Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Has anyone done Cert IV in Training and Assessment?

Has anyone done Cert IV in Training and Assessment?

Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:15 am
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of
Default Re: Has anyone done Cert IV in Training and Assessment?

The Cert IV in Training & Assessment is basically the equivalent of the old D32 & D33 modules in the UK. If you have these or their eqivalent then you should be able to RPL them. I had these modules from the UK and did a 2 day course to RPL them paid for by my employer.

The Cert IV in Training & Assessment is a requirement for teaching in TAFE; or if you are looking at training in Australia it will be difficult to find work without it.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

I did a teaching and mentoring course in the UK, I could have RPL'ed most of the work to the TAA40104 course but decided to do the whole thing via distance learning. The company I am with is HBA and I have found them very supportive, the course has cost $1,200. They also have a 4 or 5 day face to face delivery version.
good luck
jacqui
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:00 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

You could try the Australian College of Training & Education, [email protected]5 day course with 60 hours of homework afterwards.

To my mind it's best not to keep RPL ing the smaller courses as this will give people the hump and leave em thinking that you feel the Ozzies can't educate you in any way, a sure fire way to stall your career

Steve
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

rmac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nice

Originally Posted by spartacus
Hi Colin

I'd be interested in the contact details if you don't mind.

I used to do a lot of training and seminars in the UK, but have moved onto other things since getting here. Loads of training jobs advertised, but the vast majority require cert IV, and up until now I'd never considered doing it. But for $1000 for ten days, why not?
Hi Spartacus,
Have sent you a PM.
Colin
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:46 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s/nurse
I did a teaching and mentoring course in the UK, I could have RPL'ed most of the work to the TAA40104 course but decided to do the whole thing via distance learning. The company I am with is HBA and I have found them very supportive, the course has cost $1,200. They also have a 4 or 5 day face to face delivery version.
good luck
jacqui
Glad to hear a good review for HBA - thats one of the companies I looked at going with. Its $1350 here for the face to face course. I'd pretty much decided that TAFE was the way to go but now that I'd read your post I'm not sure again? Any ideas on how the HBA course would suit someone with no teaching experience? Would a 4 days course be enough?? Thanks
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:56 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Im doing the Training and Assesment Cert IV starting next week. One day a week for 8 weeks here in Melbourne with the ANF ( nursing federation ).It cost $1100.
I'm expecting it to be ultra boring. Is there much essays to do for it??

Anyone know if it is recognised in the Uk?? Please say it is!!!!
Is it the new version of the old ENB998 teaching course????

*pearly*
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Glad to hear a good review for HBA - thats one of the companies I looked at going with. Its $1350 here for the face to face course. I'd pretty much decided that TAFE was the way to go but now that I'd read your post I'm not sure again? Any ideas on how the HBA course would suit someone with no teaching experience? Would a 4 days course be enough?? Thanks
I have had previous experience so it has been Ok for me, even with no experience I think it is explained very well what is required and the learning resources provided are very informative.
Like I said, any questions I have asked have been answered promptly and there is also an online forum for discussions with HBA.
jacqui
Old Jul 12th 2008, 1:36 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to do this course online, can anyone recommend a cheap online course?
Old Jul 12th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mine was $1200
Jacqui
Old Jul 12th 2008, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

I found the course very helpful when I did it a few years ago. I think the material is pretty dry, so a lot depends on the group you get, and the teacher. I had a fantastic teacher and she made it very interactive, so it was great. In fact, I still keep in touch with her!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 11:37 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm pondering over what to study next semester and am tinkering with the idea of getting some sort of teaching qualification, so that I could maybe teach Web Design part time at TAFE in the future. I spoke to the TAFE teachers and all they've got is Cert IV which can be finished quite quickly if doing an intense course - costs about $2000 though so before I fork out the cash, I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the course?

Cheers
great qualification to have. hubby did it while working full time.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

Anyone who is a citizen or permanent resident might find a university course more 'affordable' as the fees can be deferred through 'hecs'.

Unis like UNE or SCU do a lot of online courses. I qualified in TESOL online through SCU - I certainly could not afford the TAFE fees to get a Cert4. And of course, you need never repay hecs unless you earn enough, and then it just means you pay more income tax.

All the info is available online.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 2:47 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Im doing the Training and Assesment Cert IV starting next week. One day a week for 8 weeks here in Melbourne with the ANF ( nursing federation ).It cost $1100.
I'm expecting it to be ultra boring. Is there much essays to do for it??

Anyone know if it is recognised in the Uk?? Please say it is!!!!
Is it the new version of the old ENB998 teaching course????

*pearly*
Ultra boring is an understatement... most anal course I've ever been on and totaly wrapped up with unpacking their packages and repackaging etc..

Not what I expected from a training and assessing course although they did chuck an odd snippet of that in.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pondering over what to study next semester and am tinkering with the idea of getting some sort of teaching qualification, so that I could maybe teach Web Design part time at TAFE in the future. I spoke to the TAFE teachers and all they've got is Cert IV which can be finished quite quickly if doing an intense course - costs about $2000 though so before I fork out the cash, I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the course?

Cheers
Mrs J, Went to see the guy at TAFE concerning teaching welding. Now, I have an honours in Politics and history (also time served welder)and he said to me "Do you have part iv, training and assessing" I said no but is an honours degree not slightly higher on the academic scale and he said yes but you still need the part iv. Well bugger me says I. Why did I waste 4 years at uni when some doughnut could have got me the necessarry quals in 2 weeks as long as I had the readies. Personally, I smell a bloody rat but there you go.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 8:56 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by framac
Mrs J, Went to see the guy at TAFE concerning teaching welding. Now, I have an honours in Politics and history (also time served welder)and he said to me "Do you have part iv, training and assessing" I said no but is an honours degree not slightly higher on the academic scale and he said yes but you still need the part iv. Well bugger me says I. Why did I waste 4 years at uni when some doughnut could have got me the necessarry quals in 2 weeks as long as I had the readies. Personally, I smell a bloody rat but there you go.
You can come here with a Masters in Education and they still make you do the Cert 4 as they say otherwise you don't know what you are doing with there lovely little courses, I already had English teaching quals etc.. but nope it was do it all over again and unlike some other people we were told we could not RPL...

At least it is a nationwide course but there are usualy then top ups every 5 years when that fabled 'you have forgot everything you were ever taught' time comes round.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.