Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Have you been jabbed?

Have you been jabbed?

Old Jun 16th 2021, 10:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you been jabbed?

Originally Posted by Beoz
Another good reason. If people 'sit it out" waiting for something, that's 6 months or a year or more that people like you can't get back to work.
Crazy conversation at work tonight - Heath and Emergency Services frontline staff (in Qld) became eligible for jabs in early April, we were told we would be sent a code to register with online and would then be contacted. Most of my team, knowing the speed at which such red tape works, ignored the instruction and just signed up through the normal website, made our own appointments, now all had (or are close to having) the second jab. The code was then sent to all staff - in mid May! One guy, in his 60s, said tonight that he hasn't been jabbed yet, when we expressed surprise it turns out he had waited until he was sent the code, then went online and registered, and is still waiting for someone to ring him!
We gave him the website link and told him to just book himself in!
I hesitate to say that inefficiency rules, but things like that do help explain why the roll-out has been so slow. High priority, with an official code to prove it, but its still quicker if you have the sense to be proactive.
Old Jun 16th 2021, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themerlin
They might not let you back into the brothels until you have both jabs
"it's only a little prick, you'll hardly feel it "
Old Jun 16th 2021, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Crazy conversation at work tonight - Heath and Emergency Services frontline staff (in Qld) became eligible for jabs in early April, we were told we would be sent a code to register with online and would then be contacted. Most of my team, knowing the speed at which such red tape works, ignored the instruction and just signed up through the normal website, made our own appointments, now all had (or are close to having) the second jab. The code was then sent to all staff - in mid May! One guy, in his 60s, said tonight that he hasn't been jabbed yet, when we expressed surprise it turns out he had waited until he was sent the code, then went online and registered, and is still waiting for someone to ring him!
We gave him the website link and told him to just book himself in!
I hesitate to say that inefficiency rules, but things like that do help explain why the roll-out has been so slow. High priority, with an official code to prove it, but its still quicker if you have the sense to be proactive.
I suspect there might be a short supply of Pfizer but a decent supply of AZ. The govt website says they have 20 million Pfizer doses and 53 million AZ doses. Plus AZ can be manufactured onshore where the Pfizer requires importation. Compounding that once someone has the first jab they are trying to make sure the second jab is done within the time frame. Pfizer requires 6 weeks (I believe) for maximum efficiency whereas AZ requires 3 months. My wife has been desperately trying to get a jab of any type but the system doesn't allow for choice, as we know, and first available for her is August. She says she can get a booking for the first jab relatively soon but can't for the second in the required 6 weeks, hence the first available August booking. She went looking for the AZ jab but given her sub 50 age its not on offer at all. And as you rightly point out, the systems are all a bit crap and aren't really offering priority to those who need it first.

Given there is more than likely plenty of AZ supply they should think about offering it up to those sub 50 who are willing to take it.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 4:37 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Given there is more than likely plenty of AZ supply they should think about offering it up to those sub 50 who are willing to take it..
I think you can ask your GP?
Old Jun 17th 2021, 5:07 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Scouse is okay. My brother in UK had previously had a couple of DVT's and was still given AZ, so not sure. If Scouse can't have AZ for second dose, hopefully they'll let him have Pfizer in line with other countries.

Sorry to read about the autoimmune issue. As much as we all need to be vaccinated, cases like yours are the reason others need to be jabbed to help protect those who can't be.
Scouse is having his second AZ vaccine early July, I'm having my first a couple of days later. Happy days
Old Jun 17th 2021, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I think you can ask your GP?
A GP can give AZ?
Old Jun 17th 2021, 9:35 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

A GP can give AZ?
Yep - that's where I had mine. And they made the appointment for the second shot while I was there.

Some chemists will be able to start giving the AZ soon.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 9:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - that's where I had mine. And they made the appointment for the second shot while I was there.

Nundah Vax clinic (in Brisbane) where most people I know have booked in to, makes the second appointment when you go for the first jab. They said its much easier than people trying to estimate when to book.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cool. I did not know this.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 1:17 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Had my first jab last week at the local GP's surgery. The fact that CovID had very little impact on us here (rural south-coast NSW) meant I was quite apathetic about getting it done. There's been no CovID outbreaks here, we've had no lockdowns since April last year and it has had zero impact on work or social life. So getting vaccinated just didn't seem like a high priority. Then I realised I was no better than the mouth-breathing retards in the anti-vaxx demographic - so I booked myself in. Had a rough 24 hours after the jab (AstraZeneca) - bad chills, muscle pain, leg cramps, headaches and sweats. So I spent the sleepless wee-small hours of the night reading the actual science behind the vaccines and the post-injection effects it has on people. Turned out that having a response to the vaccine was actually a good thing since it demonstrated your body's strong immune response. My dad (aged 85) had his a month previous and didn't have any side effects whatsoever, demonstrating his suppressed immune response. The wife had her Pfizer jab four days ago and had no side effects at all - not sure whether that's due to her immune response or the totally different design of the Pfizer vaccine compared to the AZ. My second jab is scheduled for early September. Not sure if they'll give me a second AZ jab or a Pfizer since they've just expanded the Pfizer age range here to include the '50s.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 1:32 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
The wife had her Pfizer jab four days ago and had no side effects at all
You seem to get more side effects from the second dose of Pfizer for some reason (anecdotally)
Old Jun 18th 2021, 11:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Saturday 3rd July
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 10:35 pm

My 16 year son managed to get his Pfizer on his birthday yesterday, must be one of the youngest
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 2:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You seem to get more side effects from the second dose of Pfizer for some reason (anecdotally)
I felt a little tired after the first Pfizer but no issue at all after the second. Had a really good night sleep if anything.
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 5:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Had my first jab this morning. I actually don't feel that great and am going to bed
I have to say that the vaccine clinic out at the airport is very slick. I was in and out in under 25 minutes. They could have easily doubled the numbers of people going through and it wouldn't have been stretched

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.