Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Have you had your 'Moment'?

Have you had your 'Moment'?

Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:11 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Have you had your 'Moment'?

We all have moments of where certain things hit us, for instance we were driving back from Selina's and I saw a kangaroo sign in the road and suddenly thought 'God I am in Australia' - that kind of thing.

I sort of trundle along through life in my own world and occasionally things become obvious to me like a 'gang' of galahs walking down the street yesterday where I live - about 4 of them (I am sure they wore board shorts, thongs and a singlet), and I had that warm feeling of realising where I was.

Well yesterday Mr PP was in the garden filling in the holes that the kelpie had dug and generally cleaning up, with Rocky Dog following him around with a squashed tennis ball in his gob.

'I thought to myself I own this house, I am cleaning up my own garden with my own dog - and I like it' He told me, clearly looking exceedingly proud/pleased.

It was as though everything had caught up with him and it was so nice to see him like that.

So have you had your 'moment' where things have made sense or made you realise where you are?

Be interested to know.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: Have you had your 'Moment'?

i used to think i was like that every day, i used to work all over the world, i was single and life was great, now im married with a cracking 3 year old boy, my moments now are seeing him smile and develop and do new things, that to me is worth more than anything in life,
john
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:29 pm
I'm no dog

poppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nice

Giving birth was my moment (very undignified...sick/swearing/....)but my girls are the best!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:33 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnknight001
i used to think i was like that every day, i used to work all over the world, i was single and life was great, now im married with a cracking 3 year old boy, my moments now are seeing him smile and develop and do new things, that to me is worth more than anything in life,
john
My sister said exactly the same

Originally Posted by poppie
Giving birth was my moment (very undignified...sick/swearing/....)but my girls are the best!
I find it quite exciting that these moments/priorities can change at a moments notice, with each one being better.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:47 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

The other day when I was trying to concentrate on something at home and thought to myself 'those bloody parrots in the garden are making a right racket' and then thought 'I can't believe I live somewhere so exotic that I've got parrots in the garden'!

And every evening when I hear the cicadas - reminds me where I am and makes me happy
Old Nov 6th 2008, 11:36 pm

[QUOTE=Scubaemma;6948051]The other day when I was trying to concentrate on something at home and thought to myself 'those bloody parrots in the garden are making a right racket' and then thought 'I can't believe I live somewhere so exotic that I've got parrots in the garden'!

And every evening when I hear the cicadas - reminds me where I am and makes me happy [/QUOTE

I love the sound the magpies make.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Even after three years I still get those moments - sometimes just looking at our house, or seeing a flock of Cockatoos and definitely school assembly at my daughter's primary school. Outside in the sun, Australian flag flying and good old Mr Ossie (think Mick Jagger crossed with Mr G) with his guitar singing Advance Australia Fair - gets me every time
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:59 am
Mav
Forum Regular

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
We all have moments of where certain things hit us, for instance we were driving back from Selina's and I saw a kangaroo sign in the road and suddenly thought 'God I am in Australia' - that kind of thing.

I sort of trundle along through life in my own world and occasionally things become obvious to me like a 'gang' of galahs walking down the street yesterday where I live - about 4 of them (I am sure they wore board shorts, thongs and a singlet), and I had that warm feeling of realising where I was.

Well yesterday Mr PP was in the garden filling in the holes that the kelpie had dug and generally cleaning up, with Rocky Dog following him around with a squashed tennis ball in his gob.

'I thought to myself I own this house, I am cleaning up my own garden with my own dog - and I like it' He told me, clearly looking exceedingly proud/pleased.

It was as though everything had caught up with him and it was so nice to see him like that.

So have you had your 'moment' where things have made sense or made you realise where you are?

Be interested to know.
MY MOMENT IS SITTING OUT BACK LOOKING AROUND ON A GREAT DAY WATCHING MY TWO HORSES WALKING AROUND THEN GOING FOR A SWIM IN THE POOL WHY MY OH AT WORK AND MY DAUGHTER AT SCHOOL THEN THINKING WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY I AM LIVING IN WITH MY FAMILY CANT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:02 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Be interested to know.
Not yet...........still waiting
Old Nov 7th 2008, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Oh school assembly gets me every time, when the little ones start singing, Australians all let us rejoice etc etc I get a little tear, thinking of all the stresses we went through and now living here for nearly 5 years Australia is home and the uk is the place that I came from and will one day visit again but for our family Australia is home (and there's no place like it)
Old Nov 7th 2008, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

I love the sound the magpies make.
Emma doesn't

(sorry Em, couldn't resist )
Old Nov 7th 2008, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

One of my moments has been this week....thinking of fireworks night & how cold it used to be & getting rugged up to go and watch a display.

Also when i saw the weather forecast and I thought....ONLY 26 degrees today
Old Nov 7th 2008, 2:35 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Emma doesn't

(sorry Em, couldn't resist )
Too true mate, I just panic when I hear that!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:11 am

I have just had a 'moment' - some bitch in North WA has just sarcastically called me 'Sweetie' - my moment of wanting to twat her.:curse:

I shall go back to thinking of the wildlife - talking of which, does anyone know how much the whale watching tour is in Freo? We have an Entertainment Guide book with a discount.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 5:23 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

I get them feelings everyday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.