Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Has anybody registered an interstate car in NSW?

Wikiposts

Has anybody registered an interstate car in NSW?

Old Jun 20th 2010, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold
Default Has anybody registered an interstate car in NSW?

Just wondering - Has anybody tried registering a car from interstate in NSW? Did they have any issues with a road worthy car not cheaply passing the inspection?

I might be moving to Sydney. I have a car registered in Victoria. I have it serviced each year so as far as I know it's road worthy.

One of the guys I work with reckons it generally cheaper to take a car and reregister it rather than selling it in its home state and buying another one. I'm wondering what the chances are putting a road worthy car through an NSW inspection, barring dodgy mechanics, being given a horrific bill from the car not meeting the rego requirements.

Has anybody else experienced this?
Old Jun 21st 2010, 8:42 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Has anybody registered an interstate car in NSW?

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
Just wondering - Has anybody tried registering a car from interstate in NSW? Did they have any issues with a road worthy car not cheaply passing the inspection?

I might be moving to Sydney. I have a car registered in Victoria. I have it serviced each year so as far as I know it's road worthy.

One of the guys I work with reckons it generally cheaper to take a car and reregister it rather than selling it in its home state and buying another one. I'm wondering what the chances are putting a road worthy car through an NSW inspection, barring dodgy mechanics, being given a horrific bill from the car not meeting the rego requirements.

I took a car from NSW to QLD, (two actually) and had to have the road-worthy inspections when we re-registered with QLD plates. As long as the car has been kept in good condition it should be OK.

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 12:48 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anybody registered an interstate car in NSW?

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster

Yes, a reasonably well maintained car should be fine... but yes, NSW roadworthy exams can be tricky. I was once told to paint the insides of my rear lights with nail polish to make them red enough as they had faded. I kid you not. (After that, the car passed.)