Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Have you been jabbed?

Have you been jabbed?

Old Aug 11th 2021, 2:38 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you been jabbed?

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Fair enough, your choice, etc.

But … I’m not signing up to this experimental gene therapy.

And am expecting to be marginalised for my views for the foreseeable future.

"Views" are not science, and science does not support yours. They are not factual. How vaccines work is a matter of science, not a viewpoint. It's unfortunate that you choose to limit your life in this way, but it also means that you are a part of putting others at risk because vaccine-dodging variants grow in pools of unvaccinated people. You are not just making a choice for yourself, you are making a choice for others.
Old Aug 11th 2021, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
You are not just making a choice for yourself, you are making a choice for others.
BOOOM ...... and that shows the true colours of those who want to dream in this way.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 12:46 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
BOOOM ...... and that shows the true colours of those who want to dream in this way.

In this case I suspect it might just not have been fully thought through.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Last overseas trip, last gig, last cricket match watched live, last travel outside of QLD … it’s all been resigned to mentally here.

If my work demands a vaccine passport for in office work then **** that too.

I am not signing up to this experimental gene therapy.

I am willing to die on this hill, it’s important.
I have seen the thing about this been a experimental gene therapy a lot over the last month. I don't know where it has come from but it is totally false. The Mnra vaccines are not in anyway a form of gene therapy. In fact in many ways they are just a more advanced form of the traditional vaccine method. Please do some research from a good source.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
I have seen the thing about this been a experimental gene therapy a lot over the last month. I don't know where it has come from but it is totally false. The Mnra vaccines are not in anyway a form of gene therapy. In fact in many ways they are just a more advanced form of the traditional vaccine method. Please do some research from a good source.
I am currently sitting having a latte in Starbucks and I could not fail to hear the conversation next to me....two ladies in their early 30's were talking about not having the covid jab through choice, one said her brother was hopitalised with covid back in June 2020 but she classed it as nothing more than a bad resperative illness similar to pneumonia except his legs and joints hurt and that everything about covid has been blown out of proportion ...."well each to their own and freedom's of choice" etc but anyone who through their own choice (here in the UK at least) have not been vaccinated and then catches covid and has to be hospitalised should then have to pay for their treatment and rehabilitation...well they are my thoughts. ps I volunteered throughout the covid pandemic at a local hospital and it was like nothing I had ever witnessed before.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 11:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brits1
I am currently sitting having a latte in Starbucks and I could not fail to hear the conversation next to me....two ladies in their early 30's were talking about not having the covid jab through choice, one said her brother was hopitalised with covid back in June 2020 but she classed it as nothing more than a bad resperative illness similar to pneumonia except his legs and joints hurt and that everything about covid has been blown out of proportion ...."well each to their own and freedom's of choice" etc but anyone who through their own choice (here in the UK at least) have not been vaccinated and then catches covid and has to be hospitalised should then have to pay for their treatment and rehabilitation...well they are my thoughts. ps I volunteered throughout the covid pandemic at a local hospital and it was like nothing I had ever witnessed before.
couldn't agree more, I just posed that same question to a rampant anti vaxxer mate of mine. He wants his freedom but seems unwilling to give up anything for it. I have zero respect for him and people who think like him anymore, especially the ones I'd expected better of.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 2:31 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you been jabbed

"Views" are not science, and science does not support yours. They are not factual. How vaccines work is a matter of science, not a viewpoint. It's unfortunate that you choose to limit your life in this way, but it also means that you are a part of putting others at risk because vaccine-dodging variants grow in pools of unvaccinated people. You are not just making a choice for yourself, you are making a choice for others.
And that is how they (those pushing the prevailing mainstream media agenda) will frame the likes of me in the battle.

Divide the population against each other, normalise the lockdowns and progressively taking away human freedoms until we are collectively not living, just existing.

Vaccine passports next, just a short step to Chinese style social credit scores and all that entails.

The world seems to be sleepwalking into this and I am not buying into it.

I am not getting “The Jab” for selfish reasons, I’m refusing it for spiritual reasons.

Last edited by DeadVim; Aug 12th 2021 at 2:33 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 2:36 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
If I was dreaming it would make my life easier but I’m not so …
Old Aug 12th 2021, 2:39 pm
Mostly Harmless

In this case I suspect it might just not have been fully thought through.
I’ve had a lot of time to think … and come to a very concrete conclusion on what is going on.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 2:47 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve had a lot of time to think … and come to a very concrete conclusion on what is going on.
Vim, are you able to summarise what you think is going on? Who do you think is behind these plans, and why?
Divide the population against each other, normalise the lockdowns and progressively taking away human freedoms until we are collectively not living, just existing.
Vaccine passports next, just a short step to Chinese style social credit scores and all that entails

Old Aug 12th 2021, 2:48 pm
Mostly Harmless

Default Re: Have you be

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Then I can only wish you good luck, and hope that neither you nor anyone else dies or is damaged as a consequence of you standing on that hill.
Thank you, my wife has had her first jab despite persistent high blood pressure issues. I wait in hope I am being wildly alarmist.

I remain defending The Hill regardless.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 2:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, my wife has had her first jab despite persistent high blood pressure issues. I wait in hope I am being wildly alarmist.

I remain defending The Hill regardless.
We (almost!) cross-posted You're up late!

Old Aug 12th 2021, 3:03 pm
Mostly Harmless

Vim, are you able to summarise what you think is going on? Who do you think is behind these plans, and why?
Vaccine passports next, just a short step to Chinese style social credit scores and all that entails
Research The Great Reset and follow on from there.

I’m not a big Tin Foil Hat conspiracy theorist but I’m convinced there is something behind the current general direction of world events.

It’s not good and I’m drifting further towards a religious way of countering it.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 3:08 pm
Mostly Harmless

We (almost!) cross-posted You're up late!
I am keeping tabs with the cricket …
Old Aug 12th 2021, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Research The Great Reset and follow on from there.

I’m not a big Tin Foil Hat conspiracy theorist but I’m convinced there is something behind the current general direction of world events.

It’s not good and I’m drifting further towards a religious way of countering it.
Or maybe not

​​​​​
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – A Jacksonville church pastor said in just a little more than 2 weeks, 7 congregate members died from COVID-19, and more of their members are currently in the hospital.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.