Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Have you ever been to an Ex Pat Meet?

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: What did you get from it?
Never
24.18%
Nothing, it was pish
8.79%
a day out
15.38%
new friends
48.35%
a life
3.30%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Have you ever been to an Ex Pat Meet?

Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:37 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Have you ever been to an Ex Pat Meet?

Originally Posted by tracey.d

I've been here so long it'll be great to meet the likes of Soapy and Polly at last
And when you meet Mrs Soapy don't forget to say " OOhhhh so your Soapys wife" She loves it.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
And when you meet Mrs Soapy don't forget to say " OOhhhh so your Soapys wife" She loves it.

You forgot the 'you poor bugger' bit
Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Well, I couldn't possibly comment as I may be meeting him soon
Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I found "you have my deepest sympathy" went down well, followed by "how do you put up with him"
Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:59 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
If we closed one you'd start another thread about "Why my thread about the Gold Coast meet on the 27th October [7pm] was closed @ Southport Soccer Club"

Did I miss anything

not a thing

well, at least youve got yir eye on me
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:00 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I went to my first one recently but there wasn't anybody that used to be called Patricia or Patrick there
you didnt meet bordy then?
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:01 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Sue
Okay, I've fixed it.
thank you Sue
after all this time you would think i would know how to use a poll?
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:03 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I've been to a couple and have made friends at each one. I'm really looking forward to the Gold Coast one, will have to make sure I'm not working that day.
I've been here so long it'll be great to meet the likes of Soapy and Polly at last
well, you have plenty of notice lassie
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:04 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

I/we have done...some good, some not-so-good.
Haven't been to one for ages....suppose because we have friends we spend time with.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:04 am
Master of verbal pish©

i keep tellin' her how lucky she is pal
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:08 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by soapy

i keep tellin' her how lucky she is pal
Shes one in a million, tell her we were asking for her.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:08 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been to one (don't know if there have been any in my neck of the woods) but when we're in Oz I'd love to come to one. I think it'd be nice to meet some of the people you kind of get to know on this forum. And it must be nice to have a kind of social occassion to go to when you don't know anyone in a country.

So next year when I'm there I'll definitely come to one in the Brissie area (or Gold Coast if that's where they happen!).

Just because you go to meets, doesn't mean you only want to have ex-pat friends.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:09 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
I/we have done...some good, some not-so-good.
Haven't been to one for ages....suppose because we have friends we spend time with.
we have loads of friends too, but try not to miss out on catching up with people i havent seen in a while. its always nice to see how they are getting on
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:10 am
Master of verbal pish©

Shes one in a million, tell her we were asking for her.
thank fk for that
oh and i will mate. i still need to do the thread on oor wee day oot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.