Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Have you been jabbed?

Have you been jabbed?

Old Aug 16th 2021, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you been jabbed?

Originally Posted by abner
To be fair, Chairman Dan was dealing with two particularly egregious examples of "what not to do in the midst of a Delta-strain Covid-19 epidemic"

- DON'T have an extended, publicised, maskless curbside pub-crawl featuring takeaway drinks from a variety of bars, put on by a neighborhood bar owners association

- DON'T have a maskless engagement party for 69 people, and invite infected people to it (at least some transmissions are already confirmed)

Total ****wits are perpetuating the Delta transmissions, and therefore the harder / wider / more extended lockdowns around Oz. The state governments are just trying to hold the idiocy at bay.

It's not just two though, I know that for an absolute fact... it's dozens if not 100's and that basically is impossible to be stopped... . No fines, no threats of prison.... In fact, the more draconian the outcome, the more likely some will ignore it. Short of "Shoot on sight" Nothing is going to stop the non-conformists.

Not sure how to deal with this, but I think opening sooner than later, health consequences included, is definitely the least damaging option for society as a whole.

As for me up here in FNQ.... As pretty and nice and warm and "Stepford wifeish" as it is....give me buzzy, grimy Melbourne any day. Just wish Melbourne was currently buzzing. Coming back next week, not sure how we are supposed to get the 12ks or so from Tullamarine to Coburg outside curfew hours.... but we will. Bugga it.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Aug 16th 2021 at 10:31 am.
Old Aug 16th 2021, 10:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It's all getting a bit dystopian now... Curfew is back for the 2nd time in Melbourne. With no indication of what living with Covid... Or indeed if zero tolerance guidelines are going to be the parameters in the future. Actually worried if this keeps up that we won't be able to get back into our home in Melbourne from up here in the relative freedom of FNQ.
A lockdown was possibly required (maybe) but a curfew is a massive overreaction - especially as most people are very compliant

B&R Dan is a controlling prick basically - but you lot elected him and you basically get the government you voted for. The ultra-left (of which he is at the centre of) roll this way - they hate real democracy and this is an example of that
Old Aug 16th 2021, 11:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Coming back next week, not sure how we are supposed to get the 12ks or so from Tullamarine to Coburg outside curfew hours.... but we will. Bugga it.
Quite probably a permit system by then. I'll try and keep an eye out for you.
Make 110% you can into Melbourne before boarding in Cairns. If they send you back you will almost certainly be stuffed on a flight to Bris and then into a hotel for two weeks.
We spend hours each shift now booking flights, with people getting off planes in Townsville, Proserpine etc, and having to be sent to Bris for 2 weeks quarantine, and the more flights to return them at the end of the two weeks.
Old Aug 16th 2021, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just two though, I know that for an absolute fact... it's dozens if not 100's and that basically is impossible to be stopped... . No fines, no threats of prison.... In fact, the more draconian the outcome, the more likely some will ignore it. Short of "Shoot on sight" Nothing is going to stop the non-conformists.

Not sure how to deal with this, but I think opening sooner than later, health consequences included, is definitely the least damaging option for society as a whole.

As for me up here in FNQ.... As pretty and nice and warm and "Stepford wifeish" as it is....give me buzzy, grimy Melbourne any day. Just wish Melbourne was currently buzzing. Coming back next week, not sure how we are supposed to get the 12ks or so from Tullamarine to Coburg outside curfew hours.... but we will. Bugga it.
Dan certainly has trumped Gladys on the lockdown today. Curfew, No playgrounds for Kids. Jesus its 20 cases FFS

All we are looking at is the targets.

6 million jabs - 25 Aug (in 10 days) - some restrictions released, Probably not much more than this stupid 5km rule.
70% vaxxed NSW - approx 16th Oct. Could be earlier if we can strategically keep the outbreak going.
80% - about 3 weeks later.

After that, Phase 3 achieved and eternal freedom inside NSW at least. NO MORE LOCKDOWNS

Not long now.

Last edited by Beoz; Aug 16th 2021 at 11:16 am.
Old Oct 13th 2021, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
A lockdown was possibly required (maybe) but a curfew is a massive overreaction - especially as most people are very compliant

B&R Dan is a controlling prick basically - but you lot elected him and you basically get the government you voted for. The ultra-left (of which he is at the centre of) roll this way - they hate real democracy and this is an example of that
That is real democracy. Just because its left wing doesn't make it any less real. You just come across as intolerant and biased. Must be that Calvinist upbringing?
Old Oct 13th 2021, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisbannite
That is real democracy. Just because its left wing doesn't make it any less real. You just come across as intolerant and biased. Must be that Calvinist upbringing?
Yet Dan and is power play still managed to crack the 2000 cases today. Another Australian record. You would think communism had better control. Time to switch sides buddy
Old Oct 13th 2021, 11:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz
Yet Dan and is power play still managed to crack the 2000 cases today. Another Australian record. You would think communism had better control. Time to switch sides buddy
what a ridiculous thing for someone from nsw to be smug about.
Old Oct 13th 2021, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Quite so. Echoing my thoughts exactly. The ultra's just can't help themselves.
Old Oct 13th 2021, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Odd how the ultra's regard democracy only is relevant if coming wrapped in right wing rhetoric.
Old Oct 13th 2021, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Quite so. Echoing my thoughts exactly. The ultra's just can't help themselves.
Where have you been? Welcome back

Yeah maybe if you were sitting here when that dumb moron from Sky (perceived right wing publication) Andrew Clennell was pestering the premier to install curfews and shut retail because "it works in Melbourne" which it clearly doesn't, then you might have an issue with the Victorian tactics leading the way on Covid.

This is about being sensible. Dan Andrews is a control freak, and his record of how he deals with Covid and its outcomes speaks for itself.

I actually feel for Dan. I think deep down he means well but everything he has touched in the last year and a half has been a mess.

Last edited by Beoz; Oct 13th 2021 at 11:54 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2021, 12:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

See, I knew you could do it! My faith in humanity (and online courtesy) is restored. My morning is going to be better for it

I'm uber tolerant - apart from tolerance towards Australia-hating, left-wing assholes like B&R Dan. I am biased though. Nothing wrong with that, most people are

I didn't have a 'calvanist' upbringing, where did you get that notion from? My heritage is Anglo-Celtic and Central European and I was raised in the Anglican (C of E) faith. My religion (of lack of) has nothing to do with my viewpoints on life and society. I would never ask you about your religious upbringing, so find it a bit wierd that you'd make assumptions about mine. Bizarre

All you need to know about me is that I'm a hard right-wing, conservative libertarian who takes people at face value and believes that everyone is equal - unless they try not to be. At my core, I believe in the power of the individual over the collective and that governments and systems have to be as far removed from the life of the individual as possible. I'm a simple man with simple beliefs. End of
Old Oct 14th 2021, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Odd how the ultra's regard democracy only is relevant if coming wrapped in right wing rhetoric.
and extreme right wing rhetoric at that.

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I don't understand, but I do know that the pandemic has affected people's mental health in many different ways. I don't know if Beoz has always been like that but there's some dysfunction there for sure .
Old Oct 14th 2021, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beoz
Where have you been? Welcome back

Yeah maybe if you were sitting here when that dumb moron from Sky (perceived right wing publication) Andrew Clennell was pestering the premier to install curfews and shut retail because "it works in Melbourne" which it clearly doesn't, then you might have an issue with the Victorian tactics leading the way on Covid.

This is about being sensible. Dan Andrews is a control freak, and his record of how he deals with Covid and its outcomes speaks for itself.

I actually feel for Dan. I think deep down he means well but everything he has touched in the last year and a half has been a mess.
Ohhhh, its worse that I thought, you're getting your information from Sky. That explains a lot.

Here's a thought. Does Sky attract people who are incapable of critical thought, or does it simply suppress it - Correlation or Causation?

I suppose you think Trump won the election, Covid-19 started in a lab in Wuhan, climate change is a hoax and Greta Thunberg spouts "dishonest, alarmist rubbish".

Old Oct 14th 2021, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ohhhh, its worse that I thought, you're getting your information from Sky. That explains a lot.

Here's a thought. Does Sky attract people who are incapable of critical thought, or does it simply suppress it - Correlation or Causation?

I suppose you think Trump won the election, Covid-19 started in a lab in Wuhan, climate change is a hoax and Greta Thunberg spouts "dishonest, alarmist rubbish".
Here's news for you sport. Sky (well Clennell) tried to impose communist values on NSW.

Again sorry your control values failed you. Try again.

Last edited by Beoz; Oct 14th 2021 at 10:07 am.
Old Oct 14th 2021, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't understand, but I do know that the pandemic has affected people's mental health in many different ways. I don't know if Beoz has always been like that but there's some dysfunction there for sure .
Yet the one trick pony you are puts covid health over all other heath. You have no idea about balance. Pot calling kettle black again.

How about some consistency about your message. You are all over the place. A confused soul at best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.