Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Has Costco opened near Ikea Logan yet?

Wikiposts

Old May 31st 2010, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Question Has Costco opened near Ikea Logan yet?

Old May 31st 2010, 8:14 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Has Costco opened near Ikea Logan yet?

Nope.

Their 2nd one opens in Sydney in 2011. I think that Brisbane is 3rd in line.

Old May 31st 2010, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Nope.

Damn! and I was after a 5 lt bottle of shampoo and a snowmobile...........
Old May 31st 2010, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

CosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really nice

Originally Posted by kporte
Mock all ye want, but Costco is THE place to go when the impeding zombie apocalypse arrives.

Plenty of zombie-killing weapons (petrol strimmers, lawn mowers, chain saws), tonnes of food and communications equipment!

Old May 31st 2010, 8:40 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

Not seen the zombie-killing weapons in the Melbourne store - note to self, must look past the muffins, pizzas and chicken wings :
Old May 31st 2010, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

CosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sass73
Not seen the zombie-killing weapons in the Melbourne store - note to self, must look past the muffins, pizzas and chicken wings :
Ah, well, i'm only going on what they sell over here in the UK. I'm assuming that they have the same type of stuff in different countries...

I quite like Costco, what do you need to get a membership for the one in Melbourne?
Old May 31st 2010, 9:12 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

$60 a year but so worth it.

Was talking to someone who had shopped in one in the US and I was saying how much I liked their muffins. She said, Yeah, but buying 36 at a time....
They come in 12 packs in Melbourne. There are differences I think, but I've never been in a Costco anywhere else. I just love some of the bargains, and I love their microwaveable salmon, and their fresh chicken wings, and their pizzas, and their prawn wontons with sesame sauce and their.... Gods, I could go on and on and on... I'm quite the advert for them and have happily taken friends in so they can appreciate it as well
Old May 31st 2010, 11:33 pm
ABCDiamond

I just love some of the bargains, and I love their microwaveable salmon, and their fresh chicken wings,
I wonder if their fresh chicken wings come from the chicken farm just up the road from us ?

How much are they in Costco ?

Old May 31st 2010, 11:43 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Off the top of my head, they're $9.99/kilo and you can get them hot and freshly cooked or cooked and chilled. Got some last week and had leftovers for lunch for the next 2 days. They also do fresh ribs but I can't remember how much they are.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 12:13 am
ABCDiamond

Off the top of my head, they're $9.99/kilo and you can get them hot and freshly cooked or cooked and chilled. Got some last week and had leftovers for lunch for the next 2 days. They also do fresh ribs but I can't remember how much they are.
$9.99/kilo that is for chicken wings ?

Old Jun 1st 2010, 12:16 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Cooked, spicy chicken wings, freshly prepared and cooked in-store like you get in TGI Fridays or other American style eateries. Uncooked chicken wings are about $4/kilo.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CosmicBertie
Ah, well, i'm only going on what they sell over here in the UK. I'm assuming that they have the same type of stuff in different countries...

I quite like Costco, what do you need to get a membership for the one in Melbourne?
was a member in the uk for years

went to the melbourne store about a month ago to have a good look round

massive queue so couldnt be arsed to get a membership there and then the people there told me that they have to override all overseas memberships

me thinks i will try and get away with this one as long as possible seeing as their system doesnt recognise it
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
was a member in the uk for years

went to the melbourne store about a month ago to have a good look round

massive queue so couldnt be arsed to get a membership there and then the people there told me that they have to override all overseas memberships

me thinks i will try and get away with this one as long as possible seeing as their system doesnt recognise it
I remember when my US relatives came to visit us in Scotland the Edinburgh Costco wouldn't accept their Redmond cards (yes Redmond home of Costco!). Yet when we went to Seattle, all the stores accepted our UK cards!

I can't wait until the Sydney store opens I have cupboards and a garage that are crying out to be filled up with 1000 toilet rolls, 1500m rolls of clingfilm and muffins the size of your head.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Has Costco opened near Ikea Logan yet?

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Nope.

Bugger I thought they'd already started it.

Originally Posted by kporte
Maybe you need to pop to Perth.

Originally Posted by CosmicBertie
Mock all ye want, but Costco is THE place to go when the impeding zombie apocalypse arrives.

Plenty of zombie-killing weapons (petrol strimmers, lawn mowers, chain saws), tonnes of food and communications equipment!

Don't know about the Zombies but apparantly there are meat alternatives...
http://www.7perth.com.au/view/today-...eat-warehouse/

In Brisbane fast growing chain Superbutcher is now boasting four stores in south-east Queensland and northern NSW. More outlets are set to open in Brisbane and Sydney. It's rival, Meat Warehouse, is so successful it's now planning five more stores. CEO Kevin Masterson: "If there's butchers and supermarkets ripping consumers off then clearly we think there's an opportunity for us."
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:44 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it like the Macro chain in the U.K? Need a card to shop there & need to be self employed to get the card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.