how do you find it hard to have an outdoor life in England? We don't have extremes of weather and there is only a few months you can't very easily be out and about. I think unless you are particularly disadvantaged from the inner city then it's quite easy - if you really want it.