Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Has anyone heard from Anne4Terry lately?

Wikiposts

Has anyone heard from Anne4Terry lately?

Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:09 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone heard from Anne4Terry lately?

Originally Posted by glittababe
we were aware of the probs before we came out; both Mark and I have the unfortunate experience of working with them in the UK, so we did some research. You'd be very surprised.

We were shocked to begin with, Mark wanted to move out (and we'd literally just moved in) but at least we're aware. Most people wouldn't 'know' as they're not obliged to give names and addresses out. If you complain they'd just say 'they've got to live somewhere'. Worrying as we have 3 children. Have sat them down and given them the 'talk'. It does mean you can't let the kids be as 'free' as they want to be. We have strict curfews, they can only play on our drive/back garden then in by 6pm when dark. There are 2 security cameras on this blokes house, so they're obviously watching him carefully (I hope). Parents here wait with their kids at school bus stop as...............it's literally right opposite his house!!!!! You'd have thought they'd have moved it.

Better dash, have to register with medicare tomorrow.
What I want to know is though, are you saying its worse here than in the UK?
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

we were aware of the probs before we came out; both Mark and I have the unfortunate experience of working with them in the UK, so we did some research. You'd be very surprised.

We were shocked to begin with, Mark wanted to move out (and we'd literally just moved in) but at least we're aware. Most people wouldn't 'know' as they're not obliged to give names and addresses out. If you complain they'd just say 'they've got to live somewhere'. Worrying as we have 3 children. Have sat them down and given them the 'talk'. It does mean you can't let the kids be as 'free' as they want to be. We have strict curfews, they can only play on our drive/back garden then in by 6pm when dark. There are 2 security cameras on this blokes house, so they're obviously watching him carefully (I hope). Parents here wait with their kids at school bus stop as...............it's literally right opposite his house!!!!! You'd have thought they'd have moved it.

Better dash, have to register with medicare tomorrow.
TBH I have various issues with most of your statements in the last two posts, but life is too short and I can't be bothered. Hope everything goes to plan and you enjoy work when you get there.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
difficult to answer. Depends on area you've come from in UK. Mark worked with the reg ones in the area we lived in UK so we were aware of them and their whereabouts. Doesn't mean to say there weren't more unreg ones lurking about! Think its more talked about here. Brisbane and Southbank have come under more scrutiny, as has the sunshoine coast after the disappearence of Daniel Morcombe. Listening to the local radio over the easter break they were discussing probs on Peregian and Noosa beaches. The kids school also provides information to parents and kids. Only time that happened at UK school was when something happened locally. Just about being aware really. Mark still wants to move. We both feel very uncomfortable here. Problem is we've paid 6 mths rent in advance. Tackled estate agent and she sounded genuinely shocked and said she really was unaware. Next stop for us, looking at land in the middle of nowhere!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

difficult to answer. Depends on area you've come from in UK. Mark worked with the reg ones in the area we lived in UK so we were aware of them and their whereabouts. Doesn't mean to say there weren't more unreg ones lurking about! Think its more talked about here. Brisbane and Southbank have come under more scrutiny, as has the sunshoine coast after the disappearence of Daniel Morcombe. Listening to the local radio over the easter break they were discussing probs on Peregian and Noosa beaches. The kids school also provides information to parents and kids. Only time that happened at UK school was when something happened locally. Just about being aware really. Mark still wants to move. We both feel very uncomfortable here. Problem is we've paid 6 mths rent in advance. Tackled estate agent and she sounded genuinely shocked and said she really was unaware. Next stop for us, looking at land in the middle of nowhere!

See, this is what I thought. Its not that its particularly "rife" over here, as you put it. Its REALLY a case of its more "talked about". People are more informed, probably than you give us credit for as information is more readily available.

Another question I have is if its "unfortunate" that you worked with these people in the UK, why did you work with them?
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hilary6
Hi Annie

Which house did you choose in the end??? Shame about the neighbours :scared:

Did you get the 4wd?

Was great to meet you at Lara's

Take carexx

Hi Hilery! Can't believe you're back in the UK! All ok, ended up going for the house that didn't have any interest in it (now we know why)! Got the 4WD, ended up with a little RAV4 for me and Landrover for Mark as he can work on them (its his hobby). Apart from the probs mentioned above, everything well. Enjoying exploring the area. We spent loads of time up here last time, but in 18 mths its changed stacks. School is lovely, typical country school (sheds on stilts with little funding). Kids all happy, few probs with cam settling but we feel its cos he's older and missing his mates. Everything takes time. How do you feel now your back in the UK?

Sue!!!!! Yes its ok and definately worth it. Glad we ping ponged back. Normal ups and downs of moving, but any probs we were aware of before we left the UK, and we decided to move here, it wasn't forced upon us - so we're embracing the challenges!!!! Better dash don't seem to be able to spend much time on here anymore. Will do in depth post when I have a few moments to collect my thoughts! Take care lots love annie
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:41 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Next stop for us, looking at land in the middle of nowhere!
Then all you'll have to worry about is Bradley Murdoch.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Then all you'll have to worry about is Bradley Murdoch.

Or there is a lovely little spot a long way from anywhere....its called Wolf Creek!

I hear its a newest growth area for tourists!!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:36 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Why would it be any different?

G
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
Why would it be any different?

G

Not actually saying it would be. However, I got the impression, and was just wanting clarification, that she was implying it was actually WORSE out here.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you have a great life Glitterbabe. I am going to visit Anne when I get to Perth she is nearly on my street lol

hugs Lace xx
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:45 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Not actually saying it would be. However, I got the impression, and was just wanting clarification, that she was implying it was actually WORSE out here.
OK

I would imagine it to be much the same.

See the 'Wood royal Commission'.

It would feel worse if you found yourself living next door though.

G
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
OK

I would imagine it to be much the same.

See the 'Wood royal Commission'.

It would feel worse if you found yourself living next door though.

G
It is a tricky one though isn't it, after all we don't have the death sentence and wouldn't anyway for kiddie fiddling and they obviously have to live somewhere but can't imagine anyone saying "yeah no problem mate"
Old Apr 26th 2006, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hilery! Can't believe you're back in the UK! All ok, ended up going for the house that didn't have any interest in it (now we know why)! Got the 4WD, ended up with a little RAV4 for me and Landrover for Mark as he can work on them (its his hobby). Apart from the probs mentioned above, everything well. Enjoying exploring the area. We spent loads of time up here last time, but in 18 mths its changed stacks. School is lovely, typical country school (sheds on stilts with little funding). Kids all happy, few probs with cam settling but we feel its cos he's older and missing his mates. Everything takes time. How do you feel now your back in the UK?

Sue!!!!! Yes its ok and definately worth it. Glad we ping ponged back. Normal ups and downs of moving, but any probs we were aware of before we left the UK, and we decided to move here, it wasn't forced upon us - so we're embracing the challenges!!!! Better dash don't seem to be able to spend much time on here anymore. Will do in depth post when I have a few moments to collect my thoughts! Take care lots love annie
Hi Annie,

Sounds like you're really settled now hope Cam soon settles too must be hard for them starting school...you seen what my 2 are like so quiet!!
Cant wait to get back over the main thing is we have our visa!!!
So we'll be over in September
How is the Rav4 Ive set my heart on 1

Bye for now
xx
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hilary6
Hi Annie,

Sounds like you're really settled now hope Cam soon settles too must be hard for them starting school...you seen what my 2 are like so quiet!!
Cant wait to get back over the main thing is we have our visa!!!
So we'll be over in September
How is the Rav4 Ive set my heart on 1

Bye for now
xx
Congratulations!!!! So pleased for you! September's so close! you've got loads to do! the RAV4 is great, a bit bumpy, but handles well and is economical (about 32-38 miles to the gallon). It'll be ideal as you've got 2 boys and there's only 2 seats in the back! Its small, but high up and nippy! Your boys will be ok, they are quiet, but then it was a new environment for them. Cam's very shy too as you saw, we're looking at enrolling him in a few after school clubs. He's missing his mates from the UK. He's grown up with them from when they were all at playgroup together! It must be hard. Breaks your heart when you ask him how his day at school was and he replies "lonely". Congratulations again, was lovely to finally meet you all! Glad you had a great holiday! XXXX
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hope you have a great life Glitterbabe. I am going to visit Anne when I get to Perth she is nearly on my street lol

hugs Lace xx
Hi Lace! Say hi to Anne for me and wish her well from me! Hope all's ok love annie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.